What's new

Fatal Blows must be changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If you use fatal blows, you are a bad player. If you suck so bad at spacing, timing, and reads so much that you have to pull some scrubby, free, insta-win move every time you're about to lose, you're contributing to the cancer that is infesting this game.
As a Johnny Cage player, I'm pretty much handicapped from the start of every match as my character is garbage. I have to worry about projectile spammers, poke spammers, uppercut spammers, bullshit mixups from Sonya and Scrub Zero, teleports, strings that almost always whiff, and to top it all off, fatal blows. Speaking of uppercuts, crushing blows are the reason why these types of players exist. It is a terrible mechanic that shouldn't have taken the place of the stamina meter.
But back on topic, don't even attempt to weasel your way out of this discussion by spewing catchphrases such as, "get good", or "did you lose?"
It's funny, because the only players who I see using fatal blows the most are those that use casual friendly/easy characters: Jax, Scorpion, Geras, Sub Zero, etc. You'd think that because these characters have all the tools in the world, there'd be no need to cheat your way to victory. Nope, it's quite the opposite. These types of players are try hards through and through. These are the same types of players that will play only 1 match, do a fatality you've both seen 100 times, then leave. He'll possibly send hate mail.
Fatal blows are simply the result of bad game design and need to be removed entirely (it won't). Look, play how you want to play. You bought the game, do what ever you want short of breaking NRS' and Microsoft's rules. But if you use a fatal blow against me, or so much as attempt to use one against me, I'm leaving the match even if I'm winning the set or it's obvious I'm going to win.
You are not worth my time.
Wrong forum, this is not reddit

Wigy

There it is...
I think they need to make it so they don't come back on whiff/block but the issue still stands with shit like errons and geras's. It's still stupidly fast and armoured. They can just whiff punish any movement or normal on reaction, it's like a mega steroid version of scoprions teleport that's safe.

I think if it doesn't land you loose a bar of both meters or the armour goes.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
This is not to encourage a debate. This is reserved for everyone who wants to shut their console off every time they see one of these things and loudly express their discontent.

NRS you've successful made the worst mechanic in your history of 5 games.

The neutral is shut down when characters like Geras can walk half screen and win a match he was losing the entire game.

We understand you thought you were being creative with these cinematics. They're atrocious. They're not animated well. They are game breaking. And they spit in the face of players who spend hours in the lab.

Make stricter requirements immediately.
so much truth my friend . you just said what i was arguing with my young brother yesterday lol . There is a lot of good things in mk 11 , but some mechanics are stupid .

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I honestly don’t have any issues with fatal blow as a universal mechanic; just certain character’s fatal blows.

I think perhaps across the board the cool down needs to be increased (by like 3-5 seconds) and individual fatal blows need to be “normalised”.

For example, if Erron Black and Frost are going to have full screen, fast fatal blows; they should not have armour on theirs.

If Geras is gonna reach half screen, then it should be -45 on block so every character can dash up and full combo punish, or do 25% damage instead, or hit high, or be much slower.

In general though all fatal blows are already very negative on block or whiff and highly punishable. I don’t think this aspect of them needs to be universally nerfed. I also don’t think they all need to universally have armour removed or be universally slowed down. I don’t think they should go away completely on block or whiff.

My vision for fatal blows would be to make them have a unique purpose for each character. Rather than a universal “get off me” if they were useful as a combo ender for some, whiff punisher for others, launcher/combo extended for more others, pressure/plus frames for someone else, armour interrupt for yet some else still etc. this would make each unique and fit for purpose.

For example, if Skarlet is going to have shocking range on hers, reduce the damage and make it +8 on block so she gets pressure after it.

Make people think more about using their fatal blow or saving it for its either gimmicks.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
My only thought is that they should have actual motion inputs. Double quarter circle or whatever. That way it actually takes a bit of skill to use them as punishes.
Calling them poorly animated is downright idiotic, though.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

They should do around 18%/23% damage, so at least your opponent doesn't get to kill you with it when you don't even have access to it.

Make them permanently go away on miss and wiff and make them PLUS on block. Yes, PLUS. That way people migh start using it for the plus frames and we wont have to see those fucking animations every match.
Great idea . that would be very good for the game .

If you use fatal blows, you are a bad player. If you suck so bad at spacing, timing, and reads so much that you have to pull some scrubby, free, insta-win move every time you're about to lose, you're contributing to the cancer that is infesting this game.
As a Johnny Cage player, I'm pretty much handicapped from the start of every match as my character is garbage. I have to worry about projectile spammers, poke spammers, uppercut spammers, bullshit mixups from Sonya and Scrub Zero, teleports, strings that almost always whiff, and to top it all off, fatal blows. Speaking of uppercuts, crushing blows are the reason why these types of players exist. It is a terrible mechanic that shouldn't have taken the place of the stamina meter.
But back on topic, don't even attempt to weasel your way out of this discussion by spewing catchphrases such as, "get good", or "did you lose?"
It's funny, because the only players who I see using fatal blows the most are those that use casual friendly/easy characters: Jax, Scorpion, Geras, Sub Zero, etc. You'd think that because these characters have all the tools in the world, there'd be no need to cheat your way to victory. Nope, it's quite the opposite. These types of players are try hards through and through. These are the same types of players that will play only 1 match, do a fatality you've both seen 100 times, then leave. He'll possibly send hate mail.
Fatal blows are simply the result of bad game design and need to be removed entirely (it won't). Look, play how you want to play. You bought the game, do what ever you want short of breaking NRS' and Microsoft's rules. But if you use a fatal blow against me, or so much as attempt to use one against me, I'm leaving the match even if I'm winning the set or it's obvious I'm going to win.
lmao git gud scrublord.

