What's new

Fatal Blows must be changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date
While you're patting yourself on the back, sitting through the same animation you saw hundreds of times, I'm in my next match getting better at the game.
HAHAHA good lord this actually made me laugh irl. getting better by avoiding good players? sure buddy keep playing with your artificial rules. you will never be good at this game with this awfull attitude.

MKX running probly wouldnt work because of gear system...so if they could add running without framerate issues on switch itd be fine...but in all seriousness MK11 is better for begginers, so I support any descisions the devs make to increase the longevity of my 100$ purchase.

Also I just want MK11 to be fun! like MK3. WASNT BALANCED BUT WE LOVED IT! MVC2 WASNT BALANCED EITHER! DONT NEED BALANCE JUST NEED MULTIPLE OP OPTIONS IMO...BROKEN GAMES ARE FUN! BALANCE IS BORING!
You have my respect for admitting that MK11 is more friendly to bad players. You make a great point about the gear system too. At the end of the day, it's NRS' fault, not the player. You can't blame the average player for utilizing cowardly tactics. Perhaps NRS should've left Injustice's mechanics to Injustice, and left MK alone. Mixing in videogames is never a good thing.
HAHAHA good lord this actually made me laugh irl. getting better by avoiding good players? sure buddy keep playing with your artificial rules. you will never be good at this game with this awfull attitude.
You didn't read my post thoroughly. Even if I am the better player, I'll leave after the match is over. As I've said, you aren't worth my time. Defending fatal blows tells me that you use them whenever possible.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
@SwiftEagle
Maybe I'm better than I thought I was (though I think I'm a casual maybe even a scrub) but I block the FB 90% the time. They are pretty telegraphed in my opinion. Erron, Noob, and Frost catch me occasionally because they are full screen. But when I get hit with one I can usually blame myself for it.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
You have my respect for admitting that MK11 is more friendly to bad players. You make a great point about the gear system too. At the end of the day, it's NRS' fault, not the player. You can't blame the average player for utilizing cowardly tactics. Perhaps NRS should've left Injustice's mechanics to Injustice, and left MK alone. Mixing in videogames is never a good thing.

You didn't read my post thoroughly. Even if I am the better player, I'll leave after the match is over. As I've said, you aren't worth my time. Defending fatal blows tells me that you use them whenever possible.
Im not really interested in any internet fanboys "respect" just in case any body from NRS sees this thread...I dont want them to think catering to people like you will improve the fgc...in fact I think youre toxic, so thanks, but please stop making games less accesible.

you have 20 years experience on some ppl! if you dont want NRS to help them...YOU are BAD for MK!

okay here is a little bit more advice that apparently wasn't mentioned before. fatal blows get interrupted when you hit them on the first (few?) frames, meaning fb is not a wake up option and you can't mash it to get out of pressure. fatal blows are made for neutral. both players have it. now whats so bad about this.?

@SwiftEagle
Maybe I'm better than I thought I was (though I think I'm a casual maybe even a scrub) but I block the FB 90% the time. They are pretty telegraphed in my opinion. Erron, Noob, and Frost catch me occasionally because they are full screen. But when I get hit with one I can usually blame myself for it.
I agree with you 100%. I rarely get hit with them myself. However, my point stands; they should be removed, at least from ranked sets. I've yet to see a legitimate counter point as to why fatal blows are a good thing and why they should stay.
Im not really interested in any internet fanboys "respect" just in case any body from NRS sees this thread...I dont want them to think catering to people like you will improve the fgc...in fact I think youre toxic, so thanks, but please stop making games less accesible.

you have 20 years experience on some ppl! if you dont want NRS to help them...YOU are BAD for MK!
I simply voiced my opinion on why I think fatal blows should be removed. The topic is about fatal blows. You're the one getting uppity and hostile. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. Constructive criticism is good for a game's longevity. Blind fanboyism and shooting down other opinions like they do on Waypoint or Rockstar forums are one of the main causes of their games' decline in population.

what do you mean? you quit sets because you don't want to deal with it. this makes you the loser. one match means nothing.
Again, you failed to understand the point of what I said. I always play first to 3 in causal matches, sometimes first to 5 if it's an intense matchup. But, if my opponent uses or attempts to use a fatal blow, I leave after the match is over, even if I win, and it's clear that I'm the better player. That particular opponent does not deserve a rematch or a full set.

