What's new

For Honor

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
There are several ways out of each one of wardens options and so the warden is at a disadvantage odds wise. Sure the bash make the opponent have to make a read, but the reads are still tilted in their favor.
Walk me through it.

Warden initiates Bash...

Opponent attacks - Warden lets Bash loose - Bash hits - Warden follows up for guaranteed damage and starts Bash up again.

Opponent Guard Breaks - same outcome as above...

Opponent backs off. Nothing happens.

Opponent waits...

Warden lets Bash loose. Player dodges...

Warden cancels out into a Guard Break. Player counters Guard Break which ends in a reset.

Warden cancels out of Bash and player is attacking. Warden parries high.

When the Warden cancels out, there is no delay - so he can GB or parry accordingly while the opposition must guess.

Now, I'm on 1.05 on consoles. I don't know if 1.06 provided balance or not.

GAV

You don't want the dumb aspects out of the game. You want a character you have issues with deleted from the game. But I won't even Argue with you at this point. Just out of curiosity are you against stuff like gb faints , soft faints and unlock stuff? because I woudlnt be surprised in the slightest if you are.
Unlock unblockables I am against for sure. The other stuff isn't dumb in my mind.

I think you're just done with the discussion which is fine. We all get exhausted from time to time. If you feel like picking it up again, feel free.

Walk me through it.

Warden initiates Bash...

Opponent attacks - Warden lets Bash loose - Bash hits - Warden follows up for guaranteed damage and starts Bash up again.

Opponent Guard Breaks - same outcome as above...

Opponent backs off. Nothing happens.

Opponent waits...

Warden lets Bash loose. Player dodges...

Warden cancels out into a Guard Break. Player counters Guard Break which ends in a reset.

Warden cancels out of Bash and player is attacking. Warden parries high.

When the Warden cancels out, there is no delay - so he can GB or parry accordingly while the opposition must guess.

Now, I'm on 1.05 on consoles. I don't know if 1.06 provided balance or not.
Warden initiates Bash
"Opponent attacks - Warden lets Bash loose - Bash hits - Warden follows up for guaranteed damage and starts Bash up again."
That must have been a slow attack and reactions.

"Opponent Guard Breaks"
Why?

"Warden lets Bash loose. Player dodges...
Warden cancels out into a Guard Break. Player counters Guard Break which ends in a reset."
What was the point in writing this?

"Warden cancels out of Bash and player is attacking. Warden parries high."
No that's under the circumstance that the opponent didn't punish the cancel bash.

"When the Warden cancels out, there is no delay - so he can GB or parry accordingly while the opposition must guess."
You're sort of right here but you are inferring something wrong. He still can be punished during the charge. Also no the opponent doesn't have to guess he can react.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Warden initiates Bash
"Opponent attacks - Warden lets Bash loose - Bash hits - Warden follows up for guaranteed damage and starts Bash up again."
That must have been a slow attack and reactions.

"Opponent Guard Breaks"
Why?

"Warden lets Bash loose. Player dodges...
Warden cancels out into a Guard Break. Player counters Guard Break which ends in a reset."
What was the point in writing this?

"Warden cancels out of Bash and player is attacking. Warden parries high."
No that's under the circumstance that the opponent didn't punish the cancel bash.

"When the Warden cancels out, there is no delay - so he can GB or parry accordingly while the opposition must guess."
You're sort of right here but you are inferring something wrong. He still can be punished during the charge. Also no the opponent doesn't have to guess he can react.
Guard Breaks to counter GB...

You can't GB Warden while he is charging his bash. You can only hit him and only high lights are fast enough to beat out his releasing of the bash. What am I missing?

You can't GB Warden while he is charging his bash. You can only hit him and only high lights are fast enough to beat out his releasing of the bash. What am I missing?
You mean lights and you mean on reaction. Also what does this have to do with my previous post? Never mind you edited it. Why would you be trying to cgb on a read?

GAV

You can gb him in his bash unless he charges it
Really? Maybe I just assumed, but I have never been able to GB Warden out of his Bash.

Actually, being able to GB him if you can grab him while he's charging it would completely balance the move - IMO.

Even if he could counter guard break, it would be fine. Just a way to get him out of it would be a very good thing.

Really? Maybe I just assumed, but I have never been able to GB Warden out of his Bash.

Actually, being able to GB him if you can grab him while he's charging it would completely balance the move - IMO.

Even if he could counter guard break, it would be fine. Just a way to get him out of it would be a very good thing.
No. Pretty sure you can't gb any character aslong as that character has hyper armor. Which he does if he charges it.

GAV

No. Pretty sure you can't gb any character aslong as that character has hyper armor. Which he does if he charges it.
You can't GB players when they are doing anything. If you are attacking, even if the attack hasn't come out yet, you can't be Guard Broken. Classifying it as an attack only on release of the attack and applying the hyper armor at this time as well would effectively "normalize" the move - IMO. This would allow players to GB Warden while he is charging the Bash, but also allow Wardens to keep the properties that make the Bash good.

You can't GB players when they are doing anything. If you are attacking, even if the attack hasn't come out yet, you can't be Guard Broken. Classifying it as an attack only on release of the attack and applying the hyper armor at this time as well would effectively "normalize" the move - IMO. This would allow players to GB Warden while he is charging the Bash, but also allow Wardens to keep the properties that make the Bash good.
That's wrong, you can gb attacks if they haven't come out yet or barely started if there's a long enough time till they hit. The only time that was the case was during the first beta

GAV

That's wrong, you can gb attacks if they haven't come out yet or barely started if there's a long enough time till they hit. The only time that was the case was during the first beta
I'm gonna test this out. If this is correct, I may be wrong about the Warden's Bash. Knowledge is power.