What's new

For Honor

The Death

Sleeping Dragon
Here's the sequel to my first video. The salt is real on this game. There will be more of these in the near future.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So, from the patch notes that @GAV posted.. PK got buffed? I'm new, but weren't people complaining it was OP already or something?
Its not really a buff. Its a fix of a bug.

PK is fine. Their runaway is annoying, but I don't think they're OP.

I don't think Warden or Warlord are OP either.

Conq is good, but definitely not OP.

Valk and Lawbringer could both use some help. If Raider's zone attack used just a little less stamina, he would be perfect.

The other classes are perfectly fine, IMO.

Aramonde

Noob
If Nobushi is your top complaint, you're gonna have a bad time. Wait until you go up against a good Shugoki or Warlord, then come back and apologize and ask for Nobushi buffs, lolz
Lol i'll take Goki over Bushi anyday.

This is what I say to myself whenever I feel bad about peacekeeper. I say if a character like warlord can exist peacekeeper is fine. Warlord is by far, the most overpowered character, he himself changes the entire meta of this game and it really is quiet ridiculous. He has literally either the best or second best of everything and theres only a small amount of options you can really do to stop him.
I'm surprised i dont run into more Warlords if hes # 1 in the game. I've come across maybe three in duels and they weren't that good.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Took an hour to run through the classes vs a lv0 bot, just to see moves and understand how everyone qworks on a basic level..

Knights - PK only class I like
Vikings - Raider and Valk I both enjoy.
Samurai - Oro and Nobu

Nobu looks extremely interesting to me and is kinda standing out some, though Im betting she is one of the harder classes to really utilize correctly. Oro is another standout that I like, he seems relatively straight forward. Going to jump in and PvP tomorrow.. Going to try to do 8-10 duels on each to see how they feel in motion.

Lol i'll take Goki over Bushi anyday.

I'm surprised i dont run into more Warlords if hes # 1 in the game. I've come across maybe three in duels and they weren't that good.
hes number one even the devs say so. He has always won the tourneys and he has the best defense, the second best offense and one of the best neutrals as well.
Once you start playing more high level youll notice that they are almost unbeatable unless you use certain characters.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
My consistency in this game needs to improve.

Regardless of skill level of my opponents, when I'm on - I roll - and when I'm off, I get my head kicked in.

Keep in mind that the best players are Duelists and I'm playing Dominion so my opponents range from bad to average.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
S+: Warlord
S: Shugoki, Peacekeeper
A+: Warden, Conquerer
A: Nobushi, Orochi, Kensei
B+: Valkyrie, Berserker
B: Raider, Lawbringer

Does this look accurate to y'all? Valk is probably higher now but too early to really tell.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Lol i'll take Goki over Bushi any day
I would have said the same back before I knew how good Goki was. There's not as many good Goki's as there are Bushi's. But Goki is by far a much better character, no question.

A character being the best or OP doesn't mean everyone will use that character. I don't fight many Warlords either and have only fought two good ones.

I guarantee you once you fight a high level Walord and Goki, you will instantly change your opinion on them. They are just harder to use, which is why you don't see many and when you do, they're not very good.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I havent lost a duel in about a week.

The Warlord is the only character you should be using. He has all the tools to beat everyone if you have decent reflexes and a decent fighting brain. Everyone else relies on gimmicks that are easily overcome-able if you know their movesets, but Warlord just straight up will beat you if you are good at fighting games.

This is a great 1v1 game.

S+: Warlord
S: Shugoki, Peacekeeper
A+: Warden, Conquerer
A: Nobushi, Orochi, Kensei
B+: Valkyrie, Berserker
B: Raider, Lawbringer

Does this look accurate to y'all? Valk is probably higher now but too early to really tell.
This seems about right. I don't have updated valk tho.
I think nobushi could be with warden and conq while Kensei could be with valk and berserker. Raider seems too low but sometimes he feels low. Overall good list

EntropicByDesign

Anyone wanna catch these spears, daggers, swords, headbutts, axes and maybe big hairy man hands, in about 20m? I'd like to take several classes for a test run, 5-6 duels each just to get some hands-on with them.. if not I'll do some bot fights but people are obviously preferred.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This seems about right. I don't have updated valk tho.
I think nobushi could be with warden and conq while Kensei could be with valk and berserker. Raider seems too low but sometimes he feels low. Overall good list
Thanks. Yeah Bushi is probably more on the same tier of Conq and Warden. The reason Kensei is a tier higher than Valk and Beserk is because you can't GB after you parry him. A lot of characters can't really get a good punish on him after a parry. He's pretty easy to parry too, even with all his feint mixups.

Raider might be higher, but as of right now he's low tier imo. He can definitely still win, every character can win. He just has to work harder than the others.

I haven't been playing nearly as much lately since Horizon came out. But if anyone on Ps4 wants to duel let me know please! @EntropicByDesign @CrazyFingers @SHAOLIN etc

EntropicByDesign

@Juggs I'm on PC =[

What is this Superior Block stuff I see? Take Warden's top light attack for instance.. I see a flash on his weapon and such when he does it, but I dont understand what its supposed to do? I tried for a while and couldnt figure out the effect.

Also, Deflect is weird to time. I can get the parry timing really consistently, but deflect gives me hell.

Soo I had intended to play some actual games today but ended up getting wrapped up in just fiddling against bots and testing various mechanics and testing how some things actually worked and then playing around with timing and blah blah. So, real games tomorrow (I work in an hour). Here is how it shakes down:

Nobu. Nobu is gangster. Nobu looks painfully difficult to play, but I like her *alot*. PROBABLY my main.

Oro. He just looks bad-ass and I wanna like him more than I actually do. I dunno what it is.. He seems Warden-ey to me, in that he's a little more about solid play and neutral than a lot of flash and silliness, though he has some. So.. he's like.. the SFIV Ken of For Honor?

Warden. Simple and straightforward. Sometimes characters like this bore me, but I think hes kinda like the Ryu of this game. Concentrate on the basics and neutral and he will teach you. Probably my secondary main.

Peacekeeper. I mean, stabby stabby. Awesome character but Nobu edges her out for right now. once I get actual game time we'll see if I prefer her over Nobu in practice. I dont see a reason to play them both though, so for now, shes an honorable mention.

Valk. She is bad-ass. Im playing with a buddy, or will be once we both get our feet under us and he doesnt want me playing an all-woman team (shrug) and especially doesnt want me on Valk, but she is too awesome to ignore IMO. Probably my tertiary main. (I kinda want one from each faction)

Warlord. Kind of an honorable mention character. I know how brutally strong he is, and in actual play I may like him more, but for now, he's cool and has limitless potential, but I dont find him as fun or engaging as Valk.

So, all said and done, as of right now I will be concentrating on Nobu (Main) and Valk/Warden (Pockets). Again though, this is all based on theory crafting based on trying out various crap against bots and analyzing the tools available to the classes.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
@Juggs I'm on PC =[

What is this Superior Block stuff I see? Take Warden's top light attack for instance.. I see a flash on his weapon and such when he does it, but I dont understand what its supposed to do? I tried for a while and couldnt figure out the effect.
Gonna just skim over the rest there, let someone else discuss that. Superior block basically gives you the frame advantage of a parry, in Warden's case it's used as a counter to block and hit HARD.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Just fought an Orochi with Berseker. This guy would just dodge my heavy everytime after getting hit by my light attack.

Is this suppose to be a thing?

Last edited: