What's new

For Honor

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
My gameplan was to go A and stay there the whole match and piss them off so they would all come at me and it worked decently

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I love For Honor. With that said, its still time to rip Ubisoft...

By addressing character balance, they are not addressing the game's real problem. They are...

Connectivity - It is really annoying to get booted from games and it happens A-LOT. Its especially annoying when it happens at the midpoint or at the end of games.

No Ranking or Higher Payouts for Strong Play - In Dominion, the player that goes 16-2 with 700 points gets the same loot as the player that went 1-6 with a score of 100. Duelers are assigned no type of rank. The only place strong play is actually rewarded tangibly is in Faction Wars which rewards entire factions and doesn't really amount to much for the individual.

That is all.

Last edited:

navaroNe

Bu addressing character balance, they are not addressing the game's real problem. They are...

Connectivity - It is really annoying to get booted from games an it happens ALOT. Its especially annoying when it happens at the midpoint or at the end of games.

No Ranking or Higher Payouts for Strong Play - In Dominion, the player that goes 16-2 with 700 points gets the same loot as the player that went 1-6 with a score of 100. Duelers are assigned no type of rank. The only place strong play is actually rewarded tangibly is in Faction Wars which rewards entire factions and doesn't really amount to much for the individual.

That is all.
Agreed. I'd also like to see slightly higher steel rewards with the crazy prices they put on stuff. Like 5000 steel for a costume with a 5000 steel pack costing 8 bucks (for me anyways as I'm Canadian) is kinda dumb when you usually get a dlc character for that price in most games

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Agreed. I'd also like to see slightly higher steel rewards with the crazy prices they put on stuff. Like 5000 steel for a costume with a 5000 steel pack costing 8 bucks (for me anyways as I'm Canadian) is kinda dumb when you usually get a dlc character for that price in most games
i was told that it would use the same model as RS:S for the DLC where you can buy the characters with in game currency, so ive saved up since day 1 and have over 25,000 steel because i dont know how much it will cost for the characters

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

By addressing character balance, they are not addressing the game's real problem. They are...

Connectivity - It is really annoying to get booted from games and it happens A-LOT. Its especially annoying when it happens at the midpoint or at the end of games.

That is all.
Ranked mode will be added after season 1. This happens in most of Ubisoft's games.

navaroNe

i was told that it would use the same model as RS:S for the DLC where you can buy the characters with in game currency, so ive saved up since day 1 and have over 25,000 steel because i dont know how much it will cost for the characters
Yeah I did hear that as well but considering something like the mythic outfit for a character costs 15000 steel and things like simple emotes cost 5000, I'm guessing a character would be like 100000 with that rationale but I'm hoping I'm wrong about that cause that would be over $100 if you were to buy the steel outright. Hopefully they will cut us a break

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I did hear that as well but considering something like the mythic outfit for a character costs 15000 steel and things like simple emotes cost 5000, I'm guessing a character would be like 100000 with that rationale but I'm hoping I'm wrong about that cause that would be over $100 if you were to buy the steel outright. Hopefully they will cut us a break
The heros cost 500 steel to unlock, I assume the DLC will cost the same.

navaroNe

The heros cost 500 steel to unlock, I assume the DLC will cost the same.
I though about that as well but you have access to all characters at start of game, you just have to pay to recruit them if you want to customize. I'm thinking DLC you will have to pay steel to be able to play them at all, can't see them passing on an opportunity to collect a lot of "steel" themselves by allowing players access to the DLC characters without having to pay upfront. Even if it is without customization there would be a sizeable amount of people that would be satisfied by just that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I though about that as well but you have access to all characters at start of game, you just have to pay to recruit them if you want to customize. I'm thinking DLC you will have to pay steel to be able to play them at all, can't see them passing on an opportunity to collect a lot of "steel" themselves by allowing players access to the DLC characters without having to pay upfront. Even if it is without customization there would be a sizeable amount of people that would be satisfied by just that.
They didn't cost that much in Siege, doubt they would be more than like 1000 steel.

navaroNe

They didn't cost that much in Siege, doubt they would be more than like 1000 steel.
Well I guess the season pass is gonna be $40 and that gives you 6 characters and other stuff so it may end up not being as much as I expected overall to purchase a hero with steel which is good news for me.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah centurion is def the winner of the two unless you are like, under 18 and still into ninja garbage.

Then I just went from 35 to too young to buy alcohol, cause Ninja's are fucking bad-ass and I am REALLY looking forward to him.

IRL Ninja's were interesting. they could do neat shit, but like so many Asian martial arts/fighting styles/warrior casts they were limited by odd self-imposed rules (even Ninjas) that hampered them significantly. I dont cheer for IRL ninjas, its interesting what they did and what they developed and such but what makes ninjas bad-ass isnt their real life version, but the fantasized and embellished version that has become the stand-in for what a ninja really was. Its an extremely cool power fantasy that's made somewhat more interesting because in real life, it just doesnt work that way. Im all for realism in all forms of media but its also nice to forgo it and let a kind willful ignorance set in, letting me ride the fantasy to whatever its conclusion is. Im a big guy IRL, when in shape, akin to the Warlord in build, I dont always wanna be myself. give me small, fast asain people who throw eggs. Also, He better have eggs to throw or ima be mad.