everytime someone says this it's 100% horseshit. you got hit by it a few times and now you are here complaining. NOTHING about your "criticism" is constructive.
You also stated that you rarely get hit with them. So according to your logic, what you said is also horseshit. Hypocrisy. Please try to stay on topic and give a legitimate counter argument as to why you think fatal blows are a good mechanic in MK11.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
everytime someone says this it's 100% horseshit. you got hit by it a few times and now you are here complaining. NOTHING about your "criticism" is constructive.
I would have phrased it in a more gentle fashion, but yes.
If you weren't getting hit you wouldn't be so mad about them.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've yet to see a legitimate counter point as to why fatal blows are a good thing and why they should stay.
1. They are an interesting come back mechanic. They make games (objectively) more exciting to watch from a spectator’s perspective. If you don’t believe me, look at streams and listen to how hype the commentators get when one or both of them are in fatal blow territory. Everything becomes super tense.

2. They have legitimate counterplay. They’re all incredibly negative on block and whiff. You need to up your punish game if you keep repeatedly allowing your opponent to whiff fatal blows or use them on block. With the exception of certain full screen fatal blows (and even then, most of those are punishable from half or 3/4s screen) you get a full combo punish on them.

3. They are an expendable resource. Everyone only gets one. They can’t really be used for anything other than their burst damage. Some players may choose to keep their fatal blow because the threat of using it alters your play-style. This is them using it strategically.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I agree with you 100%. I rarely get hit with them myself. However, my point stands; they should be removed, at least from ranked sets. I've yet to see a legitimate counter point as to why fatal blows are a good thing and why they should stay.

I simply voiced my opinion on why I think fatal blows should be removed. The topic is about fatal blows. You're the one getting uppity and hostile. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. Constructive criticism is good for a game's longevity. Blind fanboyism and shooting down other opinions like they do on Waypoint or Rockstar forums are one of the main causes of their games' decline in population.
Well, I think they are fine. You can block them. You have one of your own. You get only one in a whole match which means you have to win one without it.

1. They are an interesting come back mechanic. They make games (objectively) more exciting to watch from a spectator’s perspective. If you don’t believe me, look at streams and listen to how hype the commentators get when one or both of them are in fatal blow territory. Everything becomes super tense.

2. They have legitimate counterplay. They’re all incredibly negative on block and whiff. You need to up your punish game if you keep repeatedly allowing your opponent to whiff fatal blows or use them on block. With the exception of certain full screen fatal blows (and even then, most of those are punishable from half or 3/4s screen) you get a full combo punish on them.

3. They are an expendable resource. Everyone only gets one. They can’t really be used for anything other than their burst damage. Some players may choose to keep their fatal blow because the threat of using it alters your play-style. This is them using it strategically.
  1. Your opinion. A lot of people don't like fatal blows simply because they take too long. We've all seen every fatal blow regardless. And in my opinion, I think it's pathetic watching somebody about to win a match due to his pressure being on point near the end of the match, only for the other to win the match, because he pressed two buttons. Commentators exaggerate and scream obnoxiously loud over the smallest things too. Mustard is a good commentator, because he gives good feedback during the match and he isn't annoying.
  2. Not only are some fatal blows half/full screen moves like Erron Black, but they're also armored. With some characters like Kotal Khan, Johnny Cage, and Kano, they have terrible mids and no overheads fast enough get in. All of Johnny Cage's strings whiff and are easily rendered useless by poke spammers. As a Cage player, my "punish game" has to be 120% or I lose the match as I'm anticipating several things at once. Good, legitimate counterplay is spacing, timing wakeups in the corner, or making your opponent make mistakes via zoning if he's too aggressive. Fatal blows are lazy.
  3. Fatal blows aren't as expendable as you make them out to be. If you failed to land it the first time, you get a another chance after 10 seconds. Also, fatal blows aren't just to give bad players a crutch if they're getting beat. They can also be used to cancel into another string-something I do all the time. I love when bad players attempt to use fatal blows against me for a cheap win, only for me to block, and respond with F344 into another F344 into Cage's brutality. They never see it coming, and they lost via pure skill and strategy.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
  1. Your opinion. A lot of people don't like fatal blows simply because they take too long. We've all seen every fatal blow regardless. And in my opinion, I think it's pathetic watching somebody about to win a match due to his pressure being on point near the end of the match, only for the other to win the match, because he pressed two buttons. Commentators exaggerate and scream obnoxiously loud over the smallest things too. Mustard is a good commentator, because he gives good feedback during the match and he isn't annoying.
  2. Not only are some fatal blows half/full screen moves like Erron Black, but they're also armored. With some characters like Kotal Khan, Johnny Cage, and Kano, they have terrible mids and no overheads fast enough get in. All of Johnny Cage's strings whiff and are easily rendered useless by poke spammers. As a Cage player, my "punish game" has to be 120% or I lose the match as I'm anticipating several things at once. Good, legitimate counterplay is spacing, timing wakeups in the corner, or making your opponent make mistakes via zoning if he's too aggressive. Fatal blows are lazy.
  3. Fatal blows aren't as expendable as you make them out to be. If you failed to land it the first time, you get a another chance after 10 seconds. Also, fatal blows aren't just to give bad players a crutch if they're getting beat. They can also be used to cancel into another string-something I do all the time. I love when bad players attempt to use fatal blows against me for a cheap win, only for me to block, and respond with F344 into another F344 into Cage's brutality. They never see it coming, and they lost via pure skill and strategy.
I mean, you might personally find it boring, but the large majority of stream viewers find it hype; as do the players and the commentators of high level matches. Watch the summit matches, listen to the players and the commentators. So even if it is “my opinion” it’s the popular opinion.

