What's new

Fatal Blows must be changed

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date
That's a personal dilemma. You'll understand what I'm talking about when you start playing high level matches.
said the scrub who can't deal with fb. anyway if you ever get halfway decent at the game you will realise that fb is a fair and fun mechanic that shouldn't be nerfed. go watch 100 high level matches. you won't see fb recharge more than a few times.

Last edited:
said the scrub who can't deal with fb. anyway if you ever get halfway decent at the game you will realise that fb is a fair and fun mechanic that shouldn't be nerfed. go watch 100 high level matches. you won't see fb recharge more than a few times.
By all means, make all paypal account. I'll give you 1,000 dollars if you can't point out anywhere in my posts where I said I couldn't handle fatal blows. It's crazy how people jump to conclusions like a hivemind. I'm more than willing to give you my gamertag so we can play. You can even use Geras.
And I never said I want them nerfed, but removed entirely.
not gonna lie this kind of triggered me. if this game had ranked i could tell you fuck off rookie.
Which character do you use? Just curious.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Some fatal blows are longer than others. So no, it's not that long, especially against good players. Grasping at straws.
30% is one combo. At 30% you are deadmeat.
If you miss with your FB you have to survive to seconds at death level health my dude.
It is you who are grasping at straws. We get it, you got by a FB and got salty.

Fatal Blows are fun. And good for entertainment too. It requires you to have skillful defense and not rely on your offense. Practice some defense. It's half the game you are ignoring.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I mean, you might personally find it boring, but the large majority of stream viewers find it hype; as do the players and the commentators of high level matches. Watch the summit matches, listen to the players and the commentators. So even if it is “my opinion” it’s the popular opinion.

I mean if you can’t punish skarlet’s, jacqui’s Sonya’s, Cassie’s, johnny’s, kitana’s, scorpion’s, sub zero’s, jax’s, raiden’s, kollector’s, baraka’s, Liu Kang, Kano, Dvorah, Kotal, Kabal, Kung lao, Shao khan, and jade’s fatal blows that’s your problem and you need to level up. Even Johnny gets a full combo punish on the vast majority of fatal blows. With the exception of a few (which I’ve already stated should be toned down) they are a by-and-large balanced mechanic.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at with the last paragraph. You’re describing legitimate counterplay and thought behind it. It would seem your last paragraph contradicts your entire argument. Either they’re too strong and a crutch for bad players, or they’re punishable and have cool unique uses (such as you described). You can’t have it both ways.
Amen.

holly shit you come here, complain about how it's "bad gamedesign" and it should be removed and then you are like "nah man i can totaly deal with it" . who are you fooling? and what do you mean with "even geras"? your whole attitude is bad. you get destroyed online and your first conlusion is that somethings wrong with the game. git gud. i play erron btw. you would probably call him a scrubcharacter. be honest how old are you?

30% is one combo. At 30% you are deadmeat.
If you miss with your FB you have to survive to seconds at death level health my dude.
It is you who are grasping at straws. We get it, you got by a FB and got salty.

Fatal Blows are fun. And good for entertainment too. It requires you to have skillful defense and not rely on your offense. Practice some defense. It's half the game you are ignoring.
Nice of you to join the conversation. Feel free to read my post.
holly shit you come here, complain about how it's "bad gamedesign" and it should be removed and then you are like "nah man i can totaly deal with it" . who are you fooling? and what do you mean with "even geras"? your whole attitude is bad. you get destroyed online and your first conlusion is that somethings wrong with the game. git gud. i play erron btw. you would probably call him a scrubcharacter. be honest how old are you?
So you think just because I don't like something about the game, it means I'm bad at the game? Another jump. Flawed logic.
"Erron Black"
Thanks for proving my point in my first post. Easier to read than a book.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
To people who have the "Lmao just block idiot" mentality, the dislike for fb is a lot deeper than that. No body is holding up a sign saying "BAn FAteL BlOws" when they say they don't like them. They become repetitive and stale real quick, its a nice novelty at first but that's all it is. A novelty. Something that's for ooh's and ah's. And it wears off, i hate watching other people play in tourney's who use it because they're a pain to sit through, I always end up looking at my wrist watch and tap my foot in inpatience when I see it. I got no quams blocking and so do a lot of other people, even the mere act of someone attempting fb is eyerolling. Brutalities take more skill and are more satisfying when it's accomplished, even if I'm on the recieving end then I'm like "haha good job". Plus brutalities are quicker and not a 30 second cutscene. On top of that they're fun to counter a player when you detect someone who is trying to meet the brutality requirements, so its a race to the end. Either way whether I'm triggering a brutality or preventing it, the mind game is fun. Countering fatal blows doesn't bring the same satisfaction. Key word 'countering' because a lot of you assume that people who don't like fatal blows can't block. None of us are going to change the others side minds so even the mere act of agreeing to disagree can prevent anyone from getting 'triggered'. I see a lot of people calling each other idiots and losers instead of 'each to their own then' and moving on.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If anyone here played Raiden in MKX, you'll remember how negative on block his B2 was. That should be what Fatal blows are. Your fatal blow gets blocked., you're reaction should be... oh fuck.
They’re basically like that already? Most are -25 or worse.

Try it out in training mode. I think you’ll find it’s much more punishable than your initial thoughts.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm just one guy. I'd be happy if they just took them out of ranked sets though. Fatalities too.
They’re a core mechanic. That’s like asking for wake up roll to be removed because it stuffs up your meaty.

The truth of the matter is in only a few cases is the mechanic too strong (some characters with fast full screen FB) and on the whole it’s a balanced mechanic which many people like and provides hype and a useful comeback mechanic.

It’s ok for you to not like it. It’s not ok for you to bitch and moan and say they should be removed/nerfed to uselessness/banned from ranked.

