What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Ferra & Torr General Discussion Thread

Best novel title for Ferra & Torr?

• The Little Munchkin and her Faithful Servant.

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • The Savage Cutie and her Obedient Brute.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Vicious Dwarf and her Huggy Buddy.

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • The Small Woman and her Adrift Protector.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • The Pygmy Lady and the Hopeless Soul.

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Cutie and the Beast

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
in ruthless vs. vicious I give it slightly to ruthless, only because of better damage output. Overall Vicious is just match up dependent. Not that ruthless can't perform well, just that vicious has better tools e.g. boss toss.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual

Yikes, sexist and racist in the same sentence. Not to be overly sensitive, but mods are cool on this?

Topic: Ya'll really feel Ruthless beats Vicious? I just don't see it vs. players who know how to time out the PnG and step the cancels. (I'm talking, like, 4:1)

Vic. nets %31-%36 on BnB's any time he nets a read and keeps the toss.
So sick of this SJW shit. It's rhetoric, not actual racism or sexism. Maybe give people the benefit of the doubt instead of immediately shouting racist/sexist.

And yes, I think it's pretty clear that Ruthless beats Vicious. Ruthless just does too much damage. Consider that the only advantages of Vicious are Boss Toss and a tick throw.

Timing out the P&G is not even that big of a factor, you're taking a risk if you use it in neutral like that to begin with. The amount of damage you can add to punishes with P&G is enormous. If you hit confirm something like B1,2 in Vicious, you have to spend meter for a full combo or you aren't doing more than around 24%. In Ruthless, all you have to do is P&G Run Cancel and you get a huge meterless combo.

Boss Toss is nice to have sometimes but it doesn't compensate for P&G overall.

Kamikaze_Highlander

I wish I couldn't even, but I'm not cool enough. Count your blessings friend.
What exactly do you mean? Saw your message in the convo about uni getting in the way (i really should be leting uni get in the way but its the other way round right now), if you mean you just haven't had any chances really to get put in Jax's endless corner meat grinder.

So sick of this SJW shit. It's rhetoric, not actual racism or sexism. Maybe give people the benefit of the doubt instead of immediately shouting racist/sexist.

Regardless, it is what it is. I'm not looking to make it it a Trump rally, but what if I'm a "white girl"? Is it cool if I drop a "joke" and how good I am at fighting Jax, and he gets "beat like a black boy"? I was just under the assumption most forums have rules and codes of conduct--maybe this one doesn't.

Thanks for the PnG feedback though.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Regardless, it is what it is. I'm not looking to make it it a Trump rally, but what if I'm a "white girl"? Is it cool if I drop a "joke" and how good I am at fighting Jax, and he gets "beat like a black boy"? I was just under the assumption most forums have rules and codes of conduct--maybe this one doesn't.

Oh there are rules. A few words get auto censored, and the mods care. I know from experience.

And what is 'It'??? So what if you're a white girl? I'm supposed to know who's gonna read my comments and who's gonna get butthurt over a joke?
Honestly, I think that's a fucking hilarious joke. Cuz that's what it is, a joke.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

That's a completely different thing as there's no "black boy" internet joke stereotype where black boys get beaten, that's not the same thing. Stereotypical "white girl" things are a widely understood internet joke, like always getting Starbucks or saying "like, whatever" in their sentences. It's all light-hearted and no offence is intended by it, it surprises me you're unaware of it as it's basically a meme at this point lol.

MK Led

Umbasa
What exactly do you mean? Saw your message in the convo about uni getting in the way (i really should be leting uni get in the way but its the other way round right now), if you mean you just haven't had any chances really to get put in Jax's endless corner meat grinder.
Oh haha, I was just trying to say that 'not being able to even' isn't even a bad thing, so how could the comment be sexist or racist if its practically harmless to begin with. Could have put it in a less confusing way but fuck it lol. And oh man I wish I had the option of not letting uni get in the way, but the end of my current degree is just around the corner where fudge is made, and I really just want to get it over and done with.

But to put this thread back on topic... How are people finding F/T does against the new DLC characters? I haven't had the chance to fight anyone who actually plays them decently yet (last time I played was MKXL release day).

Kamikaze_Highlander

I got bodied to fuck last night by a Sektor, Went with Ruthles cuz there's only one projectile Vicious can stuff so it didn't seem worth it. Lots of plus frames they have, need to remember that most are high though. Leatherface doesn't seem too bad.

Alien is just 9-1 against the whole roster /s

Haven't really faced a Bo yet.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual

Yeah, that's cool too. Say you sent that Jax player back to the cotton fields. I would laugh my ass off if you said that. If somebody says something you don't like, it's your problem and not theirs.

