What's new

For Honor

So are the kara cancels a real thing if so how come i never see top tournament players using them i hope its a bug seams like a bug
A lot of players arent capable of consistently doing kara cancels except for the basic ones and usually they are too risky for the rewards. The simple ones are done all the time tho and most of them are hard to notice unless you are actually playing against the player

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The Warlord all guard change is great. Wonder what the other Walord nerfs will be.

Reactions: GAV

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Get out of lock and chase down, bait a dash and punish or just chase down and then they wont dash pretty simple stuff.

Also its pretty ironic how an avid defense defender like you thinks that pks backdashing needs to be nerfed.

Hahahaha dude can we be reasonable here i dint say nerf her zone attack fastest move in the game i dint say nerf her lights fastest lights in the game all i said was tone down her mobility.

You know what its like to play against pk picture mk9 no run button just dashes picture one character being able to dash in from full screen attack you then dash back to full screen dash in from full screen attack dash back to full screen rinse and repeat rinse and repeat with almost no recovery.

Your always having to play her game there is nothing you can do she gets to set the pace of the match you basically have to wait on her to come in all game.

There needs to be something done about this maybe make back dashing costing stamina like foxy granpa said there is too much running away in this game not just pk other characters too there needs to be away to corner someone like every other fighting game out there were if you play too much keep away you corner yourself into a bad situation something of this nature needs to be in this game

Hahahaha dude can we be reasonable here i dint say nerf her zone attack fastest move in the game i dint say nerf her lights fastest lights in the game all i said was tone down her mobility.

You know what its like to play against pk picture mk9 no run button just dashes picture one character being able to dash in from full screen attack you then dash back to full screen dash in from full screen attack dash back to full screen rinse and repeat rinse and repeat with almost no recovery.

Your always having to play her game there is nothing you can do she gets to set the pace of the match you basically have to wait on her to come in all game.

There needs to be something done about this maybe make back dashing costing stamina like foxy granpa said there is too much running away in this game not just pk other characters too there needs to be away to corner someone like every other fighting game out there were if you play too much keep away you corner yourself into a bad situation something of this nature needs to be in this game
Side Note: her second lights are the only lights that are fast her other lights are the same as lights that 90% of the rest of the cast has.

I agree that there needs to be a penalty for stamina but her dashing is her one defensive mechanic.
Dashing can be easily punished on reaction though and thats why its not ridiculous. She cant outrun anyone with backdashes and so its completely punishable. Things like full guard arent completely punishable and thats why its a problem and the dashes arent. To 'punish' full guard you have to bait the near instant startup about 5 times consecutively and then try to hit the warlord with almost all completely reactable moves on block. By the time you get at most 2 hits in the stamina will be back and then full guard can be used again. Cornering characters is completely possible in this game just takes extra work because the opponent can move in all directions not just 2. But its important to know that the strategy to beat constant dashing is not try to corner them but just find punishes for their dashes.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Side Note: her second lights are the only lights that are fast her other lights are the same as lights that 90% of the rest of the cast has.

I agree that there needs to be a penalty for stamina but her dashing is her one defensive mechanic.
Dashing can be easily punished on reaction though and thats why its not ridiculous. She cant outrun anyone with backdashes and so its completely punishable. Things like full guard arent completely punishable and thats why its a problem and the dashes arent. To 'punish' full guard you have to bait the near instant startup about 5 times consecutively and then try to hit the warlord with almost all completely reactable moves on block. By the time you get at most 2 hits in the stamina will be back and then full guard can be used again. Cornering characters is completely possible in this game just takes extra work because the opponent can move in all directions not just 2. But its important to know that the strategy to beat constant dashing is not try to corner them but just find punishes for their dashes.

Its not as easy as you say bro have you seen the range of her dashes its ridiculous just tone it down a bit thats all i ask. She gets to set the pace of the match. you cannot guard break her if she just back dashes. you literally have to be at point black range and maybe it will work. But you are rarely ever at point blank range against pk because she controls space so well hitting and running hitting and running i would play that way too if i played pk.

I guess well agree to disagree. but is there anything that needs changing with that character or is she a perfectly balanced characters???
Even with warlords over the top defense and god tier that he was the match up was only slight advantage to warlord against pk and he is god tier!!!!!!haha so im guessing she just rapes all the other characters in this game easily if warlord was barely able to beat her lul

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
nice, that covered everything I would have plus I learned something new with that hurricane blast faint into spin attack which I'm definitely gonna practice. Is there a resource available anywhere with the damages that characters heavies and lights do?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Alright, we need to make a list to make things interesting when the new characters come out. People who are excited for the Centurion, quote this post and say so. Same for you ninja lovers. THE WAR WITHIN THE WAR BEGINS NOW.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
sorry I'm 26 and still haven't grown out of thinking ninjas are pretty badass my bad
Well then you are old enough to now know everything you know about ninjas is wrong. They were from mostly peasant stock and all the kicken rad ninja weapons were just re-purposed farming tools. They were expendable fodder and not elite soldiers.

Roman soldiers though, well they conquered the known world they don't exactly need fairly tales to make them cool now do they!?

Is Valkyrie pretty good now or did her buffs just encourage better players to pick her up?
Shes essentially the same. Idk if her backdash full block was buffed but it is pretty strong. Either than that she mainly just hope that you can either mix them up with sweep or just hope they cant react to lights

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Well then you are old enough to now know everything you know about ninjas is wrong. They were from mostly peasant stock and all the kicken rad ninja weapons were just re-purposed farming tools. They were expendable fodder and not elite soldiers.

Roman soldiers though, well they conquered the known world they don't exactly need fairly tales to make them cool now do they!?
Well to be fair, ninjas WERE a bunch of peasants...that took out shit tons of fully, LIFE TIME TRAINED, Samurais. AND THEY DID IT WITH FARM TOOLS. Like come on, you have to admit that's pretty cool.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Well to be fair, ninjas WERE a bunch of peasants...that took out shit tons of fully, LIFE TIME TRAINED, Samurais. AND THEY DID IT WITH FARM TOOLS. Like come on, you have to admit that's pretty cool.
Tons isn't the word i'd use.

Maybe several dozen, over a few hundred years.

You want people who took out "tons" of Samurai, you want the portugese merchants who killed so many people in dumb honor disputes pushed on to them that trade with foreigners had to be banned til commodore Perry went and busted shit up forcing the backwards japanese to trade with the rest of the world again.