I mean if you can’t punish skarlet’s, jacqui’s Sonya’s, Cassie’s, johnny’s, kitana’s, scorpion’s, sub zero’s, jax’s, raiden’s, kollector’s, baraka’s, Liu Kang, Kano, Dvorah, Kotal, Kabal, Kung lao, Shao khan, and jade’s fatal blows that’s your problem and you need to level up. Even Johnny gets a full combo punish on the vast majority of fatal blows. With the exception of a few (which I’ve already stated should be toned down) they are a by-and-large balanced mechanic.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at with the last paragraph. You’re describing legitimate counterplay and thought behind it. It would seem your last paragraph contradicts your entire argument. Either they’re too strong and a crutch for bad players, or they’re punishable and have cool unique uses (such as you described). You can’t have it both ways.

I mean, you might personally find it boring, but the large majority of stream viewers find it hype; as do the players and the commentators of high level matches. Watch the summit matches, listen to the players and the commentators. So even if it is “my opinion” it’s the popular opinion.

I mean if you can’t punish skarlet’s, jacqui’s Sonya’s, Cassie’s, johnny’s, kitana’s, scorpion’s, sub zero’s, jax’s, raiden’s, kollector’s, baraka’s, Liu Kang, Kano, Dvorah, Kotal, Kabal, Kung lao, Shao khan, and jade’s fatal blows that’s your problem and you need to level up. Even Johnny gets a full combo punish on the vast majority of fatal blows. With the exception of a few (which I’ve already stated should be toned down) they are a by-and-large balanced mechanic.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at with the last paragraph. You’re describing legitimate counterplay and thought behind it. It would seem your last paragraph contradicts your entire argument. Either they’re too strong and a crutch for bad players, or they’re punishable and have cool unique uses (such as you described). You can’t have it both ways.
I don't listen to most of the commentators. That's a good point you made about the majority of the playerbase. It explains why Scorpion, Sub Zero, and others never get looked at. After all, most players pick the ninjas, and the developers have always been biased. "Democracy" is a slippery slope.
I never said I wasn't capable of timing and punishing bad players that use fatal blows. Your entire second paragraph is invalid. Again, with the assumptions.
I was explaining how good players don't use fatal blows, instead, they cancel them into other strings. In general, removing them wouldn't ruin the game. You'd all be forced to fight your way out of pressure or the wall. It's a fighting game after all.
Guy's yapping "it's your opinion" at every response here but everything he's saying is his (questionable) opinion too so I don't think any of this has a point
I've told only one person that it's "his opinion". And that was relating to the literal opinion that fatal blows are enjoyable to sit through. We're all anonymous here by the way. There's no reason why you can't addres me or anybody else here like a man and speak your mind/back up your claims.