What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
So, the fact that I can google "firestorm dc" and find copious pictures of a guy in this costume being on fire and shooting fire at other guys is a mischaracterization?

You'd rather "FIRESTORM" shoot no fire and instead attack with green lantern style constructs?
I'm sorry you want to argue your limited exposure to the character to a Google, but his core design is a flunking high school kid who gets nuclearly fused into a matrix with his Chemistry Teacher, Professor Stein, and his whole set of powers revolves around changing the elemental composition of inorganic matter, thanks to the knowledge of his mentor/teacher. As a matter of fact, most depictions of his powers (nuclear transmutation) resemble something of a green-less construct of matter, so as a matter of fact, yes, his attacks would resemble the infinite spectrum of creativity a Green Lantern is known for, and not a hard resource to pull from.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm sorry you want to argue your limited exposure to the character to a Google, but his core design is a flunking high school kid who gets nuclearly fused into a matrix with his Chemistry Teacher, Dr. Stein, and his whole set of powers revolves around changing the elemental composition of inorganic matter, thanks to the knowledge of his mentor/teacher. As a matter of fact, most depictions of his powers (nuclear transmutation) resemble something of a green-less construct of matter, so as a matter of fact, yes, his attacks would resemble the infinite spectrum of creativity a Green Lantern is known for, and not a hard resource to pull from.
I admire your passion for the character, but let's be honest, Firestorm was only added to this game because he's a leading character on the LOT TV show. And although he has used his transmutation powers in it, 99% of the time he's flying around throwing fireballs and that's what majority of the audience/casuals expect with the character. And in that regard, from what little footage they've shown, NRS did a great job translating that into the game.

I also think we're all making way too many assumptions based on so very little gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of Firestorm, but I think he looks awesome.

JLU51306

I admire your passion for the character, but let's be honest, Firestorm was only added to this game because he's a leading character on the LOT TV show. And although he has used his transmutation powers in it, 99% of the time he's flying around throwing fireballs and that's what majority of the audience/casuals expect with the character. And in that regard, from what little footage they've shown, NRS did a great job translating that into the game.

I also think we're all making way too many assumptions based on so very little gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of Firestorm, but I think he looks awesome.
I'll attest to not watching the CW shows, so in that respect, I can see that if that's the route they're taking with the character, it makes more sense. My experience with Firestorm has exclusively been in the comic-world, and I'm pretty bummed he's not more true-to-form with that.

^^a wise post this is

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I only just got time to watch the video, and holy crap. Whomever edited that should be fired (slightly deliberate pun). They leave in about a minute of them stroking paper and then cut out 16 Bit actually talking about his moves and trait.

I hope they add an actual trailer for him for the WatchTower stream on Thursday.

Had no preconceived notion that he would be depicted using anything beyond his showings on LOT so the disappointment didn't hit me like it did others. The real crime here is how he was presented. Would've gotten more out of a trailer.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't know where all of this "we don't know anything about the character" shit is coming from. We literally have his move set. He has five moves (including variations). I'd say it's safe to assume that "Molten Trap" is another fire-based move. So the only other one we haven't seen (assuming that's his basic throw in the trailer, and not a special), is Atomic Burst (which his somehow different from "Fusion Blast"?). Even when he finally gets some atomic action going on in his super, what does he do? Hits his opponent with giant atoms...

The only good thing I can say about his design is that it makes we want to face palm so hard that it would probably result in some sort of nuclear reaction. So that's pretty neat, I guess.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
people want Firestorm because he has really cool powers.
They didn't use any of his powers.

He is a really goofy character that people put up with because of his mad creative abilities.
They completely ignore anything that makes him cool, so all we got is a goofy looking dude with a boring moveset.

He is basically this games Killer Frost or Ares.
He is just kinda there to be there, and it doesn't look like anyone at NRS had any real pasasion for his character.
killer frost and ares were both really well done. especially ares

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Wish we could have seen more gameplay, but he looks cool. I could see Shang and Shinnok players trying him out

JLU51306

So, the fact that I can google "firestorm dc" and find copious pictures of a guy in this costume being on fire and shooting fire at other guys is a mischaracterization?

You'd rather "FIRESTORM" shoot no fire and instead attack with green lantern style constructs?
I'll own up to my own ignorance, since others have pointed out "shooting fire" is exactly what he does on the CW show. I wasn't aware of that, and by-and-large had my own limited exposure to the character. I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions about your experience with the character.