EntropicByDesign

Tons isn't the word i'd use.

Maybe several dozen, over a few hundred years.

You want people who took out "tons" of Samurai, you want the portugese merchants who killed so many people in dumb honor disputes pushed on to them that trade with foreigners had to be banned til commodore Perry went and busted shit up forcing the backwards japanese to trade with the rest of the world again.
I have not heard of this and am now researching. Thank you for enlightening me and giving me knowledge.

(this is the internet and its hard to read context/meaning in to things so I want to clarify that I am not being sarcastic in any way, I love history and this is something I have never heard of)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well I guess the season pass is gonna be $40 and that gives you 6 characters and other stuff so it may end up not being as much as I expected overall to purchase a hero with steel which is good news for me.
The main benefit is getting the heros a week early. That's huge especially for a fighting game. I won't be getting the season pass because I'm not only playint For Honor, so I can wait a week. But it's definitely beneficial to the players who are taking For Honor seriously.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, Ninjas are awesome. The actual history behind them is largely irrelevant to how they've been portrayed in the past century. That's what people latch onto. Same with Vikings. They didn't wear helmets with horns on them, that's just how they've been portrayed.

Sure, realistically the knights would dominate the samurai and vikings because of their armor and technology, but that's why it's a video game and not some historical depiction of "what would have happen if these factions all existed at the same time and fought".

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What is the indicator 'glitch'? Is it something to do with breaking lock-ons or something?
It's when you basically can feint attack without feinting. Pretty sure it only works with zone attacks. You have your guard in a direction that the zone does NOT come out in. You simultaneously tap R1 then R2 and the zone attack comes out. When it does, initially the indicator will pop up wherever you started your guard from, but at the last second it will switch to where the zone attack usually lands. So it's impossible to react to. But if you know the matchup and where the zone comes out, you can just keep your guard on that side. It's still a very good mixup, especially with PK. If it weren't for PK I'd say it was fine and should stay in.

EntropicByDesign

Interesting.

I watched the vid @GAV posted, what are your-alls thoughts on the GB Cancel and Soft Feint? I'm obviously not high level enough that that stuff directly effects me yet, but in theory and based on what I have seen so far, I don't feel like they are OP or anything and feel like they should stay in.. The bitching is about the defensive meta and a lot of characters seem to be considered lower tier because they just cant crack people open, which this would allow them to do, while not adding too much ability to the top tier characters offense, except MAYBE PK..

As a Warden main, these are nice, but I feel like my built in tool kit is easier and will serve me just fine. I'll scream MISSSUUU and vortex dat ass, so these would be tertiary tools for me. Same goes for WL and Conq I would think. Valk too (just off the top of my head) but other characters who dont have the guarenteed openers could use these techniques in a similar way I would use MISSSSUUU (I refuse to call it anything else), to get my offense rolling.

I havent experienced them to know how fair they ACTUALY are to defend against though,.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Interesting.

I watched the vid @GAV posted, what are your-alls thoughts on the GB Cancel and Soft Feint? I'm obviously not high level enough that that stuff directly effects me yet, but in theory and based on what I have seen so far, I don't feel like they are OP or anything and feel like they should stay in.. The bitching is about the defensive meta and a lot of characters seem to be considered lower tier because they just cant crack people open, which this would allow them to do, while not adding too much ability to the top tier characters offense, except MAYBE PK..

As a Warden main, these are nice, but I feel like my built in tool kit is easier and will serve me just fine. I'll scream MISSSUUU and vortex dat ass, so these would be tertiary tools for me. Same goes for WL and Conq I would think. Valk too (just off the top of my head) but other characters who dont have the guarenteed openers could use these techniques in a similar way I would use MISSSSUUU (I refuse to call it anything else), to get my offense rolling.

I havent experienced them to know how fair they ACTUALY are to defend against though,.
@EntropicByDesign
I agree. I hope they don't start with the nerfs. Just buff the ones that are bad just slightly to make them viable and leave well enough alone - especially these "bug" fixes that don't break the game and add a little depth.

What I want is for them to focus on connectivity.

EntropicByDesign

Yeah, I hope they focus more on elevating the lower tiers rather than weakening the tops and they put energy into the connection stuff, because after just a week of messing around, I can tell this is a game breaking kind of thing.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
It's when you basically can feint attack without feinting. Pretty sure it only works with zone attacks. You have your guard in a direction that the zone does NOT come out in. You simultaneously tap R1 then R2 and the zone attack comes out. When it does, initially the indicator will pop up wherever you started your guard from, but at the last second it will switch to where the zone attack usually lands. So it's impossible to react to. But if you know the matchup and where the zone comes out, you can just keep your guard on that side. It's still a very good mixup, especially with PK. If it weren't for PK I'd say it was fine and should stay in.
Its not just with zone attacks though you can actually do it with normal attacks that thing needs to be out of the game it's super gimmicki and glitchy. The first 2 on the klyka video i think are fine but not the indicator glitch. Like you can do a indicator glitch and go straight into a guard break etc stuff that are basically impossible to react too