What's new

For Honor

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I aint joining that club waiting on season 2 lol the ninja looks sick as hell he might revive my interest in this game
Do the community a favor and don't come back. Based on a brief observation of your "contributions" to this discussion, you're the type to type some cheeky stuff right before you rage quit when a lawbringer takes the set.

What you're missing is that almost every other character in the game outside the top 5, have been having to open decent players up with out HB. My point is not that WL isn't weaker than he was, or that the HB nerf was what he 'needed' or warranted or whatever. My point is that 7-8 other characters have been opening people up without HB - which made them lower tier obviously - since the beginning, and even without it, WL has superior tools in many situations.

Also, I havent had a chance to test but..

• Stamina cost increased to 15 (from 12).
  • Dodge window increased by 200ms.
  • Miss Recovery reduced to 700ms (from 800ms).
  • Miss Recovery branching into Attack delayed by 200ms.
Thats what they listed.. am I missing something here because it looks like it still starts up the same speed, which is very fast and IS going to catch people. You just cant spam the thing 6x in a row. I see Dodge Window increased, but that doesnt sound like they are talking about it starting up any slower. Dodge window sounds like there is some interaction between the move and your ability to dodge it, and, well, you now have more time. And, wouldnt Miss Recovery be a buff? Sounds like you recover faster if you whiff it, but you cant attack for a little longer after.

Like I said, I havent been able to test this, but just from reading the changes I dont see how the entire character is now shit tier worthless because you have 200ms longer to dodge a move that appears to start up just as fastr as it used to, unless this dodge window thing is a terrible way of wording 'start up' and if he whiffs it entirely (something you absolutely SHOULD be heavily punished for) you have a net loss of 100ms before you can attack (100ms faster recover kinda eats up 100ms of the new attack delay when you think of it). I mean, am I missing something here or misunderstanding the patch notes? How the hell does this kill a character with as much shit as WL has.. I mean jesus, if you parry a heavy you can steal an entire stamina bar and land a side heavy of your own AND daze them.. If you parry a light you get essentially the same thing minus the entire stam bar unless they are low.

Yes, I get it, he cant open people up now, but the strength of defense is a game-wide issue. WL still has significantly more shit than most characters AND HB seems like it still has a place, you just cant do nothing but HB and win.

If Nobu can land that damn kick on players and Warden can land his shoulder (without a cancel or anything), two moves with almost glacial frame data, HB should still have a place.
This. God forbid you join us mere mortals and open up people by doing something *gasp* unsafe. God forbid your ego takes any damage in attempting to grasp the concept that maybe your character has had more sway over your KDA than you'd like to admit.

TLDR: Warlord is fine. He has so many strong tools. Get over yourself.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I've been stuck having to use this god damn glowing kick with nobushi to open people up. I think you will be fine with your headbut

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yea so I played a couple of hours on some 2v2s here are my first impressions:

Kensei:
Boi got new gimmicks - with Side Lights being faster, you can open up sloppy players with Top Heavy feint into Side Lights in addition to his usual game of feinting Side Heavy into Top Light.

Actual improvements - Getting access to Unblockable from Swift Strike makes dodge punishes more rewarding. Although said punishes will still be few and far between because of how slow Swift Strike is.

On the other hand, Helm Splitter into Unblockable allows him a 2nd way to do Unblockable loops (Unblockable, Dash Forward, Helm Splitter, Unblockable) in addition to his usual Dash Forward, GB.

Honestly not too sure on how good this is considering the stamina cost and hitting Helm Splitter is even less frequent than Swift Strike.

Conclusion: Maybe no longer contender for worst in game but not much of a step-up either.

Conq:
Bash nerf - This means actually getting punished for whiffing it now. Which is fair. I don't even think it's a nerf, more of a normalization.

Heavy buff - Removes the need to unlock after GB in order to get a killing blow. Also more damage after wall splat. LMAO at this buff w/e I'll take it.

Conclusion: Conq got the Quan Chi/PeaceKeeper treatment lmao

Lawbringer:
I don't actually play this character that much but everyone and their moms are now so I can note things that I noticed.

-Shove now guarantees Top Light <-- LMAO
-Stun on Light Riposte makes LB Raider on steroids
-Parrying a Side Heavy seems to guarantee Ad Mortem Inimicus because I can't seem to dodge/parry them but I could when my Top Heavy gets parried
-Long arm can punish some things now and because of how it guarantees Side Heavy, the following Light in the chain is really hard to react to, leading to a lot of damage

Conclusion: Welcome LB to the party of free damage from a moderately fast Unblockable

Also I notice a rise of Dominion players with Rep4+ LBs and Kenseis going to 2v2 thinking the buffs will carry them. Lol at that.

