What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters
B121 is meant to be a all mids but either the in game data is wrong or the hit box is shit! Lots of the cast can duck it clean, so as a safe string it loses lots of utility.

In Lackey you can manipulate where you end up after a normal grab. If you hold towards your opponent until the grab ends, Torr stands close. Don't hold towards and he steps away to 2/3 screen.

Just wanted to post these points before bailing from this game. I loved MK9, but just not got that warm fuzzy feeling with this game. Guess my tastes have changed!

I am trying to learn this char. Is anyone using Lackey? It seems like its almost useless. No teleport, no projectile means you can get zoned for days. The damage isnt exactly crazy either.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I am trying to learn this char. Is anyone using Lackey? It seems like its almost useless. No teleport, no projectile means you can get zoned for days. The damage isnt exactly crazy either.
i use it, its all about pressure. its the best variation imo... if you are getting zoned out u need to use EX Roll to get in, u can pressure with b1,2,1 and mix it up with throws

also b1,2,1 EX Uppercut, NJP, swoop f3,2 is like 30%+ bnb.

i use it, its all about pressure. its the best variation imo... if you are getting zoned out u need to use EX Roll to get in, u can pressure with b1,2,1 and mix it up with throws

thanks. does the torr charge have any use?

I don't really think it beats out Vicious v. most of the cast, but Lackey seems useful against opponents who just think they can run at you. I don't want to rush-down at Lackey Torr if i'm, say, Raiden or K.Lao without a plan. Vicious also gets his commands grab as another jump-in 50/50.

Matador, he trades teleports for reach and a hard 50/50 in overhead (b2,3,2+4) and a hella-low (f2), both net %30+ all day.

I must be the only player that see's F/T as strong.

CamRac

Noob
Vicious also gets his commands grab as another jump-in 50/50.
What do you mean by this? Just curious to know if you have some sort of knockdown setup in mind, or something. The problem with cmd grab in Vicious, is that it literally does as much as regular grab. You'd have to EX it to give it any real use (gain a hit of armor and 7% extra dmg). BUT, even then, EXing your regular grab would give you a chance to run the B2/F2 high/low mixup on them, so it's still probably a better option.

Audit

Falls down too much
I use Lackey over the others purely for the anti-air Torryuken. I've found people that know the variations just jump in on the other two.

thanks. does the torr charge have any use?
When Torr shouts before he charges he's projectile invulnerable. Not Armored, just completely no hitbox. Someone else might know, but doesn't it do OTG damage as well if an opponent delays wakeup?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I use Lackey over the others purely for the anti-air Torryuken. I've found people that know the variations just jump in on the other two.
When Torr shouts before he charges he's projectile invulnerable. Not Armored, just completely no hitbox. Someone else might know, but doesn't it do OTG damage as well if an opponent delays wakeup?
If someone can confirm this it will be helpful. Also, Pain/Gain... does it give armor properties too, or is it just a damage buff? It also stacks correct? I'm guessing up to 3 times ala Bane?

Whooaaa what? Thats legit. So WHILE he shouts hes invulnerable to projectiles?

Also, it does OTG delayed wakeups. Ive done it several times

Audit

Falls down too much
Whooaaa what? Thats legit. So WHILE he shouts hes invulnerable to projectiles?

Also, it does OTG delayed wakeups. Ive done it several times
Yes, I know I've stopped Scorpion's spear on reaction, but the window is fairly small. IT just falls down like it's made of sponge LOL.

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
If someone can confirm this it will be helpful. Also, Pain/Gain... does it give armor properties too, or is it just a damage buff? It also stacks correct? I'm guessing up to 3 times ala Bane?
The actually damage buff gets stacked 3 times, but you can continue to use it after that to maintain level 3 damage buff. Yes it has multiple hits of armor a little after startup.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I'm a big fan of vicious variation due to the range attacks and close pressure throws and grabs. I'm loving these two, they are really awesome.

What do you mean by this? Just curious to know if you have some sort of knockdown setup in mind, or something. The problem with cmd grab in Vicious, is that it literally does as much as regular grab. You'd have to EX it to give it any real use (gain a hit of armor and 7% extra dmg). BUT, even then, EXing your regular grab would give you a chance to run the B2/F2 high/low mixup on them, so it's still probably a better option.
Yeah, just referring to the b2/f2 cop mix-up you get after a normal command throw. The idea is to just tack on an extra %16 (or whatever it is) on top of the jump in combo. Wish lackey had the same throw really. It'd boost its viability imo.

I'm starting to re-think pain-and-gain. The look of the damage is starting to seem attractive.

Lackey on the other hand just feels like you'd be better off picking a different character, but his rush-down and mix-ups are still solid though.

Last edited:
That's boss he invulnerability during start up frames. About to test out out.
I was testing this yesterday. You can do it on reaction everytime from 3/4 the screen. Lackey is damned good, i just need more practice as i drop his f2 starter all the time.

I dont like that his enders from the combo thread all send the opponent full screen. Seems dumb since i pose 0 threat from there. Whatre u lackeys using as enders?

Loogaroo

Noob
So all vicious gets is the command grab and b,f+4?

And how do I stop the game from buffering other moves instead of the grab? For example, I try to buffer the grab out of d+3 or f+3 but the result is, 50% of the time, b,f+3.

I can get mad axis from Julia in Tekken 100% of the time and it's almost the same input. This is just clunky I guess.

Last edited:
So I took this character into practice mode, and just stopped after not much at all. Having such a slow d2 was an extreme turnoff for me in a game where anti-airing is already extremely difficult...

Is there any other way for FerraTorr to reliably anti-air?

Loogaroo

Noob
Talking about vicious.

Ferra/Torr is slow, has okay combo damage, bad armor moves, bad footsies range, bad punishments, an okay throw and bad projectiles.

I call their projectiles bad because all it takes is for someone to block a single one so they can run to your face and pressure you while Ferra is not back.

They only have armor or invincibility with Ex moves but building meter is hard. b,f+3 and throw are the only moves they have for armor and none is doing over 20%.

If you do the throw after a move that's not blocked, you're likely getting launched. And there's no confirming it, so just hope that your opponents blocked the move preceding the throw.

They also have no oki since you can just roll after throw.