What's new

For Honor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I miss old school games, lol. This new age of constant balancing in fighters is why I can't take any of them seriously. And people wonder why I only play UMK3. Yeah it's broken but nothing changes, it's very competitive, it's fun and there's a large skill gap. All you need. Balance is severely overrated.

You don't need every matchup to be 5-5. All ya need is for most characters to be somewhat viable. Bad matchups are inevitable, unless there's only like 4 characters.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You guys jump to conclusions. At least play it after the patch and decide on how it feels.

I'll play until it isn't fun anymore.

You guys jump to conclusions. At least play it after the patch and decide on how it feels.

I'll play until it isn't fun anymore.
It doesnt matter. Even if somehow all of the vortexes were still there they still are actively trying to make the game worse with each patch and arent even close to improving the game.

GAV

I care way less about balancing than connectivity. Regardless of tools, all classes have heads to smash.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Wardens shield bash changes :

• Shoulder Bash cancel timing into Guard Break reduced to 300ms before end of startup (from 100ms before end of startup).
  • Uninterruptible Stance timing on fully-charged Shoulder Bash startup reduced by 100ms in order to match the revised Guard Break cancel timing.
  • Cancelling Shoulder Bash into Idle now causes a 200ms recovery with no defense (Wardens used to cancel out of Shoulder Bash instantly into Idle).
  • The fully-charged visual and audio effects, will now only play once the cancel window is closed.
  • Non-charged Shoulder Bash recovery on Miss increased to 800ms (from 700ms)
I just got back into this game to see this. Wtf is this?! This character is fine but hrs getting nerfed harder then any charcter yet. That's bullshit. It's almost like Ubisoft doesn't want me to play this game.

GAV

I just got back into this game to see this. Wtf is this?! This character is fine but hrs getting nerfed harder then any charcter yet. That's bullshit. It's almost like Ubisoft doesn't want me to play this game.
Everyone said that about Conqueror, but he is fine. If I miss a Shield Bash, I get guard broken - but he was a little brain dead before. The game feels vastly improved.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
You guys are hilariously ridiculous and utterly spoiled.

This has been such a good read.

Reactions: GAV

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Played last night some dominion with some friends with all the negative stuff about this game, i must admit this game is really fun especially playing with friends it just needs a few more tweeks and they need to stop nerfing offfense and fix the connection issues then this game would truly be epic. Either way i really like this game warlord!!!! for life

Reactions: GAV

GAV

There is definitely a way to access Kensei's unblockable on his first attack. I have encountered it twice now. One way had no tell. The other had flames. Dunno how to do either, but both ways definitely exist.

Everyone said that about Conqueror, but he is fine. If I miss a Shield Bash, I get guard broken - but he was a little brain dead before. The game feels vastly improved.
He's not fine. You literally can't go into shield bash without having a huge chance of getting punished. You literally have to turtle so hard and hope they fuck up to hit them (even if you do get a shield bash you get very little reward unless they're very low on stamina)

There is definitely a way to access Kensei's unblockable on his first attack. I have encountered it twice now. One way had no tell. The other had flames. Dunno how to do either, but both ways definitely exist.
He's only good or slightly decent in 4v4s because of his ability to stall and hold a point until his teammates get there , but in 1v1s he isn't good .

GAV

He's not fine. You literally can't go into shield bash without having a huge chance of getting punished. You literally have to turtle so hard and hope they fuck up to hit them (even if you do get a shield bash you get very little reward unless they're very low on stamina)
I have no problems on offense with him.

You generally don't want to initiate with him, but his defense is great and his moves are sneaky slick.

Last edited:

GAV

He's only good or slightly decent in 4v4s because of his ability to stall and hold a point until his teammates get there , but in 1v1s he isn't good .
He's good if you can access his unblockable from go.

Kensei has vastly improved from the last patch even without the use of this bug.

I have no problems on offense with him.

You generally don't want to initiate with him, but his defense is great and his moves are sneaky slick.
It's easy to stomp people with him if you aren't going against competent players that can't punish it , play it against any decent player and you'll get punished the second you throw out that shield bash and if you do somehow get it off then you'll get very little reward off of it

GAV

It's easy to stomp people with him if you aren't going against competent players that can't punish it , play it against any decent player and you'll get punished the second you throw out that shield bash and if you do somehow get it off then you'll get very little reward off of it
I generally use the shield bash as a counter after a sidestep. His offense starts this way or when you block an attack. He's a very reactive character. I'll bait with lights and feints, but I don't look to go on the offensive unless they're already on the ropes. I try to be aware of life bars, but stamina bars are much more important.

I generally use the shield bash as a counter after a sidestep. His offense starts this way or when you block an attack. He's a very reactive character. I'll bait with lights and feints, but I don't look to go on the offensive unless they're already on the ropes. I try to be aware of life bars, but stamina bars are much more important.
Again... you wont do anything against good players without getting punished. Watch legionunchained play in the latest for glory tournament , he barely did that shield bash or was able to start any offense and by far him and barace are both the best conqs ( or were now lol) . Conq is just a 4v4 character and works okay in actual 2v2s aswell sorry if you disagree but it's like that. Even top players agree but I suppose whatever tru3 says is better , right ?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Again... you wont do anything against good players without getting punished. Watch legionunchained play in the latest for glory tournament , he barely did that shield bash or was able to start any offense and by far him and barace are both the best conqs ( or were now lol) . Conq is just a 4v4 character and works okay in actual 2v2s aswell sorry if you disagree but it's like that. Even top players agree but I suppose whatever tru3 says is better , right ?

lol

GAV

I agree with what Tru says a good amount, but where I think the real divide lies between I and others here is how we want the game to fundamentally be. I am good with a defensive meta. There is enough to do defensively to keep this game interesting with the onus on defense. The game developers seem to agree with nerfs currently being applied to anything difficult to react to with a high damage payout.

Last edited: