What's new

For Honor

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Some notes on Warlord and Shugoki. Can anyone add to these, and add notes for Peacekeeper and Conquerer? As well as Valkyrie? Thanks in advance.

Warlord:
- Has the most winning matchups in the game.
- Has no true losing matchup, his worst matchups are 5-5 (aka even)
- He has the best defense in the game
- He has the 2nd best offense in the game
- He can avoid mixups altogether with his 'all guard', and once he's attacked in 'all guard', he gets a guaranteed light punish. He can also guardbreak out of 'all guard', meaning he can GB tech while in 'all guard'
- His headbutt has very little downside, the reward outweighs the risk. After headbutt connects, the headbutt riposte is guaranteed. Yes, you CAN dodge the headbutt.
- He has one of the best throws in the game. If your guardbroken, the chances are very high you're going off a cliff or into an environmental

Shugoki:
- Highest heath in the game
- Has one hit of armor by default. The armor goes away upon hit, but recharges after a few seconds
- Shugoki is virtually unpunishable when armor is activated. There are some punishes, such as guard break and two quick hitting lights, but both require you be right next to him.
- On punishing, you can't guard break punish him off a parry consistently. Some times he's too far for the guard break to connect. This forces long range poke punishes. Which when he has armor, he can just eat it on purpose to get his own free punish, usually a guardbreak.
- Off of a guardbreak, if you're near a wall, Goki can throw you into a wall and get a free Devil's Embrace. This does decent damage and also heals the Goki's health. He also gets the baseball bat hit off of a GB, which can send you off the edge or into an environmental easily.
- He has an unlocked unblockable run that knocksdown on impact. After knockdown he gets a free heavy. There's very little downside to "spamming" this, other than the stamina cost.
- He has several unblockable setups, with and without his unblockable heavy charge attack.
Eveything looks about right with Warlord except headbutt is unsafe if dodged and there is no guarantee light after full guard most of the cast can block it i think its a bug

Reactions: GAV

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Petemoo doesn't have to work nearly as hard as the other pks in the tourney it's that simple. I honestly don't think petemoo is that good but he is very hard to beat because of warlord. It's no mere coincidence that every big tourney that's been won was won with a warlord. You seem to be awfully quick to defend warlord (pun not intended) and how good he is without really looking into why he is so good.
Your right bro ive wasted too much time defending this chararcter, time lost in vain. Because there gonna nerf him too hard unjustifiable i already now it so im just gonna let it go i gave my 2 cents. offensive powerhouses will be on top as usual mkx all over again defense is never meant to live RIP Warlord and conq.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I always say, if you want to see what's broken as fuck, play the very hard ai with the char.
In this case, Valkpieceofshitrye is the most broken piece of shit crap in the history of the universe I have ever seen.

That piece of shit AI parries everything, switches attacks exactly when I press guard the other way, and never runs out of stamina, ever, just spams a bazillion sweeps that are undodgeable into spam into sweep into piece of shit.

I had to SPAM THE SHIT OUT OF DEVIL EMBRACE WHATEVER WITH SHUGOKI TO BEAT THE AI 400-0 UNTIL THE FUCKING PROCESSOR EXPLODED just not to go insane from foaming at the mouth piece of shit character.

There.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
What does this mean?
Kensei has an attack that cannot be blocked, but inly parried. Its a slow overhead that can be sidestepped, but when it comes from the Kensei you aren't lined up on - a red arrow comes from a side, but it still can't just be blocked; it can only be parried. This means it almost always lands when thrown at an opponent who is lined up on someone else.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I always say, if you want to see what's broken as fuck, play the very hard ai with the char.
In this case, Valkpieceofshitrye is the most broken piece of shit crap in the history of the universe I have ever seen.

That piece of shit AI parries everything, switches attacks exactly when I press guard the other way, and never runs out of stamina, ever, just spams a bazillion sweeps that are undodgeable into spam into sweep into piece of shit.

I had to SPAM THE SHIT OUT OF DEVIL EMBRACE WHATEVER WITH SHUGOKI TO BEAT THE AI 400-0 UNTIL THE FUCKING PROCESSOR EXPLODED just not to go insane from foaming at the mouth piece of shit character.

There.

You have summed up every experience I ever had playing SFV, vs people, AI, training mode, clicking the icon, everything.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Kensei are good when they have numbers. Recognizing that overhead and parrying when it comes from the side doesn't ever happen. Its a kill for sure.
I mean in a duel situation

hes got way better mix-ups than lawbringer, and just straight up better moves
This does not answer my question.

Anyone interested in sitting down for some duels later today? (On PC). In a perfect world, we'd be able to play a couple hours and I'd be able to run through a handful of matches on a handful of characters and the focus is on me figuring out how they work some, ie, I'm asking someone to help me get s feel for a few classes without wiping me off the map in the first second of play. Maybe jump in voice chat.
You stil lhaven't accepted my FRs.

