What's new

For Honor

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So something being easy to use and good... makes it dumb ? That is the worst logic I've ever heard anyone go by. For one it isn't hard to defend against lol , What are his options if you roll when he does his shoulder bash? None. There is literally nothing he can do. It's not a vortex if there's a guaranteed method to avoid it every single time. The only times where you do have to guess is if you're low on stamina , you're in a corner somehow , and if you're just too dumb to not roll away. You seem to be ignoring me telling you that you could just roll against it... I guess you just want him nerfed even after he was nerfed lol.... you're being ignorant at this point. I promise if you actually try and manage your stamina ( i know this is very difficult so stay with me) you'll have much less problems against him.
What are your opponents options for punishing it? The Warden can play that game indefinitely and he's no worse for wear - like the 1st move in tac-tac-toe.

You're only seeing it from one side.

Play Kensei or Berzerker for a while.

Stamina management is a big part of this game. If you're not drawing at straws then what is your thought process from the other side - the one that is going against the Warden as the other classes?

What are your opponents options for punishing it? The Warden can play that game indefinitely and he's no worse for wear - like the 1st move in tac-tac-toe.

Stamina management is a big part of this game. If you're not drawing at straws then what is your thought process from the other side - the one that is going against the Warden as the other classes?
If you want to punish it then you don't roll. But you're also taking a risk for doing so. Instead you could choose to roll away and be safe . You'd lose some stamina and you'll be out of his supposed "loop" he can't spam bash now because it has more Whiff recovery + he can't cancel it when he starts moving forward. Hell you could train yourself to react to it even. It's easier said than done though .

Reactions: GAV

Ofc a terrible character would have issues against a decent character. But you fix that by making them better not nerfing the character.

GAV

If you want to punish it then you don't roll. But you're also taking a risk for doing so. Instead you could choose to roll away and be safe . You'd lose some stamina and you'll be out of his supposed "loop" he can't spam bash now because it has more Whiff recovery + he can't cancel it when he starts moving forward. Hell you could train yourself to react to it even. It's easier said than done though .
If you dodge the roll, the Warden can cancel and guard break. If they counter guard break, there is no punish. Its just a reset. The non-Warden can swing to punish the break, but its after a dodge making it easily parried. The Bash gives the Warden an advantage on every exchange. In a hame where almost everything is reactable, a mostly safe 50-50 with good damage is very, very strong.

Balance everyone like Conq. Then, fair exchanges will ensue.

I will agree that most players don't want real balance.

GAV

Ofc a terrible character would have issues against a decent character. But you fix that by making them better not nerfing the character.
By what they have done so far, it looks like that isn't the direction they are going.

I don't want a tactical guessing game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you dodge the roll, the Warden can cancel and guard break. If they counter guard break, there is no punish. Its just a reset. The non-Warden can swing to punish the break, but its after a dodge making it easily parried. The Bash gives the Warden an advantage on every exchange. In a hame where almost everything is reactable, a mostly safe 50-50 with good damage is very, very strong.

If you dodge the roll? Did you mean "if you roll dodge the shoulder bash"? If so, you can't guard break someone who's in the active frames of a roll, and the gb doesn't reach a back roll anyway.

If you don't want to roll away and avoid literally all of Warden's mixups, you can just light attack him to death when he's initiating the shoulder charge. Yea he can cancel it and block, but you're now controlling the pace and not allowing him to raw shoulder for free.

GAV

If you dodge the roll? Did you if you roll dodge the shoulder bash? If so, you can't guard break someone who's in the active frames of a roll, and the gb doesn't reach a back roll anyway.

If you don't want to roll away and avoid literally all of Warden's mixups, you can just light attack him to death when he's initiating the shoulder charge. Yea he can cancel it and block, but you're now controlling the pace and not allowing him to raw shoulder for free.
Thats easy to parry. The Bash initiation starts Warden with the advantage ALL THE TIME.

No. They are only easy if you predict then react, same with zone attacks. Otherwise every single attack would be parried all the time.
No because there are feints that's why attacks aren't always parried. It's only hard to parry a light if you have to switch your stance and/or your opponent is laggy

What do you mean "dodge the roll" ? If you roll he can't gb you. It'll bounce off , he can't do anything if you roll. Warden can't react to your dodge and punish it because the window to cancel it now is incredibly small and you have to do it instantly. Warden is beyond fine. I can't believe you still want him nerfed ......

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No because there are feints that's why attacks aren't always parried. It's only hard to parry a light if you have to switch your stance and/or your opponent is laggy
Yeah, feints for heavies, that's why heavies aren't always parried. Feint into light is the same thing as a raw light, if you don't fall for the feint. Lights and zone attacks are definitely parryable, but claiming they're all universally easy, especially when Warden has to cancel bash then parry is fake news.

Yeah, feints for heavies, that's why heavies aren't always parried. Feint into light is the same thing as a raw light, if you don't fall for the feint. Lights and zone attacks are definitely parryable, but claiming they're all universally easy, especially when Warden has to cancel bash then parry is fake news.
It's hard to distinguish a feint or a light so no they work for lights too or atleast most feints. Easy is subjective but I'm sure there are plenty of wardens that are capable of parrying after canceld bash. Don't get me wrong here, I haven't played for honor since I said I would stop, so I have no idea how bad warden is but I know he was perfectly fair before they nerfed him, I'm definitely not arguing that he is op I'm just saying that lights aren't good

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's hard to distinguish a feint or a light so no they work for lights too or atleast most feints. Easy is subjective but I'm sure there are plenty of wardens that are capable of parrying after canceld bash. Don't get me wrong here, I haven't played for honor since I said I would stop, so I have no idea how bad warden is but I know he was perfectly fair before they nerfed him, I'm definitely not arguing that he is op I'm just saying that lights aren't good
I'm not saying lights are great, just that they aren't easy to parry as Warden while canceling out of bash. Raw lights in neutral are definitely not challenging to parry, but that's not what I was talking about really.

I'm not saying lights are great, just that they aren't easy to parry as Warden while canceling out of bash. Raw lights in neutral are definitely not challenging to parry, but that's not what I was talking about really.
I see. when warden is canceling his bash atleast when i played the game he was able to be punished if you timed it right so it's not that big of a deal.

GAV

Lights are easy to parry?
They are when the options for them are limited. They are if you are Warden and you just canceled out of the Bash. They are because you know what is coming.

GAV

Not a guessing game if you literally can avoid it every single time but whatever makes you feel better mate
Where is our divide? If the Warden initiates with the Bash then he has the advantage unless the other player backs off.

GAV

What do you mean "dodge the roll" ? If you roll he can't gb you. It'll bounce off , he can't do anything if you roll. Warden can't react to your dodge and punish it because the window to cancel it now is incredibly small and you have to do it instantly. Warden is beyond fine. I can't believe you still want him nerfed ......
What I want is all the dumb aspects out of the game. Right now, Bash is still a little dumb.

Where is our divide? If the Warden initiates with the Bash then he has the advantage unless the other player backs off.
That's wrong, the warden has several opportunities of being wrong and being punished while the opponent only has 1 way of being wrong and being punished.

What I want is all the dumb aspects out of the game. Right now, Bash is still a little dumb.
You don't want the dumb aspects out of the game. You want a character you have issues with deleted from the game. But I won't even Argue with you at this point. Just out of curiosity are you against stuff like gb faints , soft faints and unlock stuff? because I woudlnt be surprised in the slightest if you are.