What's new

For Honor

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
10 games in a row ended before the conclusion. Just ... wow.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
What do you guys think of nobushi? She is my only character so I want input on her .

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
What do you guys think of nobushi? She is my only character so I want input on her .
Early on a lot of people hated her but she seems a bit...lack luster as of right now. She's got range which helps but a lot of her stuff comes from baiting with hidden stance which can only take you so far.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I want to main Nobu so badly, but the more I see, fiddle about and read, the more I think she's just not very good right now. At least not in duels, which are my focus. Its not so much that she's bad, its one of those situations where a character has cool shit and some nice tech, but other characters more or less do what she does but better.

I *guess* the idea behind her is a ranged harassment type character where you sit way back and poke them to death, but its pretty easy to close distance from what I can see, and she gets parried easily and her damage isnt strong. I know the idea is to stack those bleeds up and such, but I dunno. I love her premise, but I think she suffers from being a gimmicky/setup style character in a game built around strong fundamental play in to basic mixups.

I'll probably pocket her, but I'll likely concentrate on other characters for now.

GAV

Is maxed gear OP or was this from the regeneration feat? Maybe some of both...

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I got nerf ideas for warlord lets remove headbutt remove fulll guard remove his armor shit lets just take away his lights and heavies too while we're at it.

No one is complaining about wardens vortex and pk fastest move in the game that is plus on block its just headbutt headbutt headbutt jesus a defensive character cannot be good its forbidden its just mkx style brainded offense is all people want
That because Warden's vortex isn't really even a vortex. Don't get me wrong, it's really good and Warden is a solid character, but it's super easy to defend against.

Warden can start his offense in a couple of ways. One way is the running R2 mixups. This is where he can either free run into a running R2, free run into lock on into his zone attack, or free run into a guardbreak. The reason this is effective is because the running R2 is tied with the fastest attack in the game, and has pretty crazy range. But it also hits on the opponent right side, while the zone attack hits on the opponents left side. Then you can throw in a guardbreak against characters like Warlord that can avoid the mixups altogether.

The problem is this doesn't really get his offense going unless you get the guardbreak, it's more of a mixup than anything. And they generally are going to block on the right, considering if they block the zone it's a free GB punish.

Anyway, on to the neutral. In neutral he has 3 options, excluding a raw guardbreak. He can either do his top light which is quick, his zone attack which is quick, or his shoulder charge. Now, the zone attack isn't really worth it unless you know it will land. So a good warden will hardly throw it out against a good player, because a good player will punish his zone hard. But even if the zone lands, it doesn't really get any offense going; just a small portion of damage. The risk far outweighs the reward.

So now he's down to his top light and shoulder charge. So the opponent rests his guard on top, and then really just predicts if the zone is coming. Now you're down to shoulder charge.

Shoulder charge is great, but it's easy to dodge. But the shoulder charge can be raw canceled, and it also can be canceled into guardbreak. But it gets shutdown if they simply just start poking you. The full charge I believe has one hit of armor, but you can clearly see when it's a full charge, ao just dodge it and id done quick enough you can punish it.

If Warden FINALLY opens you up and gets the pseudo vortex started, it's very easy to defend. You can light attack the shoulder charge, or you can side step it. Side stepping is risky because they can cancel into guardbreak. So the best option is the backroll... which COMPLETELY gets you out of the "vortex" and now you're back at neutral. So now Warden has to start all over.

Warden is a great character, but in no universe should he be nerfed.

GAV

@EntropicByDesign
I wonder what the thought process is behind guys wanting to main female characters before they ever even play them. Do you relate to Girl Power? Are you feminists? Is it something more basic?

If you play a female character and she just fits your skillset best, then I think that's completely normal - but there is something odd (and everyone is a little odd, including me, so no offense meant) about men picking female mains before even making a button press. Maybe you're just more enlightened than myself if you do.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Does anyone want to duel or do 2v2 matchmaking on PSN? My PSN is Juggleypuff, let me know ASAP please

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I was hoping the patch would address environmental kills at least somewhat. Characters that base their whole gameplan around getting you close to a bridge or ledge just to push you off when you inevitably miss a guard break counter are just kinda dumb and I don't think any character should have to be relying on environmentals to get an easy win. I was hoping to see an option to turn it off or at least a way to stop your character from falling off the edge by timing a roll correctly after a throw or something.

GAV

I was hoping the patch would address environmental kills at least somewhat. Characters that base their whole gameplan around getting you close to a bridge or ledge just to push you off when you inevitably miss a guard break counter are just kinda dumb and I don't think any character should have to be relying on environmentals to get an easy win. I was hoping to see an option to turn it off or at least a way to stop your character from falling off the edge by timing a roll correctly after a throw or something.
I hate getting killed by falls as much as anyone, but it happens way less since I have shifted from trying to block everything all the time to sitting on the guard break counter around hazards and sidestepping away from prone positions.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
That because Warden's vortex isn't really even a vortex. Don't get me wrong, it's really good and Warden is a solid character, but it's super easy to defend against.

Warden can start his offense in a couple of ways. One way is the running R2 mixups. This is where he can either free run into a running R2, free run into lock on into his zone attack, or free run into a guardbreak. The reason this is effective is because the running R2 is tied with the fastest attack in the game, and has pretty crazy range. But it also hits on the opponent right side, while the zone attack hits on the opponents left side. Then you can throw in a guardbreak against characters like Warlord that can avoid the mixups altogether.

The problem is this doesn't really get his offense going unless you get the guardbreak, it's more of a mixup than anything. And they generally are going to block on the right, considering if they block the zone it's a free GB punish.

Anyway, on to the neutral. In neutral he has 3 options, excluding a raw guardbreak. He can either do his top light which is quick, his zone attack which is quick, or his shoulder charge. Now, the zone attack isn't really worth it unless you know it will land. So a good warden will hardly throw it out against a good player, because a good player will punish his zone hard. But even if the zone lands, it doesn't really get any offense going; just a small portion of damage. The risk far outweighs the reward.

So now he's down to his top light and shoulder charge. So the opponent rests his guard on top, and then really just predicts if the zone is coming. Now you're down to shoulder charge.

Shoulder charge is great, but it's easy to dodge. But the shoulder charge can be raw canceled, and it also can be canceled into guardbreak. But it gets shutdown if they simply just start poking you. The full charge I believe has one hit of armor, but you can clearly see when it's a full charge, ao just dodge it and id done quick enough you can punish it.

If Warden FINALLY opens you up and gets the pseudo vortex started, it's very easy to defend. You can light attack the shoulder charge, or you can side step it. Side stepping is risky because they can cancel into guardbreak. So the best option is the backroll... which COMPLETELY gets you out of the "vortex" and now you're back at neutral. So now Warden has to start all over.

Warden is a great character, but in no universe should he be nerfed.

I hear you bro im just saying there is other things in the game that is just as annoying as headbutt ok you defended warden pretty good but warden has alot of options when i comes to opening people up. Warlord literally has one option that makes his whole offence work and that one option is totally unsafe if you dodge it how else would warlord open people up in this game his lights are slow his heavies are slow.

But His defense should take a hit i agree not being able to guard break after full guard is a good start for him and conq, and maybe headbutt should cost more stamina i think, thats it. But my point was everyone is complaining about warlord but you hear nothing about pk's fastest move in the game thats plus on block with her other offensive tools and the best mobility in the game just running away all day thats not broken????

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
@EntropicByDesign
I wonder what the thought process is behind guys wanting to main female characters before they ever even play them. Do you relate to Girl Power? Are you feminists? Is it something more basic?

If you play a female character and she just fits your skillset best, then I think that's completely normal - but there is something odd (and everyone is a little odd, including me, so no offense meant) about men picking female mains before even making a button press. Maybe you're just more enlightened than myself if you do.

It has nothing to do with them being female and is purely based on how I THINK they will play. I typically prefer fast, mobile characters with numerous options.. This is an archetype that is usually represented by female characters in games, we can get in to the reasons why, but that's a losing battle for everyone, lol. But, suffice to say, typically when a female character is in a game, she *usually* isnt a big strong slow character, she's fast and mobile and her offense isnt based around strength, but rather trickery and speed. Again, not always, but usually, these kinds of characters have a higher skill ceilings than other characters but can do a lot of really cool shit and tend towards having more tech and such.

So when I play a new game and I look at the characters, Im not looking at male or female at all, Im looking at archetypes AS I UNDERSTAND THEM, until I have more practical, hands-on experience. I will almost always make a long list and a short list of characters that look to me to be fun or interesting in some way. My criteria is loosely based on:

Known tier lists - I dont zero in on broken characters or anything, but when Im new to a game I will usually avoid characters believed to be bottom tier and broken tier. I do this because a) If Im on a character that's just plain GOOD, I have no excuses. I dont have a mental option select because Im on a low tier character.. when I get bopped I have no shadows to hide in and have to face the plain and simple fact that I lost because Im bad. and b) because its just easier to learn a new game when I can focus on the game and not learning to cope with a shitty character. Also, I avoid broken-tier characters because in many cases you arent really learning the game if your character is legit broken. You're learning to lean on a broken character. And additionally, broken tier characters are almost always nerfed, so I dont want to invest time in a character I know is going to get shit on before long.