Kensei can cancel his overhead unblockable which leads to a lot of mind games. If he suspects you will parry his unblockable he can parry your attempt to do so. He can also cancel into side attacks of some form but idk if they're heavy or light or anything. Or he can not cancel it at all and deal big damage if it hits.
Yea but getting to that attack means I have to land 2 chains which only happens as a punish after GB or catching off-guard someone who doesn't know how to fight Kensei with back Top Light into Light 3-way mix-up.

As far as starting up offense he's got it as bad as anyone in the game who doesn't have some form of a fast unblockable. At the very least LB has armor on shove and can use it to drain an opponent's stamina.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I mean in a duel situation

This does not answer my question.

You stil lhaven't accepted my FRs.

Yea but getting to that attack means I have to land 2 chains which only happens as a punish after GB or catching off-guard someone who doesn't know how to fight Kensei with back Top Light into Light 3-way mix-up.

As far as starting up offense he's got it as bad as anyone in the game who doesn't have some form of a fast unblockable. At the very least LB has armor on shove and can use it to drain an opponent's stamina.
Kenseis make bad duelers.

After extensive testing I have found something unexpected in the blocking for this game.

I had originally thought every character has the same speed on their initial startup...but I was wrong.
Soooo it turns out all characters have the same block speed... except assassins.
After looking into it and testing a lot I found that at the 4th frame of the block for assassins they can block an attack however any other class has to wait an additional frame before they can block. So a 33ms difference.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't think so.
NVM, Figured out they were from Spain. Good god man, that was the worst shit I've ever had to play against in this game. Like at least 12 frames of delay. I didn't even really notice it at first, then I couldn't block nearly anything, like not even super slow heavies.

They really REALLY need to add regional matchmaking. Like, seriously.

Your right bro ive wasted too much time defending this chararcter, time lost in vain. Because there gonna nerf him too hard unjustifiable i already now it so im just gonna let it go i gave my 2 cents. offensive powerhouses will be on top as usual mkx all over again defense is never meant to live RIP Warlord and conq.
Bro you're being absolutely ridiculous right now. try playing any other character right now and youll absolutely struggle in comparison. You need to take off your warlord goggles to see how you are actually supposed to play the game. Warlord is, no doubt about it, way too good in this game and he needs to be nerfed and hard. He will still be top even after just because his entire character design is too good.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Yes. On PS4 I have my guard break button as R3. Not sure how to do it on XB1, but you can't do it in the in game settings.
ooo I like that, hadn't thought of changing it to make it more easily accessible in battle. On a side note, I would be super happy with one map that had little to no environmentals and a wide open space like an arena that would be more suitable for competitive play

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

There.
Pretty sure Sweep isn't undodgeable unless they changed that too. Max level AI is gonna parry everything...cuz it's a robot...switching attacks exactly when you switch guard could literally be it reading your inputs. She doesn't use a ton of stamina i will say that. I wouldn't use max level AI to determine strength of characters when a shit ton of fishy stuff could be associated with how they make the AI difficult :p

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Pretty sure Sweep isn't undodgeable unless they changed that too. Max level AI is gonna parry everything...cuz it's a robot...switching attacks exactly when you switch guard could literally be it reading your inputs. She doesn't use a ton of stamina i will say that. I wouldn't use max level AI to determine strength of characters when a shit ton of fishy stuff could be associated with how they make the AI difficult :p
Sweep is dodged by dodging into the attack. You just i-frame through it. AFAIK it's the only move in the game you can phase through with dodge it's very weird.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
anyone else have a hard time parrying valkyrie? her and shugoki I have a hard time with getting the timing for the parry/deflect right

CrazyFingers

anyone else have a hard time parrying valkyrie? her and shugoki I have a hard time with getting the timing for the parry/deflect right
For Shugoki on his heavies don't try doing on your normal timings, just stare at the indicator till it gives you the go ahead.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
I am that fucking salty they took kenseis fast top heavy from his swift strike. Ffs!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
He's a lot harder than people make him out to be lol.
Yeah Shugoki is harder to learn because his gameplan is fairly different than every other character. Once I get more proficient with Warden, I'm moving to Warlord and Shugoki. I want to main a Hero in each faction, so why not use the best Hero's?

But no seriously, my plan from the beginning was to use Goki and Warlord. I thought my main was gonna be Bushi, but once I picked up Warden I fell in love.

CrazyFingers

Yeah Shugoki is harder to learn because his gameplan is fairly different than every other character. Once I get more proficient with Warden, I'm moving to Warlord and Shugoki. I want to main a Hero in each faction, so why not use the best Hero's?

But no seriously, my plan from the beginning was to use Goki and Warlord. I thought my main was gonna be Bushi, but once I picked up Warden I fell in love.
I hope that Centurion motherfucker is fun. Because I'm going to play the shit out of him regardless on principle.