What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'll own up to my own ignorance, since others have pointed out "shooting fire" is exactly what he does on the CW show. I wasn't aware of that, and by-and-large had my own limited exposure to the character. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions about your experience with the character.
Even if he's based on a shitty version of the character (which he's not, since Firestorm in the TV series is a different character than the one they went with for the game), any disappointment is still totally justified. This is a character they could have run with. We've seen what they did with Fate and Swamp Thing. The sky was the limit with this character, but instead of doing something fun and creative, they gave him a lame-ass move-set based on an extremely limited subset of his abilities. To anyone who even had a remote understanding of what this character could have been, this reveal was a major disappointment.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The UUDD guys/gals were truly the most ASTOUNDINGLY OBNOXIOUS *insert word that means cringe x10000000" annoying to watch and listen to

I strongly considered self impalement after watching every second of this. Watching UUDD was straight up equivalent to getting hit my a semi truck.

I was so annoyed by this crew by the time they got to 20 secs of gameplay I had already lost any chance of recovery

I.....ugh
:confused:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
So I finally got around to seeing this. This reveal was horrible. The character looks fine but the presentation is laughable.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
so basically you want another green lantern
Ok, so Green Lantern keeps being brought up. "You just want a clone of Green Lantern" "Those are just Green Lantern's powers!" It's nonsense. Sinestro and Green Lantern were in the same game and played completely differently. They could make a game of nothing but Green Lanterns and have them play completely differently from one another. But all that is beside the point, because Firestorm's powers are different. He can do a lot of the same stuff as GL, sure, but that doesn't mean he has to be limited to shooting fireballs. Like @JLU51306 said, that would be like limiting GL to literally just hitting people with green lanterns. It's stupid, unimaginative, and just makes no damn sense.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The UUDD guys/gals were truly the most ASTOUNDINGLY OBNOXIOUS *insert word that means cringe x10000000" annoying to watch and listen to

I strongly considered self impalement after watching every second of this. Watching UUDD was straight up equivalent to getting hit my a semi truck.

I was so annoyed by this crew by the time they got to 20 secs of gameplay I had already lost any chance of recovery

I.....ugh
:confused:

What? WHAT, WHAT?!?! That's so sick! All the atoms! Bow down, bow down!

/wrists

I'll be honest, I cheated and skipped straight to the gameplay section then stopped watching immediately after.

Firestorm definitely looks like he could be fun to play though.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
We saw a fireball, a charge move and his throw.... Literally!

We have yet to see what his trait does, all his strings and some other special moves, god!!

If you end up not liking what they did to him AFTER WATCHING AN ACTUAL GAMEPLAY it's easy... Just don't play him.

People were talking shit about Cheetah as well and now everyone is suddenly hype for her when they found out that watching her intro and a few moves means nothing at all.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A la mk9 reptile. It's nothing new, move along please
And MKX Reptile. And Zod. Except Reptile didn't have a mid-hitting acid spit, MMH teleport, or aerial projectile to combine with his slow ball. From the looks of this, we have a strong zoner who can safely get in by getting a projectile on the screen and then teleporting, which would also break armor. I'd say there's definitely something to see here.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I think everyone is so thrown off by this shit taste of a video that when we got to the reveal we had already committed haraKiri
Can confirm. I never even made it to the reveal. Glad I stopped watching and found out what we know about him through these posts.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Except Reptile didn't have a mid-hitting acid spit, MMH teleport, or aerial projectile to combine with his slow ball. From the looks of this, we have a strong zoner who can safely get in by getting a projectile on the screen and then teleporting, which would also break armor. I'd say there's definitely something to see here.
We're discussing the fore mentioned fear ball and orb specials. Nice try, but I'm not biting

Edit: reptiles spit was godlike too

So Firestorm looks great and all, but can we talk about how Doctor Fate can get a slow-moving projectile on the screen with enough recovery to hit with another mid-hitting projectile before the slow-moving projectile connects?

[/QU
Yes we can definitely talk more about that @General M2Dave @PLAYING TO WIN
this is the type of zoning that allows for reactionary play. at least a glimpse of it. can't just run in and go nuts. looks like a good start. the high projectile looks like it works like a fear blast in that it becomes a mid at certain ranges. can't wait to see more