What's new

For Honor

He is perfectly fine.

Now, just do the others the same. Give them options, just not safe ones.
I just find it hilarious that you go by tru3talents opinion because it fits yours and act as if it's a fact. When there's actual top players like Pete who said conq was bad and that warden was fine. You just want every character nerfed because you play a bad one ( that is good if you use that unlocked tech but it's understandable if you dont)

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Jesus warlord is still super strong in this game. Warlord and warden what a beautiful match up thats how the game should be played not nerf everyone were there is no offense left in the game. i really hope they don't mess this game up more than it already is. truetalent is gonna ruin this fucking game just because shitty raider sucks doesn't mean you have to bring characters down to his level ugh!!!! They should listen to people like petemoo not truetalent

Jesus warlord is still super strong in this game. Warlord and warden what a beautiful match up thats how the game should be played not nerf everyone were there is no offense left in the game. i really hope they don't mess this game up more than it already is. truetalent is gonna ruin this fucking game just because shitty raider sucks doesn't mean you have to bring characters down to his level ugh!!!! They should listen to people like petemoo not truetalent
Yup . I don't understand why people like that guy take opinions from a non competitve player who plays the game alot rather than a top player that has won multiple tournaments whilst going against other top players the whole time.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You can have the vision to see the game how it is without being a competitive gamer. I have been a competitive gamer. I know what is going on. I agree with Tru on some things, but he hasn't shaped my opinion. I don't watch his streams. I've seen a few of his vids and we see some things alike.

The reason you guys don't like the idea of abolishing safe attacks is because as competitive gamers, you have conditioned yourselves to build your gameplans around safety. If its not there in any form, some will walk away - but those that don't will expand their minds and become better players going forward. Extending your focus is a very difficult, but rewarding skill to learn. Instead of "NOW!" at every exchange - it becomes a longer period of actual exchange with your opponents because there are no safe moves to let players pick the times.

Here are my light change suggestions...

Assassins...
Berzerker - put the stamina cost back like it was (it was lower before 1.05)
PK - add frames to the recovery of her lights so they are punishable with lights on block
Orochi - make Storm Rush faster and make it so you can cancel out of it more quickly...
Heavies...
Shugoki - take the armor off of his running attack and his backbreaker
Warlord - fine
Conqueror - fine
Vanguards...
Warden - make canceling out of his Shield Bash cost some stamina
Kensei - fine
Raider - speed up his zone attack a few frames when its not used in a combo
Hybrids...
Nobushi - speed up her zone attack a bit
Valkyrie - fine
Lawbringer - fine

You can have the vision to see the game how it is without being a competitive gamer. I have been a competitive gamer. I know what is going on. I agree with Tru on some things, but he hasn't shaped my opinion. I don't watch his streams. I've seen a few of his vids and we see some things alike.

The reason you guys don't like the idea of abolishing safe attacks is because as competitive gamers, you have conditioned yourselves to build your gameplans around safety. If its not there in any form, some will walk away - but those that don't will expand their minds and become better players going forward. Extending your focus is a very difficult, but rewarding skill to learn. Instead of "NOW!" at every exchange - it becomes a longer period of actual exchange with your opponents because there are no safe moves to let players pick the times.

Assassins...
PK - add frames to the recovery of her lights so they are punishable with lights on block
Orochi - make Storm Rush faster and make it so you can cancel out of it more quickly...
Heavies...
Warlord - fine
Conqueror - fine
Vanguards...
Kensei - fine
Hybrids...
Valkyrie - fine
Lawbringer - fine
Holy shit this is literally the worst attempt at balancing I've ever seen and that's saying something considering these devs exist. Literally everything you said was dead wrong.
You have no idea what you are talking about just stop. You almost get close to the idea on which characters are good but you don't understand at all why the characters are good or bad.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
...because its entirely too easy to completely control fights with it. Just keep canceling out and punish if they bite - and back off if they don't.

I still don't get why everyone is so against this. It is going to happen. I just hope they don't nerf it beyond what I have suggested. I like Warden the way he is as long as I'm not facing all shoulder bash cancel "bs."
Something being difficult to deal with doesn't make it "bullshit", that is scrub logic. You have to take all his options into account.

Both empty canceling and GB canceling his shoulder are essential to his game. When you see Warden's shoulder charge startup, you have very easy options to beat it or completely avoid it. You can either light attack him, beating both the shoulder and the shoulder GB cancel (I believe Raider is the only char without this option), you can properly space him out, or you can roll away avoiding all of it. The problem is players see the shoulder charge start up and they try to left/right dodge it so they can get a punish if he follows through and whiffs. But Warden can cancel the shoulder into GB and since dashes are GB punishable, they get guardbroken.

The argument then is "but he can empty cancel and block my attack or keep forcing me to roll away". Yes, he can empty cancel and block, but to block a light after canceling he has to guess which side you'll attack from. It's not guaranteed he will block and since it's also a light, unless you're super predictable you're not ever getting parried.

You can easily limit Warden's options if you actually study the matchup instead of crying for an unneeded nerf. This is and will continue to be the problem with For Honor. There's legitimate problems that need to be addressed but instead they listen to the masses of scrubs who refuse to actually learn matchups. Warden is pretty easy to use so naturally he gets a lot of complaints. That doesn't make them justified at all.

GAV

Holy shit this is literally the worst attempt at balancing I've ever seen and that's saying something considering these devs exist. Literally everything you said was dead wrong.
You have no idea what you are talking about just stop. You almost get close to the idea on which characters are good but you don't understand at all why the characters are good or bad.
Never change BS.

GAV

Something being difficult to deal with doesn't make it "bullshit", that is scrub logic. You have to take all his options into account.