I need help here. I’m totally unable to tell if this is an immaculate troll or if it’s a copypasta from reddit.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

I need help here. I’m totally unable to tell if this is an immaculate troll or if it’s a copypasta from reddit.
why »? are you people all godlike players »? is there anything this men said that is not true ? you people just like to show how good you are , when in reality , you all struggle with the same problems . When people mention something that they dont like in the game , its because they suck or they are not playing the game well .lol Nice logic .

why »? are you people all godlike players »? is there anything this men said that is not true ? you people just like to show how good you are , when in reality , you all struggle with the same problems . When people mention something that they dont like in the game , its because they suck or they are not playing the game well .lol Nice logic .
He said that if you use a fatal blow against him, win or lose, he’s leaving the game. That’s pretty funny to me, sorry man.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I think it's a fairly universally accepted rule of game design that you don't make players watch the same cinematic over and over again, no matter how cool it is. I don't think NRS understand this.
I've seen Dantes LVL1 super in MVC3 / UMVC3 probably a million times and never ever have I complained. And UMVC3 is without the shadow of a doubt the hypest and most popular game we've had in the past during big tournaments. It was dominating in terms of the entrance and viewership numbers. And half of the matches consisted out of Super animations.

On topic:
I've followed the Summit and I have to say that Fatal Blow brought a lot of tension and hype to matches, no matter if they had whiffed or landed. And when they landed and the opponent still survived and made a clutch comeback, it was even more hype and insane. This might be an unpopular opinion: But I feel like Fatal Blows are a great thing for the future of Mortal Kombats viewing experience.
In casuals Fatal Blows might very well be an entirely different topic.

Afumba

Noob
I've seen Dantes LVL1 super in MVC3 / UMVC3 probably a million times and never ever have I complained. And UMVC3 is without the shadow of a doubt the hypest and most popular game we've had in the past during big tournaments. It was dominating in terms of the entrance and viewership numbers. And half of the matches consisted out of Super animations.

On topic:
I've followed the Summit and I have to say that Fatal Blow brought a lot of tension and hype to matches, no matter if they had whiffed or landed. And when they landed and the opponent still survived and made a clutch comeback, it was even more hype and insane. This might be an unpopular opinion: But I feel like Fatal Blows are a great thing for the future of Mortal Kombats viewing experience.
In casuals Fatal Blows might very well be an entirely different topic.
My experience was exactly the opposite. For me most of the FB moments were totally antihype. Just sat there and shook my head and thinking how cheap that was.
But at least i enjoyed Summit overall so far.

Wrong forum, this is not reddit
There are several people here that actually use Reddit spacing, yet that was the conclusion you drew. No refutations regardless, which leads me to believe you guys are those types of players. Feel free to prove to everyone how fatal blows aren't bad game design, and why they should remain.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
this thread should be locked. You do not even want to discuss it, or ask for help. You just want to complain becuase you can't be bothered learning the mechanisms of the game and how to play it. Sad.
Isnt that sad, when players think theyre better game designers than NRS? I want to play MK11! Not whiny entitled patch fighter 2020! go play SFV for that shiz.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Two things. Fatal blows should take at least 12 seconds to come back. And they need to add a mechanic that allows both people to press a button thus agreeing to skip the animation
are you even real?
The animation has a mechanic itself which you can use to boost fatal blow damage or boost defense to minimize fatal blow damage, you can't skip that.

Wouldn't getting better also include coming back from a health deficit? Also, how are Fatal Blow animations any different from sweeps, uppercuts, bread & butter combo and other moves that are repeated?
You didn't come back from a health deficit. The game came back for you. Fatal blows were implemented, because of the amount of whiners on MKX that complained about combos. Fatal blows are there to give bad players a chance, instead of having them learn like everybody else. Unlike xrays, you keep getting them after 10 seconds. Also, you're comparing fatal blows to combos and other basic moves, that's ridiculous. The animations are annoying too. Just because we all love MK, doesn't mean we have to fanboy around obvious flaws that need to be fixed.
I swear if you guys knew what a block button was for you'd save yourself some tears. Learn defense.
Easier said than done. I've heard someone else use this argument while we were discussing how Sub Zero 2 or 3 different overheads along with 50/50s.
Isnt that sad, when players think theyre better game designers than NRS? I want to play MK11! Not whiny entitled patch fighter 2020! go play SFV for that shiz.
What did you have against the stamina meter in MKX? Also, is every character in MK11 balanced in your opinion?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
You didn't come back from a health deficit. The game came back for you. Fatal blows were implemented, because of the amount of whiners on MKX that complained about combos. Fatal blows are there to give bad players a chance, instead of having them learn like everybody else. Unlike xrays, you keep getting them after 10 seconds. Also, you're comparing fatal blows to combos and other basic moves, that's ridiculous. The animations are annoying too. Just because we all love MK, doesn't mean we have to fanboy around obvious flaws that need to be fixed.

Easier said than done. I've heard someone else use this argument while we were discussing how Sub Zero 2 or 3 different overheads along with 50/50s.

What did you have against the stamina meter in MKX? Also, is every character in MK11 balanced in your opinion?
MKX running probly wouldnt work because of gear system...so if they could add running without framerate issues on switch itd be fine...but in all seriousness MK11 is better for begginers, so I support any descisions the devs make to increase the longevity of my 100$ purchase.

Also I just want MK11 to be fun! like MK3. WASNT BALANCED BUT WE LOVED IT! MVC2 WASNT BALANCED EITHER! DONT NEED BALANCE JUST NEED MULTIPLE OP OPTIONS IMO...BROKEN GAMES ARE FUN! BALANCE IS BORING!

Last edited: