What's new

Fatal Blows must be changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The damage is fine. There's very few characters who can't get similar damage off a bnb. The armor is fine. Very few moves in this game have armor.

Rechargeable is bullshit. Use it and lose it. That's the only change I'd make.
Except they barely scale in combos so if you end your BnB with it you get a ton of damage on top of your normal BnB. As already mentioned Baraka gets 500-600, and i'm sure a bunch of characters have similar combos (maybe not in the 600s cause Baraka's damage is low key busted). I think people are messing up using them as wakeups or trying to interrupt stuff or whatever, I feel like they are better used in combos (BUT I haven't messed around with other characters too much, so maybe that is just a Baraka thing).

Except they barely scale in combos so if you end your BnB with it you get a ton of damage on top of your normal BnB. As already mentioned Baraka gets 500-600, and i'm sure a bunch of characters have similar combos (maybe not in the 600s cause Baraka's damage is low key busted). I think people are messing up using them as wakeups or trying to interrupt stuff or whatever, I feel like they are better used in combos (BUT I haven't messed around with other characters too much, so maybe that is just a Baraka thing).
Some characters should have high damage though

I'm fine with whatever changes they implement except for "It ShOuLd LeAvE ThEm iN LaST BrEaTH / iT ShOuLdN'T KiLL" Nah, you're really just reaching with that one. There's a difference between nerfing them and taking their entire concept and tossing that shit out lmao. Fatal Blow where? Y'all want some "Tis-But-a-Flesh-Wound" Blows tf.

I honestly don't see the big problem with Fatal Blows.

The Damage is fine imo. It recharging is fine imo.

Nerf if, yeah. But it sounds like y'all wanna take it from one side of the spectrum to the complete opposite side and make it useless. (18% damage? Are y'all fckn HIGH-HIGH?)

I also don't think it should be taken away completely if you miss, and I don't think it should take half a year for it to come back either. I think that's fine how it is. (Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 'you only get one try per round to hit it' type of thing. So if I miss it then I can't try again that round.) I also can't describe how often the armor's saved my ass. Some of the points y'all have made are valid. Making them unsafe on block(?) Like, yeah, do that. But if I can get more damage off a 3 hit string into a special move than a FATAL Blow, then y'all outta pocket lmao.
This post right here. Some of y’all sound CRAZY

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
like folks have said they should be more punishable and scale if they arent raw(or just make them do less damage all together.) and of course it should be a once a round even on miss/block. i dont agree with the defense/attack shit either. i disliked that in IJ2 but whatever. theres alot of things that seem unfinished in this game because why would you make a 30% move safe at all? and why would you let it come back.

They need to be addressed for sure. It makes no sense than some characters have full screen armored fatal blows that punish anything you do, when others like Jacqui or Jade have a crappy range or are super easy block.

Problem is all of them are armored (why the hell a full screen FB has armor?) and most are pretty safe on block. FFS... in current state, if erron or kabal miss their FB they should be -1000000 so I can walk all the screen and punish them

MK9

Noob
When they have very little life just make sure your one hit that their armor absorbs is enough to kill.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Some things make little fucking sense, indeed. I mean look at the KB requirements for Johnny and then compare them to Erron Black. Also, his Fatal Blow: full screen like Geras. It's just stupid. Full screen FB shouldn't even be a thing imo but if you do have them, make sure the startup is much longer or add more recovery to them so they can be properly punished on whiff AND block.

The only things that should be done with fatal blows is you use it once whether you hit or miss and your done and having the option to turn it off

I dont have a probelm with FB.I going tell you why FB were put in this game its to make NRS money.Dont get me wrong I love NRS but they are following what other game makers are doing.Winning is fun.Look at all the FP Shooters.Cod 4 WW2 they come out with a Over Powered gun every month and thats best gun thats out.Little Timmy must have this gun to be good.FB were put in this game to make little timmy have a chance to win with no skilled required Press Block and Interactive button I just win the match .
Winning makes little timmy happy so he wants to pimp out his character and he spends more time and money playing MK11.
Lets just hope they dont come out with move sets that will cost and make the game less balanced.
Appealing to not so good players makes them play longer which in turn makes NRS more money.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Why does this work so well in Tekken 7 then? Tekken 7 Rage Arts can only be used once per round, they don't regenerate. They still have armor. They are also punishable on block.

I'm not sure how this would make them "useless". They'd still be a last ditch comeback mechanic as well a massive damage ender for combos. That's what they were designed to be.
You just answered it yourself - they do regenerate in Tekken 7 - once every round.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I have fun watching people troll the ones who reasonably complain.

This specific mechanic needs MORE RISK factor. If you can't see that, you are delusional.

And again: shortcut animation option please.
No. & No.

Fatal Blows are fine. You get ONE. If you die to it the match was close anyway. They are blockable and easy to read. And no shortcutting the animation the violence and gore are the heart and soul of MK. If you can't handle a 5 to 10 second animation maybe you need to see a therapist for adhd. If it makes you mad, you can get some anger management.

It's not healthy to be this sensitive.

Νο
No. & No.

Fatal Blows are fine. You get ONE. If you die to it the match was close anyway. They are blockable and easy to read. And no shortcutting the animation the violence and gore are the heart and soul of MK. If you can't handle a 5 to 10 second animation maybe you need to see a therapist for adhd. If it makes you mad, you can get some anger management.

It's not healthy to be this sensitive.
No sorry. I'm not this sensitive. It's just a scrubby comeback mechanic without risk and I'm totally ok if you rely your wins on that.
As for animations, yes they are 5 to 10 sec, already seen for a gazillion times.

If you use fatal blows, you are a bad player. If you suck so bad at spacing, timing, and reads so much that you have to pull some scrubby, free, insta-win move every time you're about to lose, you're contributing to the cancer that is infesting this game.
As a Johnny Cage player, I'm pretty much handicapped from the start of every match as my character is garbage. I have to worry about projectile spammers, poke spammers, uppercut spammers, bullshit mixups from Sonya and Scrub Zero, teleports, strings that almost always whiff, and to top it all off, fatal blows. Speaking of uppercuts, crushing blows are the reason why these types of players exist. It is a terrible mechanic that shouldn't have taken the place of the stamina meter.
But back on topic, don't even attempt to weasel your way out of this discussion by spewing catchphrases such as, "get good", or "did you lose?"
It's funny, because the only players who I see using fatal blows the most are those that use casual friendly/easy characters: Jax, Scorpion, Geras, Sub Zero, etc. You'd think that because these characters have all the tools in the world, there'd be no need to cheat your way to victory. Nope, it's quite the opposite. These types of players are try hards through and through. These are the same types of players that will play only 1 match, do a fatality you've both seen 100 times, then leave. He'll possibly send hate mail.
Fatal blows are simply the result of bad game design and need to be removed entirely (it won't). Look, play how you want to play. You bought the game, do what ever you want short of breaking NRS' and Microsoft's rules. But if you use a fatal blow against me, or so much as attempt to use one against me, I'm leaving the match even if I'm winning the set or it's obvious I'm going to win.
You are not worth my time.

Bliss

Noob

For all of you dissenters. Here's the reason they have to be changed.

Foxy hit Cassie's b23 low gun shot amp jump 3 s4 bd3 consistently. Cashed out with 40 percent off her d2 crushing blow. He's the better player and every match was stolen from him with Erron's fatal blow.

MK11 Erron Black is such horse shit. Imagine if MK11 sub zero's f4 was an overhead... and He still wouldn't be as good.

It's the most broken launch character they've made. 21212 is a double hitting overhead 50/50 that is -7 on block with push block. Now let's Imagine if Atrocitus could continue pressure after his 50 50 mix in Injustice 2.

Now you add a full screen armored Fatal Blow. Enough waiting around for some "carefully thought out patch." Release a hot fix to normalize this character and strip armor from Fatal Blows. Enough already.
Erron Black is how a character should be in MK11. LOVE him. I don't have the skills to use him like Sonic Fox though. You need top tier talent to get the use out of Erron Black (just like in MKX).

Erron Black is how a character should be in MK11. LOVE him. I don't have the skills to use him like Sonic Fox though. You need top tier talent to get the use out of Erron Black (jus
Erron Black is how a character should be in MK11. LOVE him. I don't have the skills to use him like Sonic Fox though. You need top tier talent to get the use out of Erron Black (just like in MKX).
"Erron Black" and "skills" don't belong in the same sentence or paragraph.