What's new

Firestorm Revealed. Update: New trailer

I only just got time to watch the video, and holy crap. Whomever edited that should be fired (slightly deliberate pun). They leave in about a minute of them stroking paper and then cut out 16 Bit actually talking about his moves and trait.

I hope they add an actual trailer for him for the WatchTower stream on Thursday.
ya man that was super annoying

Wetdoba

All too easy...
And MKX Reptile. And Zod. Except Reptile didn't have a mid-hitting acid spit, MMH teleport, or aerial projectile to combine with his slow ball. From the looks of this, we have a strong zoner who can safely get in by getting a projectile on the screen and then teleporting, which would also break armor. I'd say there's definitely something to see here.
That aint no mmh teleport, its an mkx quan chi one, nothing to worry about

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
this is the type of zoning that allows for reactionary play. at least a glimpse of it. can't just run in and go nuts. looks like a good start. the high projectile looks like it works like a fear blast in that it becomes a mid at certain ranges. can't wait to see more
I'm just wondering what other options he has besides the fast projectile. That recovery is fast, and if it's fast enough for him to land a teleport, that's a free armor-breaking gap-closer (that I think combos with meter-burn?). You also can't jump it since he's got air-straight-projectile. He literally has the zoning of Zod + Sinestro + Raven.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Screw Fate, THIS Is my main. lol. Totally zoner, fast fireballs and looks cool! I just hope he has his premiere classic skin. LOL@ the people on YT getting into race wars over Firestorm....crazy, but I'm using him legit zoner lol.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
We're discussing the fore mentioned fear ball and orb specials. Nice try, but I'm not biting

Edit: reptiles spit was godlike too
I literally don't know what you're trying to say. And yeah, spit was great, but it was a high. And he couldn't do it in the air. And the start-up on his slow ball was, well, slow.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I pretty much expected them to just go lazy fire with him like the TV show, but watching here I wonder what they'd even do with Starfire by contrast if she does turn out to be DLC. I guess more laser beam-y?

I suppose if they can make ST and Ivy distinct they can do this too. Just feels like the wrong CW DC character to promote when you could've used Vixen or Hawkgirl or even Vibe for more moveset variety.

Lokheit

Noob
Not trying to add to the fire (lame pun intended) but just the fact that he has a couple of fire moves doesn't mean all of his powers will be pew pew fire (he even transmutes himself on the torpedo one).

It's the exact same than saying Poison Ivy would only have punching moves without plants because her gameplay didn't show vines, sprouts and flower buds being used. The exact same.

So chill and wait for the whole moveset. Declaring they had no imagination with him right now is totally unfair (they didn't even throw the meterburn move that 16bit told them ffs). So far the character does things he can do, there is no reason to believe other stuff he can do will be there (and gear moves give a lot of room to implement stuff).

Last edited:

Kokoko

Somehow
Yeah, this announcement was disappointing. But the character can be quite interesting. I hope, NRS will release a gameplay video with him soon. Probably, Fierstorm and Doctor Fate will be my characters.

I'm just wondering what other options he has besides the fast projectile. That recovery is fast, and if it's fast enough for him to land a teleport, that's a free armor-breaking gap-closer (that I think combos with meter-burn?). You also can't jump it since he's got air-straight-projectile. He literally has the zoning of Zod + Sinestro + Raven.
Zod had the best zoning in the last 10 years of fighting games. Fate will still need more than what was shown. Something like Zod low laser or something like wraith that has to be respected and is random. Sinestro trait like