What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters
"Victory! Woo! Good boy!"
"Good boy..."

A new Gen Disc thread has been made to start fresh without the pre-release speculation. Discuss tech, strategies, gimmicks, how to optimize the retrieval of Ferra in Vicious/Ruthless, and almost any other subject concerning the Pygmy Lady and her Faithful Servant; like if they enjoy dancing platonically in the blood of their enemies or something!

The original post will be updated with links to important topics, current information, good video guides and such things as they come.

----[ General ]----

Combo Lab: The FerraTory
Ask Ferra Thread – Information & Q/As
Tactics & Tech Discussion Thread
The Video Thread
Report Patch & Hotfix Changes Here
F/T Council Formation

B1,2,1 Wakeup Tech

----[ Vicious & Ruthless ]----

Beginner's Guide to the Vicious Variation
Vicious: Little Kutter and You + Apply 1xxLittle Kutter to mix-ups
Vicious: Corner Setup Kombo Kompilation
Ruthless: No Pain, No Gain
V&R: Ferra Toss Pressure Inconsistencies and Strategy
V&R: Ferra Jab 50/50 mix-ups
V&R: Unique Wakeup System

----[ Lackey ]----

In-Depth Video Guide to Lackey
The Torrvex: BF3 Charge Okizeme + Overrun Tech Against Wakeup Attacks
B3,2+4 Oki
Boulder Roll Applications and Ideals

.​

Last edited:

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Barely messed around with F/T on my PC version. Character seems pretty good, but I'm still disappointed by their command grab damage. Ruthless command grab does 11% base, which is less than a standard throw. The damage buff makes up for that, but it's still low. Vicious command grab does 12%. Lackey command grab does 14%. All enhanced versions of the command grabs do close to 20%, but I'm still a tad disappointed. So far, Kano(commando) seems to be the game's premier grappler. Oh well. Things may change.

Another little thing, there is a visual indicator to Pain&Gain in Ruthless. Torr's arms drip blood while the buff is active; it's pretty noticeable. Doesn't seem like Pain&Gain can be combo'd into, at least from I've practiced.

I'm enjoying Ferra/Torr. While not the game's premier grappler, I think they're a great power character. Vicious combos deal big damage for little inputs.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
What are your best options(I mean, apart from block or backdash)for Vicious or Ruthless? For Lackey its obvious that the Torryuken:ex is great¡¡

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
What are your best options(I mean, apart from block or backdash)for Vicious or Ruthless? For Lackey its obvious that the Torryuken:ex is great¡¡
Those two have bad Anti air probably because of the fact that the Ferra projectiles are actually pretty good. Aside from the EX charge I'm not really sure what to do about jumpers. I played Justin Wong a bunch of times yesterday and once he figured out he could jump at me he kinda just kept doing it. Had no idea what to do. Also got bodied by his Jacquii full auto spam. It's that day one Deathstroke shenanigans gonna be awhile before I figure out how to deal with that shit.

smile

Noob
Those two have bad Anti air probably because of the fact that the Ferra projectiles are actually pretty good. Aside from the EX charge I'm not really sure what to do about jumpers. I played Justin Wong a bunch of times yesterday and once he figured out he could jump at me he kinda just kept doing it. Had no idea what to do. Also got bodied by his Jacquii full auto spam. It's that day one Deathstroke shenanigans gonna be awhile before I figure out how to deal with that shit.
Standing 1 works fine as an aa for me, maybe you just weren't at the correct spacing. If you're too close it misses. Also you can anti-air with ferra toss lol.

Jaku2011

Standing 1 works fine as an aa for me, maybe you just weren't at the correct spacing. If you're too close it misses. Also you can anti-air with ferra toss lol.
I need to practice that stuff, didn't get into MK9 so I'm not used to standing jabs anti-airing. Didn't even really think of trying it.

smile

Noob
I need to practice that stuff, didn't get into MK9 so I'm not used to standing jabs anti-airing. Didn't even really think of trying it.
I didn't get into mk9 either, but I did watch it. Stream monstering ftw lol
Does standing 1 working as an AA for the lackey variation? Like if the opponent is jumping over you?
For aa yes. For crossups no, but d1 does. Though, if you time the d1 too early or late you will get blown up.

That brings me to my next question, how are you guys dealing with cross-ups? My defense isn't top notch yet because I don't know what every character is going to throw at me, but it seems like someone can just safely jump over F/T?

Audit

Falls down too much
That brings me to my next question, how are you guys dealing with cross-ups? My defense isn't top notch yet because I don't know what every character is going to throw at me, but it seems like someone can just safely jump over F/T?
I've been forward dashing out of them if they're obvious, but it leaves me out of range with for the most part and that's not where Torr wants to be.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
so lackey Torr can actually roll under high projectiles. It only works if you time it right (because NRS hates us) but I can roll under Hellfire Scorpion's fireball and Kitana's air fans. Not her ground fans, 16 bit wouldn't allow that

I'm sure there's more he can get under and I know that the other variants let you just disable projectiles but this is pretty decent to know, Torr roll recovers fast as fuck, so people with high projectiles have to watch out because he can get in quick

Jaku2011

So in Vicious if you wake up with command throw you wake up with the faster Ruthless version of the command throw, not bad to throw out here and there.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
So I found this neat little thing with F/T's ji1

It actually is like a psuedo frame trap, I tested it with my friend and he couldn't even get a 5 frame normal out, and in fact got hit. Can anyone find any uses to this? lol If it hits it actually combos from 111

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
So patch 1.02 just went live, other then net code fixes, costumes and what not. It says "game play and balancing fixes"
With no other real notes on it anywhere to be found....
anyone notice anything different with F/T?

MK Led

Umbasa
Here is some illegal tech I have discovered for ferratorr

While I'm waiting to play in KOTH I just go into training mode and do this over and over again. Also can we talk about how ferra's flying kick in the 4, 2+4 string is the most classic thing.