I’m not even going to touch on the fact you said fatalities should be removed from a Mortal Kombat game.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
are you even real?
The animation has a mechanic itself which you can use to boost fatal blow damage or boost defense to minimize fatal blow damage, you can't skip that.
The damage is negligible... id rather take the 3 extra percent than watch the animations any more. It was a lazy way of making the fatal blows interactive. In the end... the mini game involved with them will mean nothing..... so lets get back to the battle.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
They should get rid of the recharge on whiff. Nerf shit like Erron Black's fb somehow. Buff Cassie's atrocious fb. This much is necessary imo.

I told youse so... If you dumb down a mechanic that was traditionally designed to be either earned (via meter), or given as a last gasp desperation, with strict execution and threshold requirements (Art of Fight, Fatal Fury etc.), but then try to "balance" its abuse/overuse using only HP (be that when it becomes available and/or what damage it inflicts), you end up with a Naruto/DBZ style, kiddie titillating turd mechanic.

Here's your "accessibility", bros... Enjoy your brain rot :rolleyes:

They’re a core mechanic. That’s like asking for wake up roll to be removed because it stuffs up your meaty.

The truth of the matter is in only a few cases is the mechanic too strong (some characters with fast full screen FB) and on the whole it’s a balanced mechanic which many people like and provides hype and a useful comeback mechanic.

It’s ok for you to not like it. It’s not ok for you to bitch and moan and say they should be removed/nerfed to uselessness/banned from ranked.

I’m not even going to touch on the fact you said fatalities should be removed from a Mortal Kombat game.
it's a mechanic that, if removed, wouldn't affect the game in a negative way. Having an armored ability to automatically deal at least 300.00 damage to your opponent when you're about to lose is cheap, lazy, and overall, bad game design. It's perfectly ok if you need a crutch to help you win the game. It's also perfectly fine for me to voice my opinion on the subject, because I bought the game with money too. And I already said they won't remove it. You've admitted that it's too scrubby when it comes to certain characters, even for you.
As far as fatalities are concerned, I don't do them online. Once in a while maybe in King of the Hill. But they're a waste of time in general. They barely do them in tournaments. Brutalities are quicker and much better anyway.
Careful with the stawman.

I told youse so... If you dumb down a mechanic that was traditionally designed to be either earned (via meter), or given as a last gasp desperation, with strict execution and threshold requirements (Art of Fight, Fatal Fury etc.), but then try to "balance" its abuse/overuse using only HP (be that when it becomes available and/or what damage it inflicts), you end up with a Naruto/DBZ style, kiddie titillating turd mechanic.

Here's your "accessibility", bros... Enjoy your brain rot :rolleyes:
Agreed. I've noticed that the majority of people that play MK don't really play other fighting games. MK is casual enough as it is. It makes sense for them to defend such a crutch.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
To people who have the "Lmao just block idiot" mentality, the dislike for fb is a lot deeper than that. No body is holding up a sign saying "BAn FAteL BlOws" when they say they don't like them. They become repetitive and stale real quick, its a nice novelty at first but that's all it is. A novelty. Something that's for ooh's and ah's. And it wears off, i hate watching other people play in tourney's who use it because they're a pain to sit through, I always end up looking at my wrist watch and tap my foot in inpatience when I see it. I got no quams blocking and so do a lot of other people, even the mere act of someone attempting fb is eyerolling. Brutalities take more skill and are more satisfying when it's accomplished, even if I'm on the recieving end then I'm like "haha good job". Plus brutalities are quicker and not a 30 second cutscene. On top of that they're fun to counter a player when you detect someone who is trying to meet the brutality requirements, so its a race to the end. Either way whether I'm triggering a brutality or preventing it, the mind game is fun. Countering fatal blows doesn't bring the same satisfaction. Key word 'countering' because a lot of you assume that people who don't like fatal blows can't block. None of us are going to change the others side minds so even the mere act of agreeing to disagree can prevent anyone from getting 'triggered'. I see a lot of people calling each other idiots and losers instead of 'each to their own then' and moving on.
Because one side is actively trying to take something the other likes out of the game.
It is already part of the game. Practice some defense instead of trying to remove a feature.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Agreed. I've noticed that the majority of people that play MK don't really play other fighting games. MK is casual enough as it is. It makes sense for them to defend such a crutch.
If you don't like Mortal Kombat why did you buy it?
Why are you on an MK forum attacking MK fans?
Stop tryjng to take the things that make MK different away by crying.
If these other games are better maybe go play them, just saying. You clearly don't like MK.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Because one side is actively trying to take something the other likes out of the game.
It is already part of the game. Practice some defense instead of trying to remove a feature.
This is just 1 person who posted this thread, they don't speak for the rest of people who don't like fatal blows, I'm sensing some projecting here

If you don't like Mortal Kombat why did you buy it?
Why are you on an MK forum attacking MK fans?
Stop tryjng to take the things that make MK different away by crying.
If these other games are better maybe go play them, just saying. You clearly don't like MK.
If anybody can quote me saying I hate MK, I'll post a video on here uninstalling the game, before deleting my account here. Notice the feminine talking points: "Why are you attack me?"

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
If anybody can quote me saying I hate MK, I'll post a video on here uninstalling the game, before deleting my account here. Notice the feminine talking points: "Why are you attack me?"
Nothing wrong with femininity.
But, not wanting to be attacked is a human thing not a man or woman thing.

You were implying MK wasn't as good as other fighters and that it was for "casuals".
Sorry you don't know how to block. Maybe if you weren't a casual youself you wouldn't lose to Fatal Blows. Sorry you are bad. Maybe try Tekken or something since you can't hang with us lowly MK casuals because you don't block.