Archetypes I enjoy - Explained this already. Usually look for 'rogue' type characters.

VERY slightly factor in appearance. - I do want to play a character I find aesthetically pleasing. In this regard I would rather play a male than a female character because I can lose myself in whats happening more easily on a male character. If I could make Nobu, PK and Valk males, I absolutely would do so.

So thats basically why I tend to end up on female characters.. They just tend to fit the archetypes I like to play. Specifically, Nobu interests me because I like the idea of a bleed inducing, spear wielding, rogue-esque character with and interesting mechanic like Hidden Stance and a decent arsenal of moves for many different situations. I think her mask looks cool as shit too. PK interests me because she's a fast and mobile with good damage, some interesting combos, seems to have a high skill ceiling (to play her well) with fun feint options and a deflect dodge. She's like a sport car. She looks bad-ass as well. Valk interests me because I like her mixups and ability to bully an opponent, coupled with decent range and defensive ability. I DO NOT like how she looks though. I think her helmet looks weird somehow.

A lot of the male characters just dont grab me in FH right now.. Exception being Zerker and Warden and Orochi. However a buddy is planning to main Zerker and we dont want to overlap, and he will be my 2v2 partner, so Zerker isnt an option right now. Warden I fully plan to play and explore as a possible main. Oro I am very undecided on. I like a LOT about him, but I.. I dunno. I need to get real matches in with him and see. It's currently likely though that he will replace Nobu, since shes considered fairly weak right now, and as I said before, I dont want to learn a game on a weak character.

yes this has been a book. i have to leave for work in a few minutes and didnt have anything better to do, so I wrote an indepth explanation.

Additionally, I think some guys do it because they literally find the character sexy and want to look at something they find pleasing. Somewhat similarly, I think some people just dislike looking at a big man lumbering around and have insecurity issues to make them feel uncomfortable staring at a man.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I hate getting killed by falls as much as anyone, but it happens way less since I have shifted from trying to block everything all the time to sitting on the guard break counter around hazards and sidestepping away from prone positions.
Yeah just sucks how easy it is for some characters to one hit KO you after you put in all the work to get them down to the red and wham . Haven't got to play much with the new patch though so I'm hoping that atleast the change to counter break will make it more manageable

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
@EntropicByDesign

I hear you i cant understand why dudes play as female characters too its kinda odd to me. Nothing against females i have a girlfriend. Its just i personally dont like to play as one i guess im just too much of a caveman, which kinda sucks because alot of female characters in fighting games are super good

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Woooow those mother fuckers nerfed kensei's top heavy after his swift strike, he doesn't do the fast flip attack anymore. Ffs.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I hear you bro im just saying there is other things in the game that is just as annoying as headbutt ok you defended warden pretty good but warden has alot of options when i comes to opening people up. Warlord literally has one option that makes his whole offence work and that one option is totally unsafe if you dodge it how else would warlord open people up in this game his lights are slow his heavies are slow.

But His defense should take a hit i agree not being able to guard break after full guard is a good start for him and conq, and maybe headbutt should cost more stamina i think, thats it. But my point was everyone is complaining about warlord but you hear nothing about pk's fastest move in the game thats plus on block with her other offensive tools and the best mobility in the game just running away all day thats not broken????
I don't use Warlord, I just defending Warden.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Fought this OP Kensei in Elimination. He he 108 gear stats. It was 1v1. After every hit, he healed. And after every like 3 hits he got revenge. I legit parried him probably 20 times. I basically killed him 10 times but he kept self healing and gettinf revenge. I finally killed him, damn that was satisfying. Too bad I wasn't recording, it was epic.

Gear stats OP!!

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Fought this OP Kensei in Elimination. He he 108 gear stats. It was 1v1. After every hit, he healed. And after every like 3 hits he got revenge. I legit parried him probably 20 times. I basically killed him 10 times but he kept self healing and gettinf revenge. I finally killed him, damn that was satisfying. Too bad I wasn't recording, it was epic.

Gear stats OP!!
Yea I'm kinda boycotting those gamemodes

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Gear stats OP!!
Even with OP Gear stats, Kensei is still bad. Feelsbadman

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
When did he do that? He only does the Unblockable as the last(3rd) part of the chain and Swift Strike is only 1 attack.
If you done swift strike and the second it landed done top heavy he done a flip like the unblockable but faster and it was blockable. Now it's gone.