Wanting to censor speech you disapprove of is authoritarian and childish.

The mods tend to be pretty hands off here about deleting or censoring posts because they understand this. If somebody is spamming, being excessively troll-ish, or possibly hijacking the thread, then they might take action. I don't think they will censor a joke because someone got butthurt about it.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I got bodied to fuck last night by a Sektor, Went with Ruthles cuz there's only one projectile Vicious can stuff so it didn't seem worth it. Lots of plus frames they have, need to remember that most are high though. Leatherface doesn't seem too bad.

Alien is just 9-1 against the whole roster /s

Haven't really faced a Bo yet.
Yeah, Alien's pretty dumb right now. Bo is the worst KP2 character. He isn't terrible, he just has serious drawbacks, especially Drunken Master.

If Bo is drunk in Drunken Master variation, you can start a combo on him and if you time it right, stagger the combo just before he vomits, then do another full combo on him while he's vomiting. It's a pretty masochistic variation.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Comparing leg warmers, hot yoga, and pumpkin spice lattes to slavery and racially directed violence.

Yes, obviously Trauma is the one in the wrong here. :DOGE

Either that or you're taking the piss... either way,

I'm doubtful that anyone is going to care that someone makes a joke about white women who "can't even". Partially because that stereotype wasn't generated as a means to lessen or otherwise place Caucasian females in a lower status, it was created by white women whom have coined the phrase and its most common within that specific race and gender. If they didn't say it, then that would be one thing, however as it stands its pretty commonplace knowledge that they do. Not only that, but the phrase carries no negative connotations to it. There's no possible way to actually BE offended by what he said because there is no offensive content within it. The term or phrase isn't tied to any lessening, dehumanizing, or provoking material or situations which would generate the means to be offended by it.

So if you're going to draw a line of comparison, try staying away from actual offensive things like what you put into quotes there and realize its more along the lines of someone reading your shit post and not agreeing with you, because just like that situation you can be offended all you want, that doesn't make the post offensive by nature, it simply makes you an idiot.

On topic: Don't be so sure on that, PnG vs Boss Toss only follows the logic given in a vacuum. In reality, the pressure provided by vicious and the inability for Ruthless to abuse some common aspects due to Mb Boss Toss being much faster and more dangerous and having a better upwards reach can make it skew into the favor of vicious against Ruthless.

Likewise, Ruthless is great when you have momentum against other characters, but if you don't then its a variation which has a distinct weakness against air projectiles and quick pokes. Vicious has neither of those weaknesses, since Boss Toss can be converted off of from trading with a poke, and MB Boss Toss/Boss Toss from mid-screen can shut down some character's air projectile games.

Kamikaze_Highlander

I wouldn't call this a buff, normalization. As it is "normal" for EX command grabs to connect on hit. NRS just doesn't give a shit about FT so my guess is they legit forgot to add the EX command grab mechanic to Lackey

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I wouldn't call this a buff, normalization. As it is "normal" for EX command grabs to connect on hit. NRS just doesn't give a shit about FT so my guess is they legit forgot to add the EX command grab mechanic to Lackey
Everyone else just about got nerfed.

So by comparison, us getting a fix which helps our neutral game is a buff.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Why is EX Command Grab on hit even relevant? The only reason I can think of why you would ever use it is that it's unbreakable damage. You can get way more damage for that bar spent by extending the combo, rather than ending it with a Command Grab.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Why is EX Command Grab on hit even relevant? The only reason I can think of why you would ever use it is that it's unbreakable damage. You can get way more damage for that bar spent by extending the combo, rather than ending it with a Command Grab.
True, not like there's a brutality or anything either. More the point is that we were supposed to get it with the KP2 patch but we didn't

Cuz you want to show them how much Torr loves them. *hugs*

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Well in Ruthless at level 3 PnG B121 confirmed into EX command grab is 40% with most of it being unbreakable. Funny how each of the universal buffs like the hit advantage on B121, 2F4 being cancellable, EX tosses, and EX grab combos all seem to be most effective in Ruthless lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well in Ruthless at level 3 PnG B121 confirmed into EX command grab is 40% with most of it being unbreakable. Funny how each of the universal buffs like the hit advantage on B121, 2F4 being cancellable, EX tosses, and EX grab combos all seem to be most effective in Ruthless lol
But Lackey got it.
Ruthless already had it >_>

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its there for when you need it. Thats all it needs to be there for.
When you need that 24% unbreakable damage, its there. You can have it. You don't need to use it, but its there if you do.