What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Right, but we still don't know for sure if those are his basic moves or if they're behaving a certain way due to gear. All I'm saying is I wish the reveal trailers didn't include gear so there would be no question about whether the moves as we're seeing them will be a part of their basic kit.
Oh okay! Well, for the record I'm sure that Black Canary is the only one who has used a gear move in her trailer, everyone else's trailer has been their main specials.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh okay! Well, for the record I'm sure that Black Canary is the only one who has used a gear move in her trailer, everyone else's trailer has been their main specials.
I dunno. In his move list, Firestorm has close, medium, and far Magma Trap, but in the trailer it appears to go full screen. That could definitely be the effect of gear.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think the Molten Traps are probably the low shot which you can meter-burn to "trap" them. The shield and the burst are still confusing to me. I think the shield gives him the red aura which gives him buffs on certain moves (and maybe a teleport). The burst might be a totally separate move.

Also, His overhead launches while blue flame trait is active, but splats when he's normal.
I think the shield is the boost aura and the burst is the full body EX Explosion move he does to launch at 1:00 of the trailer.

I dunno. In his move list, Firestorm has close, medium, and far Magma Trap, but in the trailer it appears to go full screen. That could definitely be the effect of gear.
He does two. The very first time it's 3 close range low shots at the end of a combo against Green Arrow. A little after he does a long range one that's one shot EX'd into a holding fire grab against Catwoman.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
He does two. The very first time it's 3 close range low shots at the end of a combo against Green Arrow. A little after he does a long range one that's one shot EX'd into a holding fire grab against Catwoman.
Exactly. And as we all know different levels means different properties for his abilities. This combined with gear abilities might.make him a monster online.

Firestorm has so much potential. Sad they just went the entire "fire" route. I guess they looked up his name and saw he had a flaming head and made his moveset entirely based on that.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I think the shield is the boost aura and the burst is the full body EX Explosion move he does to launch at 1:00 of the trailer.
I was thinking that was the burst too. That would be a 5 bar combo but netherrealm is known for doing that in the trailers. I was also thinking the burst might be the launcher he does in mid air after the trap. Maybe it does something different depending on if they are trapped or not...

trufenix

bye felicia
as a guy who doesn't read comics, i have to admit that im kinda confused that they would name a guy firestorm and giving him a torch head when his main power isnt fire
The original Firestorm was born out of the nuclear energy panic of the late 70s / early 80s, back then all he could do was mess with atoms to set shit on fire. In the 90s they made him an elemental, taking the science out of his powers entirely and he became a weird Swamp Thing except for fire. Then during the 00s they murdered that one and turned him into a black kid from Detroit and his powers stopped making sense. Fast forward a decade or so and now he's just a weird fire green lantern.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
The original Firestorm was born out of the nuclear energy panic of the late 70s / early 80s, back then all he could do was mess with atoms to set shit on fire. In the 90s they made him an elemental, taking the science out of his powers entirely and he became a weird Swamp Thing except for fire. Then during the 00s they murdered that one and turned him into a black kid from Detroit and his powers stopped making sense. Fast forward a decade or so and now he's just a weird fire green lantern.
Sad but true

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
For sure. The fireball looks really good but he needs other tools to compliment it
Close, medium and far traps, aerial torpedo, teleport. These tools look pretty nice to me. Looks like his fireballs might build his trait too which could help him up close (one of his normals changes from a hard knockdown or splat into a launcher in lvl3).

Looks like he could be a really well designed zoner

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
For sure. The fireball looks really good but he needs other tools to compliment it
Judging off the uber early impressions of a 80 second trailer, I think he's the best we've seen so far, which is something I thought I would never say lol. I had Fate pegged but in comparison we got-

-Fastest fireball showcased. EX Fireball is unreactable levels of speed.
-From the ground teleport.
-Close, medium, and far low blast. Close blast looks like 3 shots. EX Blast holds them in place for combo continuation.
-An OH as the 2nd hit of a string, and an OH that splats but when trait is active pops up for a combo.
-Air Torpedo to knock jumpers out the air or to create distance.
-A ground burst move that is done when jumping in the air ala Tremor, that pops up when EX'd.
-A sort of power aura boost. And my personal favorite, the EX version that does an "all around body explosion" that pops up anyone close to you (the AA or all AA's)

As long as his frames aren't uber trash, the Storm is even more impressive than my man Dr. Fate imo.

Judging off the uber early impressions of a 80 second trailer, I think he's the best we've seen so far, which is something I thought I would never say lol. I had Fate pegged but in comparison we got-

-Fastest fireball showcased. EX Fireball is unreactable levels of speed.
-From the ground teleport.
-Close, medium, and far low blast. Close blast looks like 3 shots. EX Blast holds them in place for combo continuation.
-An OH as the 2nd hit of a string, and an OH that splats but when trait is active pops up for a combo.
-Air Torpedo to knock jumpers out the air or to create distance.
-A ground burst move that is done when jumping in the air ala Tremor, that pops up when EX'd.
-A sort of power aura boost. And my personal favorite, the EX version that does an "all around body explosion" that pops up anyone close to you (the AA or all AA's)

As long as his frames aren't uber trash, the Storm is even more impressive than my man Dr. Fate imo.
Good summery. Will need good safe footsie options to have any chance vs people like forever king that will just walk u down.

I'm still looking for that unpredictability factor that sinestros trait gave us. That tool that HAS to be respected and is safe.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Good summery. Will need good safe footsie options to have any chance vs people like forever king that will just walk u down.

I'm still looking for that unpredictability factor that sinestros trait gave us. That tool that HAS to be respected and is safe.
Very true indeed. Seems like Fate, Storm, and Deadshot all have "status type" traits lol. My biggest concern is MUs like Grodd where he can just activate trait and be projectile immune or stuff like Swamp Thing EX mid grab full screen/Long near full screen throw arms, to get close. Silly stuff. Other than that I think zoning is making a return in Inj2 so we'll have some good options somehow someway.

N00B

Noob
Is this guy has some Captain Atom powers right??
Tnis firestorm guy looks silly hahaha

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The more I see the Firestorm trailer, the more I see less of him being a zoner. I see a teleport attack and a standing reset with the traps, although it could be different loadouts, who knows...and the more I see those accompanied with his speed burner projectile, the more i'm reminded of Deathstroke and low gun shots. Are you guys going to make the same mistake TWICE??? because it juuuuuust might look like it.