What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Well with vicious and ruthless you couldn't even do a good midscreen combo with 2 f2 except in the corner (sure in the beta with ex low toss it worked). I think we can get pretty big damage out of it though I have some ideas I'm going to lab out when the update will be up.

Atm it's more about speculations. We will find out how f/t will be changed soon and I'm pretty excited about it!
Whole-heatedly seconded sir

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I just dont understand the choice to remove two D2s in a combo rather than just makes them scale harder if damage was the only reason for taking it out. Or, ya know, dont give us a new combo extender... The double F2 combos are the most fun combos in the game to me and them getting replaced by overhead and low launchers is just stupid
I think it's obvious whoever did that doesn't play F/T :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is part of the reason why I'm unsure about the notes.

They said it was +2, it was never +2. If "more negative" is just making it -3, then its the same as it always was.
They said no f.2 f.2 in a combo but they hit the second f.2 super low.

I have my curiosities.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
it did look like the second one threw em super low.

Like ive never seen it go that low even when delayed to the max.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
so you all know that f2 has been nerfed due too much damage in ruthless. I tried to get as much out of it as possible though and I have pretty much the same result as with two f2 in one combo. 47% after b121, 50% after s4, and 75% with 3 stacks. that means f2 has been nerfed for literally no fucking reason.

I haven't made this video public nor did I make a new thread for this because I don't want pngc to be hotfixed.
@Doombawkz @MadeFromMetal @Wetdoba @Kamikaze_Highlander @Shade667 @ChoseDeath

Wetdoba

All too easy...
so you all know that f2 has been nerfed due too much damage in ruthless. I tried to get as much out of it as possible though and I have pretty much the same result as with two f2 in one combo. 47% after b121, 50% after s4, and 75% with 3 stacks. that means f2 has been nerfed for literally no fucking reason.

I haven't made this video public nor did I make a new thread for this because I don't want pngc to be hotfixed.
So NRS didnt even do one combo to test it out they just made the change and called it a day huh? Yeah two F2s was the source of this magical extra damage NRS, not the new combo extender you gave us. Heres a thought, did anyone at NRS even realize that Ruthless couldnt even do two F2s in a combo mid screen until the gave us EX toss combo extenders? This is just sad now lol

Blewdew

So NRS didnt even do one combo to test it out they just made the change and called it a day huh? Yeah two F2s was the source of this magical extra damage NRS, not the new combo extender you gave us. Heres a thought, did anyone at NRS even realize that Ruthless couldnt even do two F2s in a combo mid screen until the gave us EX toss combo extenders? This is just sad now lol
Yes that's pretty much it. Though lackey can do now a shit load of damage with roll. Toryuken reversal does now 41% instead of 34% and you can get near 40% meterless. I miss Double f2 though and I still do it sometimes because it's burned in my head.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yes that's pretty much it. Though lackey can do now a shit load of damage with roll. Toryuken reversal does now 41% instead of 34% and you can get near 40% meterless. I miss Double f2 though and I still do it sometimes because it's burned in my head.
But they decreased the scaling on EX torryuken... why give them a damage boost if your going to take away a move because it was giving them too much damage?

Blewdew

But they decreased the scaling on EX torryuken... why give them a damage boost if your going to take away a move because it was giving them too much damage?
*nrs logic*:DOGE

It probably has nothing to do with lackey or the damage I think they just wanted to make sure you can't continue After late combo ex low toss. That's The Problem with universal moves every Variation suffer from the nerf even if they actually need it. Lackey still Murders but positioning is stupid now.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
*nrs logic*:DOGE

It probably has nothing to do with lackey or the damage I think they just wanted to make sure you can't continue After late combo ex low toss. That's The Problem with universal moves every Variation suffer from the nerf even if they actually need it. Lackey still Murders but positioning is stupid now.
But you still can follow up after a late toss for the same damage so it did nothing. Whatever their intent with getting rid of two F2s it didnt work because they didnt even bother testing to see if it would make a difference in the damage... loterally the only thing it gets rid of is two F2s... Lackey still gets insane damage from raw armor or anything with an EX Torryuken, Ruthless still gets over 70% for a bar at level 3... so whats the point?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Has anyone noticed any new brutalities though? Maybe throw or EX boss toss? Lackey EX command grab?

Krabman

Noob
NRS is ruining F/t. They give him a ridiculous buff with the ex ferra and I already know they are going to nerf him to compensate. Ruthless was literally perfect before the changes. Vicious should have the ex ferra but ruthless? lol...

Blewdew

But you still can follow up after a late toss for the same damage so it did nothing. Whatever their intent with getting rid of two F2s it didnt work because they didnt even bother testing to see if it would make a difference in the damage... loterally the only thing it gets rid of is two F2s... Lackey still gets insane damage from raw armor or anything with an EX Torryuken, Ruthless still gets over 70% for a bar at level 3... so whats the point?
Funny thing I found it After like... 10 minutes in The lab? It was really not hard to figure out. I hope this not going as public as the beta changes I don't want png or f3's horizontal hitbox to be nerfed.

I'm going to test some brutalities now let's see what I can find.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Well, I'm loving the F/T changes now that they're live. 2F4 being cancellable is my favorite part. 2F4, Boss Toss is 22% by itself.

The EX Ferra projectiles are nice too. I've managed to get 37% off a one bar B121 combo: B121,EX OH Toss, F2, F3, 4, Boss Toss does 37%. I've only managed to get 33% off of a one bar 2F4 combo. 2F4,EX Bowl Girl, D3, F2, 4, Boss Toss does 33%.

I'm liking it. More good damage off of more options in Vicious.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
the F2 nerf sucks if its true. you need to do it twice to retain corner pressure. :(

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem

LOL! We still got the damage.
Can you or someone else test if close Ferra toss still has plus frames? Or is it actually -1 now