What's new

For Honor

so is there any particular reason why they thought it was a good idea to make it so that valk can just sit there forever with full block and just dash back into it whenever she wants for no stamina

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Someone told me that it's actually a 3way mix-up btu so far I've yet to see any other situation than Sweep or GB.

Also tea that's pretty much fast unblockables in a nutshell. Too bad characters who don't have them have to settle for scraps when it comes to damage.
Well you have to dodge into it in order to avoid it yea? So wouldn't a light hit you if you guessed Sweep?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yea I can't parry Valk consistently either. I don't know if it's cause I'm bad or if it's cause it's actual thing but I'm 0 for 10 on that lunging overhead

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well you have to dodge into it in order to avoid it yea? So wouldn't a light hit you if you guessed Sweep?
like I said, idk never seen it. If only there was a solid training mode in the game :/

On that note, this game needs some basic features almost every AAA FG title have nowaways and it's a shame that they're missing.

• Recent players list. Why in the hell did they forget a feature like this It's pretty straightforward, there's nothing much to say as how useful this feature would be.
  • As forementioned, a solid training mode. Lab things, something every Fighting Game needs.
As a bonus: They need to make separate 4v4 mode where Gear Stats are off so I can actually play them.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So how do you assassin players deal with no blocking? I find it really hard in some matchups. I'd love to play Orochi but in certain matchups where you have to block one direction and react to attacks coming in other directions, I struggle. Any tips?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So how do you assassin players deal with no blocking? I find it really hard in some matchups. I'd love to play Orochi but in certain matchups where you have to block one direction and react to attacks coming in other directions, I struggle. Any tips?
I kind of also need help on this. Assassins are cool but that's something I definitely struggle with.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I kind of also need help on this. Assassins are cool but that's something I definitely struggle with.
For me it depends. I'll keep my guard up if im playing say a Warden. Ill alternate left and top guard because his 2 fastest attacks are his top light and zone. Then I'll just try to react to everything else from there.

But then you have characters like Val/Orochi/Pk that just have really fast moves that are hard to react to. So for me atleast I'll just try to react to their attacks and not bother cycling through my guard.

One little tidbit; and this is more of a "A good defense is a good offense" type a thing. And I really only do this on Pk's mainly.
I find that they don't block for very long lol. And if I'm struggling at blocking her attacks, I'll start using Beserkers forward dash armored attacks. Even tho this is risky. It is something that if the opposing player gets hit by, they will now be a little more wary during neutral cause they now know that I'm willing to throw out this move that can easily be parried or dodged and they are now more likely to not attack so freely and be on the defensive.

Both Valkyrie and Orochi in my experience tend to block and be more little more patient than Pk's. So I won't use the forward dash armored moves on those 2 since it's really easily punished.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Bro you're being absolutely ridiculous right now. try playing any other character right now and youll absolutely struggle in comparison. You need to take off your warlord goggles to see how you are actually supposed to play the game. Warlord is, no doubt about it, way too good in this game and he needs to be nerfed and hard. He will still be top even after just because his entire character design is too good.
I hear you bro i know like i said im done i said my two cents just gonna move on whatever happens happens aint gonna worry about it anymore. Give me some games soon basic i think im leveling up lil more lul but your pk is on another level

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Finally finished up my kensei thing, after the first minute or so covers a lot of techniques that are not necessarily fully public knowledge.

Hard to find time to play heh, Horizon and now Nier really eats into the for honor time.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Well I got a couple hours tonight with a buddy to duel and practice on a few characters and Ive had some of my expectations knocked around.

I found Nobushi to not really be any fun.. I dunno. Just didn't like her.

Warlord is less plodding and miserably slow than his archetype would suggest and he's actually fairly fun from a mindgames standpoint.

Valk is amazing but a little too busy and tedious for my tastes.

Conq is OK but I preferred WL in almost every way.

Oro and PK are in a dead heat and I have no idea who to choose. I want a 'rogue' type character. I know PK is 'better' but Oro is just badass. So I'm torn.

Warden is very interesting. He's exactly what I thought he was, and that's FH's version of Ryu, but he's massively fun and effective.

So.. Warden is probably my main and I will pocket/co-main WL and either PK or Oro.. I will decide tomorrow after some more testing.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yes. My brother explained this to me. With an assassin, you have to constantly keep changing guard. In most cases with assassins, you want your guard to be fluid so you can mix up your offense easily - and defending is done pre-emptively through movement and only reactively through blocking. With assassins, blocking and guard break countering only happens when they have already broken through your first line of defense - which is movement.

Darumm

Noob
Finally finished up my kensei thing, after the first minute or so covers a lot of techniques that are not necessarily fully public knowledge.

Hard to find time to play heh, Horizon and now Nier really eats into the for honor time.
Good video!
I have one question regarding the dash blocking, in the video you said that the only thing guaranteed is to forward dash block into GB, but I've been hitting opponent with side dash block into Swift Strike.
Was it just a case of my oponents not expecting it or not knowing how to block it, or is it also guaranteed?
I have no way to properly test it.

GAV

I play mostly Dominion. I know its probably the easiest mode in terms of facing tough opponents, but there are aspects of it that elude many players. They generally don't know what the game really is and they rarely ever play their role. I see so many games where teams are plus in K/D and they lose because they don't understand the game or their roles.

My brother and I haven't lost a Dominion in 3 days because he stays in tune with me. He plays Orochi and I play Conq. He stays in the white areas to get in and out quick, but leaves me to hold one position as soon as I get the block to heal perk. Once I get that, I have to get rolled to fall - and that rarely ever happens. He plays hit and run and I stay put and hold. He wants to get kills while my goal is just to not die without giving ground. I have learned to target the greatest threat at all times and keep moving to make myself a hard target to pin down while he switches targets and keeps unsuspecting players on tilt. He knows not to rush to help me anytime because the Conqueror always looks like he's in trouble, if he's playing his role, but he's never really in trouble. Yesterday, we played about 25 Dominion matches - and none of our opposition had over 350 points by game's end.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So how is everyone liking the overalll balance and the general mechanics/overall style of the game? I've been thinking of getting it but it seems there's some glaring issues that I'd rather just wait on.

GAV

So how is everyone liking the overalll balance and the general mechanics/overall style of the game? I've been thinking of getting it but it seems there's some glaring issues that I'd rather just wait on.
Alot of games end early because of errors. There are tons of rage quitters. The game definitely has issues, but its absolutely addicting.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I think so far the balance has been really good in this game yeah there are some really strong top tiers but. But nothing as bad and broken as mkx like pre patch quan chi, tanya, alien etc so i give it ubisoft there first fighting game and there doing a good job just a few more patches and its even gonna be better. If they keep this up im just gonna skip injustice i dont know what kinda drugs the dudes at NRS are on but I've lost hope with that company and when they finally patch something the game is already at the end of its life. so yeah i think for honor is really good so far

Well I got a couple hours tonight with a buddy to duel and practice on a few characters and Ive had some of my expectations knocked around.

I found Nobushi to not really be any fun.. I dunno. Just didn't like her.

Warlord is less plodding and miserably slow than his archetype would suggest and he's actually fairly fun from a mindgames standpoint.

Valk is amazing but a little too busy and tedious for my tastes.

Conq is OK but I preferred WL in almost every way.

Oro and PK are in a dead heat and I have no idea who to choose. I want a 'rogue' type character. I know PK is 'better' but Oro is just badass. So I'm torn.

Warden is very interesting. He's exactly what I thought he was, and that's FH's version of Ryu, but he's massively fun and effective.

So.. Warden is probably my main and I will pocket/co-main WL and either PK or Oro.. I will decide tomorrow after some more testing.
Nobushi is one of the most fun characters to play in the game Idk how you could say that. You must be just playing her wrong cuz I wish I could play nobushi more

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Like GAV said it has a few problems but really what fighting game doesn't. It's a hard game to get started with b/c of gear stats and requiring a fair bit muscle memory but once you catch on it really is one of the funnest multiplayer games Ive played in a long time.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Matchmaking is pretty atrocious. You can't customize any search options, most importantly you can't search for your region only. The connection can get really bad.

Balance wise, Warlord is OP right now. Shugoki and PK are also super top tier, but beatable. Other than those 3, the balance is pretty good. The mechanics are really fluid and smart, it's a really fun game. It's the firsy fighting game I actually enjoy since UMK3.

Matchmaking is pretty atrocious. You can't customize any search options, most importantly you can't search for your region only. The connection can get really bad.

Balance wise, Warlord is OP right now. Shugoki and PK are also super top tier, but beatable. Other than those 3, the balance is pretty good. The mechanics are really fluid and smart, it's a really fun game. It's the firsy fighting game I actually enjoy since UMK3.
Haven't had time to see if the live patch came out today but if it did than goki is not that strong. Also I don't know why everyone is complaining about the matchmaking I've never had problems except for the few times I played in 4v4 and everyone leaves

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Alot of games end early because of errors. There are tons of rage quitters. The game definitely has issues, but its absolutely addicting.
I think so far the balance has been really good in this game yeah there are some really strong top tiers but. But nothing as bad and broken as mkx like pre patch quan chi, tanya, alien etc so i give it ubisoft there first fighting game and there doing a good job just a few more patches and its even gonna be better. If they keep this up im just gonna skip injustice i dont know what kinda drugs the dudes at NRS are on but I've lost hope with that company and when they finally patch something the game is already at the end of its life. so yeah i think for honor is really good so far
Like GAV said it has a few problems but really what fighting game doesn't. It's a hard game to get started with b/c of gear stats and requiring a fair bit muscle memory but once you catch on it really is one of the funnest multiplayer games Ive played in a long time.

Sounds like the game has some issues but is overall a good product. Just waiting on some patches for balance and issues.

What is the overall game style like now that people had time to really play? Like how you can you say skullgirls is reset heavy, mkx is high mixup.