Both empty canceling and GB canceling his shoulder are essential to his game. When you see Warden's shoulder charge startup, you have very easy options to beat it or completely avoid it. You can either light attack him, beating both the shoulder and the shoulder GB cancel (I believe Raider is the only char without this option), you can properly space him out, or you can roll away avoiding all of it. The problem is players see the shoulder charge start up and they try to left/right dodge it so they can get a punish if he follows through and whiffs. But Warden can cancel the shoulder into GB and since dashes are GB punishable, they get guardbroken.

The argument then is "but he can empty cancel and block my attack or keep forcing me to roll away". Yes, he can empty cancel and block, but to block a light after canceling he has to guess which side you'll attack from. It's not guaranteed he will block and since it's also a light, unless you're super predictable you're not ever getting parried.

You can easily limit Warden's options if you actually study the matchup instead of crying for an unneeded nerf. This is and will continue to be the problem with For Honor. There's legitimate problems that need to be addressed but instead they listen to the masses of scrubs who refuse to actually learn matchups. Warden is pretty easy to use so naturally he gets a lot of complaints. That doesn't make them justified at all.
I'm ok with the bash canceling. Just make the cancel tack on a little more stamina cost so doing it costs something.

Assassins...
Heavies...
Warlord - fine
Conqueror - fine
Vanguards...
Kensei - fine
Hybrids...
Valkyrie - fine
Lawbringer - fine
Thank God you aren't balancing the game holy fuck , really ? you want pks light to be punishable? You do realize you can block them on reaction if you specifically look out for them right? That'll kill her instantly Even though if they fix the flicker she'll be fine. If they do nerf the lights They'd likely slow it down which is a more reasonable change. At this point you just want any character you have issues with nerfed badly. You take others opinions no matter how bad they are and make them yours. But atleast if you're gonna do that why not take it from a top player whose won tournaments? And not your favorite streamer that just plays the game alot?

GAV

Thank God you aren't balancing the game holy fuck , really ? you want pks light to be punishable? You do realize you can block them on reaction if you specifically look out for them right? That'll kill her instantly Even though if they fix the flicker she'll be fine. If they do nerf the lights They'd likely slow it down which is a more reasonable change. At this point you just want any character you have issues with nerfed badly. You take others opinions no matter how bad they are and make them yours. But atleast if you're gonna do that why not take it from a top player whose won tournaments? And not your favorite streamer that just plays the game alot?
Players that have won tournaments have a dog in the fight. I would rather try and wrap my own head around what is going on than to defer to someone else.

I haven't suggested nerfing anyone badly. All I have suggested is a little tweak here and there.

I'm good with the game as is, but I think it improved with 1.05.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They need to simultaneously slightly nerf the top 3-4 characters and buff the bottom 5-6 characters. Then see how that affects the balance.

I'm not going to pretend to know what specific buffs/nerfs should be implemented, but until that happens, I'll wait it out and play better games.

Never change BS.
Why is this so hard for you to understand? There is literally only one weapon attack in this game that you can't block on reaction. The rest are unblockables that are 50\50s. Either than that you literally can't do anything in this game but hope your opponent sucks.

They need to simultaneously slightly nerf the top 3-4 characters and buff the bottom 5-6 characters. Then see how that affects the balance.

I'm not going to pretend to know what specific buffs/nerfs should be implemented, but until that happens, I'll wait it out and play better games.
I feel like they should add a system with their gbs like mkx where it's a 50/50 guess between back throw or forward. Then they would just nerf the damage you can get off of gb. This would help get rid of the advantage of just standing there in two ways. 1. Makes it so every character has least one option against it 2. Makes it so parrys don't give ridiculous damage. This would still be fair to defense because t wouldn't be that much damage and would be completely avoidable by (I know it's hard to think about gav) attacking the opponent when you think they will go for a gb. It would add a lot more depth and mind games to the hollow gameplay. They could even maybe keep the safe parrys then since there would be an actual counter to them

Last edited:

GAV

Why is this so hard for you to understand? There is literally only one weapon attack in this game that you can't block on reaction. The rest are unblockables that are 50\50s. Either than that you literally can't do anything in this game but hope your opponent sucks.
Haha.

GAV

I feel like they should add a system with their gbs like mkx where it's a 50/50 guess between back throw or forward. Then they would just nerf the damage you can get off of gb. This would help get rid of the advantage of just standing there in two ways. 1. Makes it so every character has least one option against it 2. Makes it so parrys don't give ridiculous damage. This would still be fair to defense because t wouldn't be that much damage and would be completely avoidable by (I know it's hard to think about gav) attacking the opponent when you think they will go for a gb. It would add a lot more depth and mind games to the hollow gameplay. They could even maybe keep the safe parrys then since there would be an actual counter to them
I like the game that it is. This would make it something completely different.

I love MKX, but I don't want a 4H-MKX hybrid.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Assassins...
Heavies...
Warlord - fine
Conqueror - fine
Vanguards...
Kensei - fine
Hybrids...
Valkyrie - fine
Lawbringer - fine
Fucking wow lmao.

I respect your suggestions but let me just say straight out that you need to acknowledge that your vision of the game is heavily flawed.

GAV

Fucking wow lmao.

I respect your suggestions but let me just say straight out that you need to acknowledge that your vision of the game is heavily flawed.
I just agree with what has already been done and don't think the game needs a complete re-work.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Hahahaha i don't give a fuck about nerfs or buffs anymore MY WARLORD LIVES!!!!! thats all i care about

Seriously though i hope they dont ruin warden and pk. as for shogoki gut that fat fuck to pieces, stupid character making the game look ridiculous running around in circles

Reactions: GAV