What's new

Tech - Vicious Apply 1xxLittle Kutter to mix-ups

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
My fellow FerraTorrians, Little Kutter is a great tool for the Vicious variation (like also stated in the other thread made for it). At first glance, it seems impaired compared to the other Ferra/Torr command throws, because it is a 20 frame move. However, there lies its strength; For being slower it is allowed to connect with various normals on block.
Furthermore, I have found that standing 1 punch connects with the command throw even on hit! Upon hitting the opponent, other normals will make the throw whiff, so that neat little exception allows the player to attempt connecting the throw without worrying about getting punished. This doesn't work with the EX version that is 14 frames fast.
An opponent -that is not in juggle state- can always escape a move cancelled into Little Kutter by jump. That is the case also with 1xxLK on hit, even though the frame data showing a total of 24 (19+5) frame cancel adv. should prevent an escape. However, like said in the 50/50 thread, such escape requires a hard read from the opponent. They have to commit to the jump after guessing that you will go for the command throw. Should they guess wrong and you go for another move, they will get hit -even comboed as you will see- in their attempt to jump away from the throw.

Standing 1 is 9 frames, so there is no need to attempt the throw "naked" after a poke hits, like shown in the 50/50 thread. Doing so would be risky because even with D1's +19 fr. adv. there is a 1 frame gap. Instead, should the poke connect, use 1xxLK. If done right away, opponent can't duck 1 because they are at a hit stun state. D3's +14 fr. adv. is also ample for the 9 frame 1 to jail.

A very useful string for mix-ups is 1,1 as _CHINOCUDEIRO_ has mentioned. Offering a meaty +21 fr. adv. on hit, it can be easily hit confirmed into a mix-up consisting of F2 (low bnb starter) or B2, 3, 2+4 (overhead bnb starter) or 1xxLK (9 frame punch to command throw) Throw can be used to finish off opponents low on health. Essentially, same rules with pokes apply, but now with even more time! Little Kutter will connect regardless of them blocking 1 or not. If they block it, there is a 1 frame gap for them to use armor because cancel adv. on block for standing 1 is 19 frames and Little Kutter is 20 frames. While we 're still at the 1, 1 string, I'd like to mention that 1, 1xxBoss Toss is your go to punisher (9 frames fast) for moves that 15 fr. Kaber Toss can't punish.
Another option to apply 1xxLK would be off of a fine tool from Ferra/Torr's arsenal, the one I call IA JBP1 (instant air jump back front punch). This makes use of Torr's incredible arm reach but will hit only if you are right next to the opponent. Basically, you input a jump back punch asap. Holding block together with the jump back direction, then releasing block to press 1 immediately is a way to do it. It offers a combo opportunity like Jip on hit, but B2, 3, 2+4 will not connect:(. F2 & 1xxLK will though. Well that's it for now, hope this enhances some vicious mix-ups :p

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Too bad I can do 1~kutter maybe one time out of ten from the left side and no way I'm doing that from the right :(
But it's a nice find that it connects even on hit.