Do the community a favor and don't come back. Based on a brief observation of your "contributions" to this discussion, you're the type to type some cheeky stuff right before you rage quit when a lawbringer takes the set.

This. God forbid you join us mere mortals and open up people by doing something *gasp* unsafe. God forbid your ego takes any damage in attempting to grasp the concept that maybe your character has had more sway over your KDA than you'd like to admit.

TLDR: Warlord is fine. He has so many strong tools. Get over yourself.
I havent had any time with post patch warlord but there was no need to slow his headbutt if its already punishable.

Its the same thought process as wardens zone thats reactable and fully punishable, its dumb

Yea so I played a couple of hours on some 2v2s here are my first impressions:

Kensei:
Boi got new gimmicks - with Side Lights being faster, you can open up sloppy players with Top Heavy feint into Side Lights in addition to his usual game of feinting Side Heavy into Top Light.

Actual improvements - Getting access to Unblockable from Swift Strike makes dodge punishes more rewarding. Although said punishes will still be few and far between because of how slow Swift Strike is.

On the other hand, Helm Splitter into Unblockable allows him a 2nd way to do Unblockable loops (Unblockable, Dash Forward, Helm Splitter, Unblockable) in addition to his usual Dash Forward, GB.

Honestly not too sure on how good this is considering the stamina cost and hitting Helm Splitter is even less frequent than Swift Strike.

Conclusion: Maybe no longer contender for worst in game but not much of a step-up either.

Conq:
Bash nerf - This means actually getting punished for whiffing it now. Which is fair. I don't even think it's a nerf, more of a normalization.

Heavy buff - Removes the need to unlock after GB in order to get a killing blow. Also more damage after wall splat. LMAO at this buff w/e I'll take it.

Conclusion: Conq got the Quan Chi/PeaceKeeper treatment lmao

Lawbringer:
I don't actually play this character that much but everyone and their moms are now so I can note things that I noticed.

-Stun on Light Riposte makes LB Raider on steroids
-Parrying a Side Heavy seems to guarantee Ad Mortem Inimicus because I can't seem to dodge/parry them but I could when my Top Heavy gets parried
-Long arm can punish some things now and because of how it guarantees Side Heavy, the following Light in the chain is really hard to react to, leading to a lot of damage

Conclusion: Welcome LB to the party of free damage from a moderately fast Unblockable

Also I notice a rise of Dominion players with Rep4+ LBs and Kenseis going to 2v2 thinking the buffs will carry them. Lol at that.
laws unblockables reactable, even if it did guarentee a free light there would be no point except that he gets one after a block which is admittedly a problem.

Kroaken

I havent had any time with post patch warlord but there was no need to slow his headbutt if its already punishable.

Its the same thought process as wardens zone thats reactable and fully punishable, its dumb

Comparing wardens zone on block which is a GUARANTEED gb to warlords headbutt which you're lucky to get out of the way of with some characters let alone punish... Well I suppose what I have to say to you about that, you've already said about yourself, now haven't ya ;)

I should add for clarification against bias, I used to play Lawbringer up until two weeks ago. I now play Raider exclusively. Warden has issues that require further looking into. But it's not with his zone.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
laws unblockables reactable, even if it did guarentee a free light there would be no point except that he gets one after a block which is admittedly a problem.
It definitely is when in neutral. But like you said, he's guaranteed one after blocking and also when he hits a side Heavy which is going to be more frequent now.

Kroaken

I will test this myself within the next night or two. That doesn't sound to be working as intended.

I also think this is an oversight and not working as intended. I would expect to see these two things, if true, to be potentially reverted.

Good research.

Reactions: GAV
Comparing wardens zone on block which is a GUARANTEED gb to warlords headbutt which you're lucky to get out of the way of with some characters let alone punish... Well I suppose what I have to say to you about that, you've already said about yourself, now haven't ya ;)

I should add for clarification against bias, I used to play Lawbringer up until two weeks ago. I now play Raider exclusively. Warden has issues that require further looking into. But it's not with his zone.
no before patch if you read it you would get a free gb easy (unless you suck)
Now they made it easy mode punish and (maybe dont have patch yet but by the sounds of it) reactable.
Sure i may not personally like headbutt and shield bash but just making the move useless like this and doubling down on defensive play is the exact opposite of what weve been asking for

Kroaken

no before patch if you read it you would get a free gb easy (unless you suck)
Now they made it easy mode punish and (maybe dont have patch yet but by the sounds of it) reactable.
Sure i may not personally like headbutt and shield bash but just making the move useless like this and doubling down on defensive play is the exact opposite of what weve been asking for
If you read it? Aka dodge before it happens. Sure. Unless you're raider, you're eating a gb. You're going to a wall. You're getting stunned. You're eating a side heavy. Good luck on that "read". Idk which warlords you're facing.. you must be a PK, I'm guessing.

Try that same thing with lawbringer. Who doesn't have a mile long dash.

If you read it? Aka dodge before it happens. Sure. Unless you're raider, you're eating a gb. You're going to a wall. You're getting stunned. You're eating a side heavy. Good luck on that "read". Idk which warlords you're facing.. you must be a PK, I'm guessing.

Try that same thing with lawbringer. Who doesn't have a mile long dash.
no you dodge as it happens or react dodge after the warlord dashes just like how you read a shield bash.

"you're eating a gb"
yes believe it or not you have to guess and make a read in this almost strictly reactive game.
If you hate the mixup so much just throw out a light everytime you see the warlord dash forward and pray you dont get parried.

making guesses is fair, reacting to everything is not

Kroaken

no you dodge as it happens or react dodge after the warlord dashes just like how you read a shield bash.

"you're eating a gb"
yes believe it or not you have to guess and make a read in this almost strictly reactive game.
If you hate the mixup so much just throw out a light everytime you see the warlord dash forward and pray you dont get parried.

making guesses is fair, reacting to everything is not
I see where this is going.

Again, warlord is just fine. That's my point.

I see where this is going.

Again, warlord is just fine. That's my point.
No hes not thats my point.
His defense is way to strong and they killed his only locked on offense making him literally only turtle or do autistic 50/50 unlocked insta kill mixup.
This is the exact opposite of how they should be balancing.

Kroaken

No hes not thats my point.
His defense is way to strong and they killed his only locked on offense making him literally only turtle or do autistic 50/50 unlocked insta kill mixup.
This is the exact opposite of how they should be balancing.
How would you Nerf his defense.

I forgot exactly what i had said earlier but i believe it was something like make his full guard option only be the light after the block and his full guard has more delay. Also get rid of his hyper armor, there is literally no reason he should have hyper armor.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Who is this punk acting like he knows it all. I give you the challenge go see if you can open decent players up in this game with warlord without using headbutt.

You dont understand the character design he had one tool on offense.

And just because you played lawbringer prepatch doesnt mean all characters that had decent offense should be nerfed down to your shit bag standards

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Headbutt was never the issue, not to me at least. Warlord is complete offensive and defensive character, that's the problem. They should have nerfed his defense not his offense. But definitely should nerf his throw range, seriously...

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I don't think this game should be based on 50/50's or guessing, at least not until one of the characters runs out of stamina. I've already had enough of that pre-MKXL.

I would rather like to see more elaboration on the stamina bar. For example, I'm interest how this game would play if blocking took stamina (not too much) so that the aggresor could try to put his enemy in exhaustion through chip. It's just an idea though.

Kroaken

Who is this punk acting like he knows it all. I give you the challenge go see if you can open decent players up in this game with warlord without using headbutt.

You dont understand the character design he had one tool on offense.

And just because you played lawbringer prepatch doesnt mean all characters that had decent offense should be nerfed down to your shit bag standards
We HAVE been opening players up without an unblockable (unparryable) that guarantees free damage.

Kroaken

I don't think this game should be based on 50/50's or guessing, at least not until one of the characters runs out of stamina. I've already had enough of that pre-MKXL.

I would rather like to see more elaboration on the stamina bar. For example, I'm interest how this game would play if blocking took stamina (not too much) so that the aggresor could try to put his enemy in exhaustion through chip. It's just an idea though.
Chip, or more chip, seems to be the general consensus. Still, unless the out of Stam state becomes more damning (some just dash away), health dmg seems to be a better option imo.

Kroaken

I forgot exactly what i had said earlier but i believe it was something like make his full guard option only be the light after the block and his full guard has more delay. Also get rid of his hyper armor, there is literally no reason he should have hyper armor.
That's agreeable. When I say warlord is fine, I'm implying he's still strong with a lot of tools. Not that he might not still be too strong compared to a few others. I still think the best way to punish turtles is chip dmg. They'd be forced to want to parry more. Which is where mix-ups come in and unblockable (unparryable) moves aren't needed.