What's new

For Honor

Yoaks

A spaceman
So, I ended up just co-oping story mode for no reason.

What's the consensus on these scavenge boxes I'm occasionally getting? It says they give you loot appropriate for your level, so it would seem like you'd want to save them until you're higher level.. just how high before I should be using them?

To be honest, I'm more concerned with looks than I am actual stats because I'll be dueling and 2v2ing primarily, BUT I'm sure I'll play Dominion and such as well so stats are still nice.

Just curious if there is a 'right' way to handle the boxes and if I open them now if I'm horribly gimping myself later or something.
Just save them for once you've gained Reputation (basically Prestige in CoD).

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Its a decent idea but it would never happen atleast in the meta as a whole.
Removing indicators would kill the casual audience. And sure it could be for just the tourneys and competitive but it wouldnt change the actual games meta.

i think what really needs to be done is just nerf shielders, fix being able to feint parry (they said it was a 'bug') and buff the weaker players. I dont agree with making moves so fast they are unreactable. I think the best way to improve offense is make it so heros get mixups after they get their heavy to hit or blocked. That would mean that defense can parry the heavy but if the heavy user feints it they get to punish the defender. if the opponent guesses wrong and they just block the heavy then they will have to deal with some sort of mixup

The devs specifically said that their aim was to be a defensive game, like real life martial arts style. They want defense and patient play to be the standard. There's a Q&A article somewhere that goes into detail about the current state of the game, if someone could find it and post it.
yea but they also said that defense was too strong right now. they also said that they are fixing being able to have safe parrys

Reactions: GAV

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
yea but they also said that defense was too strong right now. they also said that they are fixing being able to have safe parrys
Yes they did say that. My point is the game was designed from ground up to be a more defensive game. There's no way they would revamp the indicator system with that in mind. They are gonna buff offense or nerf defense, but the game will be more defensive oriented no matter what, based on what the devs have said at least.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
It took me quite a while, but lately Nobushi has started to work for me even against better opponents. I totally rely on her dash cancels right now. Besides punishing parried moves with light, heavy / light, kick / light, heavy (cancel), gb is a pretty reliable way to do damage.

Generally I think that running away would become a severe problem if a ranked mode was added. The game doesn't prevent you from running around the map all day. There should be something like "predator mode" that increases your speed by 20%, if you are following a 'targetable' enemy. Else a ranked mode would be kinda pointless.

Right now it is way too easy to wait for the last health bar to fill. Chars like the conqueror or the LB have a hard time finishing opponents off because of this.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I don't know why, but I feel like a Ninja with Kamas is gonna trigger the fuck out of me. Hope Centurion has a shield, cuz if he doesn't that'd be weird and also shield bros.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its a decent idea but it would never happen atleast in the meta as a whole.
Removing indicators would kill the casual audience. And sure it could be for just the tourneys and competitive but it wouldnt change the actual games meta.

i think what really needs to be done is just nerf shielders, fix being able to feint parry (they said it was a 'bug') and buff the weaker players. I dont agree with making moves so fast they are unreactable. I think the best way to improve offense is make it so heros get mixups after they get their heavy to hit or blocked. That would mean that defense can parry the heavy but if the heavy user feints it they get to punish the defender. if the opponent guesses wrong and they just block the heavy then they will have to deal with some sort of mixup
It would totally change the meta, because you can feint and change directions after the feint, there's so much more potential to open up someones sloppy defense, a warlord player doesnt have to do anything at the minute but block the right direction and reversal headbutt you to death. Cant do that with no indicators. Theres only a couple of unreactable things in this game as it is, so why do you need a big ass red indicator to tell you to defend, when really its alot more obvious?

The thing is, it wouldnt take anything away from the defensive meta, it just means you cant sit there and do nothing all match and win. All the advantages of defense dont even change, it just adds more player skill and less reliance on system mechanics.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If you're good enough that won't matter earlier in the tourney, last week there was two Raider players in Top 16 lol.
I'm 2 weeks behind in this game. My beta/day2 Kensei is not gonna last 3 opponents lol. I have much better chances if I pick up Warlord now or keep practicing my trash Warden that can't seem to get the guaranteed double side lights after shoulder bash nor a guaranteed Top Heavy after a gb.

CrazyFingers

I'm 2 weeks behind in this game. My beta/day2 Kensei is not gonna last 3 opponents lol. I have much better chances if I pick up Warlord now or keep practicing my trash Warden that can't seem to get the guaranteed double side lights after shoulder bash nor a guaranteed Top Heavy after a gb.
The top heavy isn't guaranteed, it's the side heavies that are guaranteed after GB.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Holy cow

I learned how to parry and now I'm a god of defense.
However, I'm also unsure on what to do after getting revenge mode and am unsure of what to do post-parry as Shoe-goku

CrazyFingers

Holy cow

I learned how to parry and now I'm a god of defense.
However, I'm also unsure on what to do after getting revenge mode and am unsure of what to do post-parry as Shoe-goku
After you parry someone as Shugoki you're gonna go for a Guardbreak. If you wanna keep the opponent close but drain some stamina, go for Light into Headbutt. Max damage is just a heavy after guardbreak which launches them super far away and can even throw people off cliffs/into hazards. It's great.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
After you parry someone as Shugoki you're gonna go for a Guardbreak. If you wanna keep the opponent close but drain some stamina, go for Light into Headbutt. Max damage is just a heavy after guardbreak which launches them super far away and can even throw people off cliffs/into hazards. It's great.
They seem like they go to far away. I'll sometimes do his command grab afterwards because it just reaches them and some characters stagger super hard, but it doesn't work on everyone.

This is so much easier on warlord where I can just troll people with back to back headbutts :(

CrazyFingers

They seem like they go to far away. I'll sometimes do his command grab afterwards because it just reaches them and some characters stagger super hard, but it doesn't work on everyone.

This is so much easier on warlord where I can just troll people with back to back headbutts :(
They shouldn't be too far away except for like one or two characters.