What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Against ronin I use ruthless usually and it works fine actually. Also used ruthless yesterday and I thought lackey wouldn't do well against him. What's the gameplan with lackey against SR? I can imagine you can charge on reaction since takedas Long range normals are quite slow but idk what to do otherwise. I'd be really thankful for some Information about this
The usual pressure with B12 stagger, D1, and grab are tough for him to deal with since B12 can stuff his armor some times. His NJP is a good answer to B12 and D1 harassment at maxrange since it can catch our limbs but it is an easy bait and you can EX Torryuken njp on reaction. EX Torryuken also gets us out of the hard to blockables with a jump in kick since it takes us airborne the ground kunai whiff. Also having 2F4 for a meterless punish to his armor now is good too

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Damn this is some really good advice from you guys thanks for that. I rewatched my matches now and realised that I didn't Really know when to press buttons and got caught alot because of that.It seems like I really need to grind that MU alot more.

Man I really hate takeda

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Now that ruthless can cancel 2f4 into PnG he has some nice HKD oki setups anywhere on the screen. A perfectly timed run up b12 will stuff any armor 13 frames or slower.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Now that ruthless can cancel 2f4 into PnG he has some nice HKD oki setups anywhere on the screen. A perfectly timed run up b12 will stuff any armor 13 frames or slower.

Daaaaaaaannng Nice find, I realized a few days ago that maybe we could get two stacks safely off of 2f4, unfortunately not the case. Tho this is the next best thing.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Since the only other Ferra/Torr player I've ever seen is Biohazard besides myself (seriously I think I've played two ever and they were brand new, nothing to learn) I have a question. Do you guys play more aggressive or conservative? I play all the variations and I play other characters, so I don't have a set style. Generally I prefer Vicious and I find myself playing fairly conservatively. I'm just curious. I hate we don't have more representatives but I sure as hell can't travel with my job, and I'm not good enough to place in majors anyway. I don't know what happened to Grrr, but I never see him anymore. But basically is our tandem made to play one way or do you guys feel, like I do, they allow the player to express themselves however they wish depending on variation?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I just can't use anyone else. I'm not equipped to handle more than one character at a time, and Lackey happened to be the one.
Cool bro. Well, thanks for sharing all the sick Tech for him, next time I get to practice I'm going to train those corner carry videos you posted.

Lackey is my least favorite variation of the three and I only use it in certain match ups. I love throwing my little Overseer around, lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Depends on the player and match up, gotta play the opponent. Some players cant handle grab pressure so I grab them a lot, some dont bait armor ever so I use that on them, some run and jump predictably and shpw no signs of patience so I play accordly. Luckily FT can adapt to that stuff pretty well, especially with variations

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
When I play conservative I loose way more often. Idk maybe it's because the game is so focused on being agressive or my fundamentals suck ass:( though I don't yolo run in when I'm fullscreen especially when I can keep them away easily with tosses because the opponents character doesn't have good projectiles. But I prefer being in their face obviously.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Match up dependent, and I'm also pretty garbage in a real fight so take my opinion lightly.

I main Ruthless, and I go to Vicious for counter zoning, even then Ruthless can do an ok job just some projectiles are harder to eat.

A majority of the cast I'll play fairly aggressive, some it's just easier to wait till they fuck up then take 45%, Mileena is a good examples.

Some characters tho I feel like I just have to roll over for. Jax is a good example midscreen I'm ok but as soon as I'm in The corner I just turn into a white girl, I can't even. I need to play lackey more as that's better match up imo.

I just can't use anyone else. I'm not equipped to handle more than one character at a time, and Lackey happened to be the one.
So you can't learn ruthless or vicious?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Ok so it's a mixed bag so far. The only reason I was asking, besides general curiosity, is I've fallen in love with this character and I just want to understand everything about them, lol

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Yeah, it depends on the matchup a lot and also how your opponent plays. But I think I'm relatively conservative with Vicious and Ruthless. I sometimes deliberately walk back, dash back, or jump back in neutral if I read that the opponent will rush forward.

You can just pressure all the time with 50/50s, it does work in this game. But if you want to play it safe and sit back, you need to mix that up with being aggressive too so you're unpredictable. The main reason to be conservative is to punish opponents who take risks.

With Lackey I'm not sure how much you can benefit from conservative play. The opponent should feel no need to rush you down in that matchup and you don't have things like the godlike NJP.

white girl, I can't even.

Yikes, sexist and racist in the same sentence. Not to be overly sensitive, but mods are cool on this?

Topic: Ya'll really feel Ruthless beats Vicious? I just don't see it vs. players who know how to time out the PnG and step the cancels. (I'm talking, like, 4:1)

Vic. nets %31-%36 on BnB's any time he nets a read and keeps the toss.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Yikes, sexist and racist in the same sentence. Not to be overly sensitive, but mods are cool on this?

Topic: Ya'll really feel Ruthless beats Vicious? I just don't see it vs. players who know how to time out the PnG and step the cancels. (I'm talking, like, 4:1)

Just because he said white girl doesn't make it racist or sexist. It's just an online stereotype, lighten up :p

Kamikaze_Highlander

Unless people report me i don't think they care. Its just a joke.

Just because he said white girl doesn't make it racist or sexist. It's just an online stereotype, lighten up :p
Heyy!!! thanks bud.