What's new

For Honor

Yoaks

A spaceman
So I ran into this video and @5:40 this guy gets the guardbreak after parrying the opposing players attack. He then gets (what seems to be) a guaranteed side heavy into top heavy after his opponent falls down. I haven't seen any "tech" video about this but I do remember watching a video I believe from you @Evil Canadian about the Berserker getting a guaranteed whiffed top light into top heavy after your opponent falls down.

I'm assuming this is guaranteed because of what the uploader says afterwards, but it might be distance or character dependent? Not sure but I'll lab it to see if its an actual thing.

If it is known; please someone let me know cause... ugh that damage lol.

Reactions: GAV

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Don't know if this is known but Berserker gets the highest punish in the game off of an exhaustion throw. He gets side heavy into top heavy if you time it right and it takes away about 80% of your health. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
lol I shot myself in the foot. I hosted my 1st round and forgot to take off Gear stats and lost the first set.

Won set 2 then opponent switches to Valk whom I have 0 mu exp on and lost. Kept falling for the unblockable I think you're supposed to dodge roll it or backdash?

Day 1 Warlord still needs work

Yoaks

A spaceman
Don't know if this is known but Berserker gets the highest punish in the game off of an exhaustion throw. He gets side heavy into top heavy if you time it right and it takes away about 80% of your health. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.
Well whatta know?
So I ran into this video and @5:40 this guy gets the guardbreak after parrying the opposing players attack. He then gets (what seems to be) a guaranteed side heavy into top heavy after his opponent falls down. I haven't seen any "tech" video about this but I do remember watching a video I believe from you @Evil Canadian about the Berserker getting a guaranteed whiffed top light into top heavy after your opponent falls down.

I'm assuming this is guaranteed because of what the uploader says afterwards, but it might be distance or character dependent? Not sure but I'll lab it to see if its an actual thing.

If it is known; please someone let me know cause... ugh that damage lol.

Yoaks

A spaceman
What would guys think about giving more stamina to the lower health characters? Or they lose less stamina after feinting? Maybe not for getting parried tho.

Lower the health a character has, the less stamina they use for feinting and some other things.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Btw I found out that Valkyrie, a matchup that Shugoki just utterly destroyed in, is now actually completely in reverse. Matchup feels bad as Shugoki now, I wanna get in practice with her cuz another shield bro.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
SO! Watching the tourney and a great suggestion for a nerf to Warlord came up and that is "Cannot tech GB's while in Full Block"

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@freerf245
We all know you're a great player with tremendous insight, but you're letting salt cloud your vision.

Warlord will be perfectly fine with the right minor tweak. They simply need to up the recovery on something key, like the headbutt and running overhead, or just need to add a few frames to the startup. The game's meta is really tight right now. Ruining a character would hurt the game at this point by disenfranchising an entire group and making everyone else nervous - which will keep anyone and everyone from those spur of the moment steel purchases - like the one I just made. :p