What's new

For Honor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Can't grab Warben out of Bash
It's an active attack. Same way you can't grab someone who is in the active frames of an attack. However, in the startup, you can grab him. Once he lets go of shoulder you can't grab him.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It's an active attack. Same way you can't grab someone who is in the active frames of an attack. However, in the startup, you can grab him. Once he lets go of shoulder you can't grab him.
Allowing Warden to be Guard Broken while it is charging would normalize the move completely, IMO.

GAV

How dumb exactly?
He gets a free heavy after Long Arm. He has a pseudo 50-50 mixup off his shove and he gets the shove for free after any block.

Once you get used to fighting him, its not that bad. I put him right there with Valkyrie now where he's good, but not OP. It just seems that way at first.

Haven't played the game since law was buffed but I can't imagine him not being the one of the best characters in the game. There is no counter to blocking and law now is one of the only character with a guaranteed mix up that is really easy to enforce as long as you're good

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Haven't played the game since law was buffed but I can't imagine him not being the one of the best characters in the game. There is no counter to blocking and law now is one of the only character with a guaranteed mix up that is really easy to enforce as long as you're good
Its a nice mixup, but everything he has is still reactable. Effectively engaging him does push your reflexes though.

You actually said this early on and I didn't agree at the time, but I do now that I have more matchup experience.

Its a nice mixup, but everything he has is still reactable. Effectively engaging him does push your reflexes though.

You actually said this early on and I didn't agree at the time, but I do now that I have more matchup experience.
No if he blocks your attack I'm pretty sure you can't dodge the push after. Now I don't know if the mixup is reactable after the push but if it is then yea it's completely useless but if it's not then he's definitely a top character

GAV

No if he blocks your attack I'm pretty sure you can't dodge the push after. Now I don't know if the mixup is reactable after the push but if it is then yea it's completely useless but if it's not then he's definitely a top character
The push isn't avoidable, but you can dodge and GB counter either follow-up on reaction. Its fast, but still reactable.

The push isn't avoidable, but you can dodge and GB counter either follow-up on reaction. Its fast, but still reactable.
So you can dodge the light on reaction?
If so I have zero faith in these devs, can't even add 1 legitimate mixup. I don't know who killed this game first the devs or the community.

Last edited:

GAV

So you can dodge the light on reaction?
If so I have zero faith in these devs, can't even add 1 legitimate mixup. I don't know who killed this game first the devs or the community.
I like the way they tweaked LB. I don't want unreactable offense. It feels fast enough to keep players on edge and good LB's punish mistakes. Unreactable doesn't feel real. This does.

Last edited:
I like the way they tweaked LB. I don't want unreactable offense. It feels fast enough to keep players on edge and good LB's punish mistakes. Unreactable doesn't feel real. This does.
Reactable offense is not offense at all it's pressure but when you get literally nothing for pressure in this game it's literally useless and you can't do anything so no you can't have reactable offense in this game

GAV

Reactable offense is not offense at all it's pressure but when you get literally nothing for pressure in this game it's literally useless and you can't do anything so no you can't have reactable offense in this game
I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

GAV

Care to explain why?
I think we have already been here before.

In other fighters, there aren't that many variables to defense. There's attack, move, block high, block low, or tech. In 4H, there is an extra element to defense that makes a game revolving around defense more give and take - a more engaging experience.

Unreactable offense creates a game of tactics, not reactions. If you can react to everything, but its fast enough to allow room for mistakes - when you win it feels visceral. It feels more real. Feeling is what hooks people on games. Its not winning or losing that matters as much as that feeling.

I think we have already been here before.

In other fighters, there aren't that many variables to defense. There's attack, move, block high, block low, or tech. In 4H, there is an extra element to defense that makes a game revolving around defense more give and take - a more engaging experience.

Unreactable offense creates a game of tactics, not reactions. If you can react to everything, but its fast enough to allow room for mistakes - when you win it feels visceral. It feels more real. Feeling is what hooks people on games. Its not winning or losing that matters as much as that feeling.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You've got to be joking right?

GAV

bruh im being serious you cant be for real with that previews statement
It isn't a complex concept.

In regular fighting games, there are two less variables in defending than in For Honor. These two added variables leave more room for error. If the game is fast, but reactable - it adds a level of realism.

With unreactable and safe attacks, plan of attack takes precedence over reactions and executions.

The developers have chosen this path so far. I'm not trying to sway you. We can agree to disagree on how things should work. I won't judge you personally over a disagreement.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
The shugoki running around in circles got nerfed now lets nerf warlords unlock tech. all this unlock bullshit needs to go i cant stress how ridiculous it makes for honor look at high levels

GAV

Whole lotta Raiders in Dominion recently. The unlock tech has gone viral...