What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
His d.2 is +4 on block, i think it was -11 previously.. not sure if this is enough to make it worth using
Its actually looking like its only +3, but I mean its there.
If, for any reason, you're at enough to an advantage to just throw out a 19 frame uppercut with a lot of wind-up, then yeah you can use it here or there.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
so you all know that f2 has been nerfed due too much damage in ruthless. I tried to get as much out of it as possible though and I have pretty much the same result as with two f2 in one combo. 47% after b121, 50% after s4, and 75% with 3 stacks. that means f2 has been nerfed for literally no fucking reason.

I haven't made this video public nor did I make a new thread for this because I don't want pngc to be hotfixed.
@Doombawkz @MadeFromMetal @Wetdoba @Kamikaze_Highlander @Shade667 @ChoseDeath
Great, because that makes all the sense... Thanks for sharing bro. Definitely, truly, NO ONE at NRS plays these two.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Its actually looking like its only +3, but I mean its there.
If, for any reason, you're at enough to an advantage to just throw out a 19 frame uppercut with a lot of wind-up, then yeah you can use it here or there.
If I'm way ahead I always try to raw D2 or F4 to win, lol. Very satisfying smack if it hits!

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
So FT getting the unfair justice also huh? Removing the two knees inside a comop? Guess what, I never used it anyways. I can always get at least 50% without two knee combo. So good job nrs on failing but trying.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So FT getting the unfair justice also huh? Removing the two knees inside a comop? Guess what, I never used it anyways. I can always get at least 50% without two knee combo. So good job nrs on failing but trying.
It was really useful in lackey to get good damage in lackey but now Roll combos do even more.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
So what is the consensus on balance so far? It's early to say, but I think Lackey and Vicious are like solid A. Ruthless feels A+ to me so far but I haven't played with it much.

You can still do F3 twice in several combos. Just popup, F3, F2, F3, then finish e.g. 2, F4 xx DBF1.

F2 is the one we can't use twice in a combo anymore. That's the pancake flip.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
So what is the consensus on balance so far? It's early to say, but I think Lackey and Vicious are like solid A. Ruthless feels A+ to me so far but I haven't played with it much.

You can still do F3 twice in several combos. Just popup, F3, F2, F3, then finish e.g. 2, F4 xx DBF1.

Okay. My FT combos are so basic. I need to learn some better ones. Looking at Winter Brawl CR *forgot his name* FT player was nice to look at.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Okay. My FT combos are so basic. I need to learn some better ones. Looking at Winter Brawl CR *forgot his name* FT player was nice to look at.
Biohazard?

You can also head over to the combo thread or post-patch thread for some new combo ideas. Our combos got a bit more complicated.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

Agreed. I'm digging the new team!

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
What variation were you using? Lackey is pretty good against Takeda in general
Against ronin I use ruthless usually and it works fine actually. Also used ruthless yesterday and I thought lackey wouldn't do well against him. What's the gameplan with lackey against SR? I can imagine you can charge on reaction since takedas Long range normals are quite slow but idk what to do otherwise. I'd be really thankful for some Information about this

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Does anyone have tips for the SR takeda matchup?
I prefer Ruthless against Shirai Ryu. I know what you mean about being at disadvantage, I think after a 1,1,2 hitstring or something, he's like +19 and his low pokes are even plus on block, so just practice and try to get familiar with him so he doesn't trick you so much. Whenever he tele cancels, it's your turn.

Most times they will end
1,1,2 blockstring without canceling into anything and end other blockstrings with Close Kunai, which is like -1 on block. If they're greedy they might try NJP after Close Kunai but it won't work; you can just NJP and you will win. There is a gap in 1,1,2 [gap] xx Close Kunai on block; you can NJP punish safely in that gap. His B2,1, [gap] 2+4 is very negative if you backdash the gap and you can full combo punish with B2,3,2+4. If he does it from max range you could punish with ex Bowl Girl instead.

Fist Flurry is a hard knockdown and after that he will probably mix you up with
B2,1 (overhead starter) and B3 (low starter). Its tough to deal with and you're not realistically going to fuzzy that but it's just slow enough that maybe you can react to it with practice. You could try waking up with ex BF3 in that situation if you want.

His
2,1 is pretty strong AA, so you may want to be conservative with ranged jump-ins if he uses that.

Hope that helps you out some.

Last edited: