What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

M2Dave

Zoning Master
6-4 Flash. Zoning flash is hard. When he gets in 1 touch = death. I can't soul crush. Trait is hard to use in the mu. It's her worst match up and I hate it.
What about Zod? Did you have a chance to fight Pig in a long series this weekend?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
so pillars into soul crush isn't a frame trap?? i really need more MU xp lol i was to salty about losing to play anyone after saturday :( biggest mistake when i go to majors. i'll be at SCR though if you're going. one thing i will say, when you got out of the corner in the final game i knew i lost :( by the left interactable on ferris, you hit me with the thingy when i backdashed, still salty i let that happen, any way GGs.
It's a frame trap still depending on distance and what you're going to do.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@AK Harold
Good shit man! My favorite Flash so far..

My training partner gives me shit for using RMS soo much but I love your use of it.

I just wanted to let you know something on the Harley Match Up. It's better if you stand block the Kartwheel.

Kartwheel is -6 on krouch block. -7 on stand block..

So you kan full kombo punish it if you stand block it..

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
I did unexpectedly well and can only thank all the guys here that have helped me learn how to play this game.

Even though masterD probably doesn't read these forums big thanks to him for showing me live what I do wrong and alternative strategies.

Also, big props to @BrobaChett for the training sessions and the help developing strategies with the Flash.
Whenever you get online let me know, we could just have fun with the game considering my connection is rather shall we say poopy.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I did unexpectedly well and can only thank all the guys here that have helped me learn how to play this game.

Even though masterD probably doesn't read these forums big thanks to him for showing me live what I do wrong and alternative strategies.

Also, big props to @BrobaChett for the training sessions and the help developing strategies with the Flash.
Master D. does read but barely posts.

If you juggle someone in the corner and you do not want them to clash, you can activate trait and perform f+3, b+3, b+3, b+3, or something like that. Try it in practice mode.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Master D. does read but barely posts.

If you juggle someone in the corner and you do not want them to clash, you can activate trait and perform f+3, b+3, b+3, b+3, or something like that. Try it in practice mode.
Best meterless unclashable damage for Flash, and its a mix up on knockdown (because Flash).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I really don't like Bane so here's my info on options against him. I know Flash beats him but I want to solidify that with knowledge.

At neutral, 2 and 21 beat his armor (except baitable Up Venom) and at point blank hits mid, even beating out his D1. I didn't take Super into account but with a lot of these your input won't kome out if he does super and you kan jump out and punish him. Some of these are also tight windows so take that into account and practice things before you do them in tourney.

> means: Wins Against
< means: Loses To
= means: Trades With

21:
21<Venom Uppercut, Raging Charge (Makes hits wiff)
Delay Backdash or Immediate Jump Back<Raging Charge

2:
2(at point blank)<Venom Uppercut
21<Venom Uppercut
Delay Backdash or Immediate Jump Back<Raging Charge

2~RMS:
F1MB<Venom Uppercut
Kancel, Block<Body Press

Kancel, Jump Back<Venom Uppercut, Raging Charge
Kancel, Jump Forward<Venom Uppercut

B2 (Up Klose):
21>Everything
2<Raging Charge (Makes hits wiff)
D1D2<Double Punch, Venom Uppercut
Lightning Charge MB=Venom Uppercut

B22:
21>Everything
2>Everything
D1D2<Venom Uppercut
Lightning Charge MB<Venom Uppercut

D1D2:
Lightning Charge<Venom Uppercut
Immediate Back Dash>Everything (except Super)
^Punishes:
Double Punch (wiffs): 112
Body Press (wiffs): Lightning Charge MB
Venom Uppercut (wiffs): Anything
Raging Charge: Speed Dodge then B22, Jump Back then Lightning Charge
Ring Slam (wiffs): B22 or Lightning Charge (Not that they'll do this anyway)

F2~RMS:
F1MB=Venom Uppercut
Kancel, 21>Everything
Kancel, 2>Everything
D1D2<Venom Uppercut, Double Punch

PS: I was originally kalling "Venom Uppercut" ---> "Up Venom" lol...

@BoricuaHeat @Krayzie

Last edited:
The beauty of the corner situation is the mind games and potential scenarios it creates. Most people like to clash after a bar of meter has been used by the opponent, but against the Flash that doesn't work. Lets say both are even on meter but the opponent has around 60% life left. Here are a couple of situations:

1. Opponent doesn't clash and loses 35% life. Also, has to deal with f+3 cross-up. Essentially, they can lose 60% to 65% and never have the chance to clash.

2. Opponent does clash and both use their meter. Flash player gets to keep trait and get in for free. In doing so, the Flash player can do about 8-10% in chip damage, possibly build a bar back and get a 50-50 mix-up.

3. Opponent clashes, but saves some meter in fear of trait. Flash still gets around 15% from clash.

This is just one example of multiple scenarios depending on the meter situation and life lead.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@subzerosmokerain Video will have to wait, but I'll be adding more to it for compensation.

@Master D. Best part is these situations pop up often. Good to see you posting bro, love your Flash play.

@Red Reaper Had a lot of fun with the matches, let's run that back tomorrow!
Yeah.. You're like one of the only people I actually have fun with playing online...

It gets hype. We were going back and forth between Arrow and Flash. Even ended up tied at the end 19-19.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
@AK Harold , wow bro your Flash is S!CK . You were adjusting to combos that would usually drop and converting them into something big. I almost lost my voice from being too hype while watching, but congratulations you deserve it. Also shout outs to @Master D. and GGA @Jim for representing Flash.

Last edited: