What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
just some tech against sinestro i though some of you would like to know and general gameplay tips against that yellow bastard :)

BoricuaHeat
SaJa
AK Harold
WoundCowboy what you gonna do zimmerman?? XD
AK Pig Of The Hut
@am too lazy to tag everyone damnit!!!
Yea a few characters can do that, but I am pretty sure that you get hit if I delay the MB. lol I would much rather that you do this to try and scout it out as opposed to moving in. Also about that B12 thing, it is hit confirmable so I am not just going to do it into shackles unless I see that it hits. lol I have failed at this a little bit recently because it is new but you get my point.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yea a few characters can do that, but I am pretty sure that you get hit if I delay the MB. lol I would much rather that you do this to try and scout it out as opposed to moving in. Also about that B12 thing, it is hit confirmable so I am not just going to do it into shackles unless I see that it hits. lol I have failed at this a little bit recently because it is new but you get my point.
i was testing more and if am inside of full screen i can duck then wait for MB blast and sweep under the rest on reaction and dash up before you can get anything of to counter my dash, unless you had trait activated. by this time am in sonic pound distance and you're going to have to play footsies. also am working on a punish for that d2 you sinestro players love so much :)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
i was testing more and if am inside of full screen i can duck then wait for MB blast and sweep under the rest on reaction and dash up before you can get anything of to counter my dash, unless you had trait activated. by this time am in sonic pound distance and you're going to have to play footsies. also am working on a punish for that d2 you sinestro players love so much :)
True, but that lets me get away with regular FB, and D2 is meh. I don't use it as much in footsies now that Sin has a safe footsie tool.

Zyphox

So finally I get to test my MU knowledge against Mr. Mileena's Zatanna and boy was that brutal.
well its not fair, assuming how you worded you sentence it seemed like you lost, because he has played me about 200+ games and knows the flash MU where you use zatanna but probably haven't played zatanna vs flash as much as he has. but if you destroy mr mil then i say props to you sir.

Zyphox

nah i lost, you play him a lot so how do you feel about the MU. no one here plays zatanna much
its hard to say really, she can wake up for free everytime, her zoning is amazing against the flash, and she has a vortex but i still think its 5 -5, i wanna play deg to confirm because its always better to play multiple versions of the character to get accurate MU numbers.

Yeah, I dont have an xbox or I would practice with Deg222. Playing Zatanna vs other Flashes I just do not see how he can overcome her tools. Her trait is devastating in that matchup combined with all her other tools. I did get blown up for puppet etc. but that isn't something I can training mode easily. I just need a consistent amount of games to see if I can mark her as a disadvantaged match up. I literally am building a list as best as I can to construct the best characters to pair with Flash to secure easier tournament wins once I get the chance to go out again. It was sad like 0-10 but also I was still getting hit by MB rings lol. I think if I iron out the small details I can possibly even the matchup.

Espio

Kokomo
Any Flash players interested in running Flash versus Hawkgirl or Martian Manhunter? Trying to brush up on match ups I don't play much or haven't in a while. I'm on PSN.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yeah, I dont have an xbox or I would practice with Deg222. Playing Zatanna vs other Flashes I just do not see how he can overcome her tools. Her trait is devastating in that matchup combined with all her other tools. I did get blown up for puppet etc. but that isn't something I can training mode easily. I just need a consistent amount of games to see if I can mark her as a disadvantaged match up. I literally am building a list as best as I can to construct the best characters to pair with Flash to secure easier tournament wins once I get the chance to go out again. It was sad like 0-10 but also I was still getting hit by MB rings lol. I think if I iron out the small details I can possibly even the matchup.
How useful is his shake move vs Zatanna's projectiles?

Zyphox

Blind_Man what do you think of the raven flash MU? i never got to ask you at NEC and if i did i was probably too high to remember lol

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
To add on that, how do all feel on match ups where b22 will not hit?

For example with Zod, I find it extremely detrimental to my play since I rely on scoring frame traps for damage with Flash, and having his best tool cut out versus certain match ups annoys me.

In the end I try to score a quick sonic pound knockdown and go from there. How do you all deal with a situation such as this?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Blind_Man what do you think of the raven flash MU? i never got to ask you at NEC and if i did i was probably too high to remember lol
6-4 Flash. Zoning flash is hard. When he gets in 1 touch = death. I can't soul crush. Trait is hard to use in the mu. It's her worst match up and I hate it.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
To add on that, how do all feel on match ups where b22 will not hit?

For example with Zod, I find it extremely detrimental to my play since I rely on scoring frame traps for damage with Flash, and having his best tool cut out versus certain match ups annoys me.

In the end I try to score a quick sonic pound knockdown and go from there. How do you all deal with a situation such as this?
dont do b22

Zyphox

6-4 Flash. Zoning flash is hard. When he gets in 1 touch = death. I can't soul crush. Trait is hard to use in the mu. It's her worst match up and I hate it.
can you explain how trait is hard, like is it hard to activate, or using her specials moves in trait are punishable?

Zyphox

Yes. But I can just block and you die.
so pillars into soul crush isn't a frame trap?? i really need more MU xp lol i was to salty about losing to play anyone after saturday :( biggest mistake when i go to majors. i'll be at SCR though if you're going. one thing i will say, when you got out of the corner in the final game i knew i lost :( by the left interactable on ferris, you hit me with the thingy when i backdashed, still salty i let that happen, any way GGs.