What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr F/T is bottom 5! Lets do this.

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
the real question is do we know enough about all the characters and their variations to have a real bottom 5?
Of course not, but do you want to wait a year or two before any changes are made to the game just to be sure where a characters tier placement is?

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Of course not, but do you want to wait a year or two before any changes are made to the game just to be sure where a characters tier placement is?
No you say "these are the weaknesses of my character" and figure out how to get around them because im sure as hell you guys can figure something out. Who gives a shit what the tier placement is. Theres still plenty to be found and its dumb that people are coming to these conclusions less than 8 months in the game

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
No you say "these are the weaknesses of my character" and figure out how to get around them because im sure as hell you guys can figure something out. Who gives a shit what the tier placement is. Theres still plenty to be found and its dumb that people are coming to these conclusions less than 8 months in the game
If you think we are just saying that we're bottom 5 and we have no chance at winning then you're wrong. We have players like @RM_Biohazard and @cR_whiteboi who are traveling and representing at tournaments. We have players like @Doombawkz and @Parnak who are constantly trying to find new dirt for our character. We have a great community who have been collaborating to make the most of our character. Just because we point out flaws like a mid hitting high or having a variation based around a useless damage buff doesn't mean we aren't working with what we have.

Don't try talking about something you are ignorant about.

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
If you think we are just saying that we're bottom 5 and we have no chance at winning then you're wrong. We have players like @RM_Biohazard and @cR_whiteboi who are traveling and representing at tournaments. We have players like @Doombawkz and @Parnak who are constantly trying to find new dirt for our character. We have a great community who have been collaborating to make the most of our character. Just because we point out flaws like a mid hitting high or having a variation based around a useless damage buff doesn't mean we aren't working with what we have.

Don't try talking about something you are ignorant about.
im not saying you guys aren't doing good, you guys totally are! this isn't singling out players of any character in particular. calling out people who make threads dedicated to why they think character x sucks and make the bold ass bottom 5 statement with titles suggesting that they are demanding buffs. there's pointing out their flaws and theres naming your thread "f/t is bottom 5 lets do this" which the title suggests "hey lets just say our character is bottom 5 so we can get buffs" which is what i have a problem with.

SEV

Noob
It seemed like this thread was mainly made as a bit of a joke, and not actually serious, because GGA PPJ put him in his bottom 5 on that tier list he made.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
It seemed like this thread was mainly made as a bit of a joke, and not actually serious, because GGA PPJ put him in his bottom 5 on that tier list he made.
the new patch has been out for liek 3 days and we already have a tier list?

Raegn21

Noob
You can wake up without Ferra in Ruthless and Vicious, she will automatically jump on Torr back during the animations!

Also, i feel that the 1-1-2+4 string should be an overhead with torr swinging Ferra clockwise (not counter-clock like he does).
There's also times during :d-:l-2 (Ferra Toss? or is it bowgirl?) ferra will just fall on the ground if your are hit before she reacher the opponent, i feel like that should not happen.
And give Torr sub zero :l-2! :oops: (pretty please with ferra on top?!)
i gave it some test runs in practice and yeah, you can wakeup with Vicious but the timing seems rather strict compared to other characters. like sometimes ill try to wakeup charge and think i missed the window so i do the input again which results in me wasting 2 bars on a wakeup charge -_-

isnt 1 1 2+4 already overhead? even if its not that move needs to launch the opponent higher so we can actually do something with it. only time ive been able to use it as a combo starter is in the corner and even then i can only land a d1 to float the opponent for a b1 2 1 -> charge (basically, its not worth using imo)

and i think the Ferra Toss, Bowl Girl, and Boss Toss all lose their hitboxes because Ferra negates all projectiles that she clashes with. so i think it works fine that the tradeoff for her negating potential damage is that if they hit you you lose your potential damage. kinda evens out the damage negation imo.

and i will continue to rep that Boss Toss needs an ex version that allows Torr to move independently of Ferras animation as well as alter Ferras final hit to stagger the opponent instead of knocking them down. so many characters get moves that offer a stagger animation already (some are even meterless) so i dont see why they couldnt give F/T something to work with as well. Tanya (kobu jutsu), Erron Black (outlaw), scorpion (all), sub zero (all), dvorah (swarm queen), etc.

and dont even get me started on Ermacs master of souls variation. it restands the opponent, holds them in place for about 3 seconds (which is more than enough time for an Ermac player to assume whatever position they want), and should they wish to opt for a njp combo rather than a jump in combo the soul ball can be detonated for a rather high launch all for free. and if that wasnt bad enough Ermac lands the most consistent 30-37% combos ive ever seen which is even further supplemented by how quickly the orbs spawn around him regenerate. but im getting distracted now, so Ermac rant is officially over.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I really want a better hitbox on B121 and a EX move to extend combos. It would help vicious out alot for dealing punishment

Wetdoba

All too easy...
F/T's punish game is severely lacking. Lackey is the only one that get's worthwhile punishes but it still requires a bar. Also our mid's especially B121 need to be fixed because that shit misses high on at least half the cast and I use that as my main pressure and meter building string, it really shouldn't be whiffing on crouching opponents when it clearly says it all hits mid. NRS needs to fix B121 like they fixed Jason's B122 to hit mid on all crouching characters

Wetdoba

All too easy...
We honestly also need a new normal for anti airing, something like Goro's U1 or U2 where Ferra stabs them like our D1. We have the biggest hurtbox in the game and slowest movement as we are suppose to be a defensive space control character yet we can't control the most important space of all, right on top of us. The only option we have against cross overs that jail us into a three way guess is forward dashing underneath them to get out. However if that forward dash is not directly at the beginning of their jump, as in on a read not reaction, then they will already cross over and we will do a backdash instead that is so terrible in combination with our huge hurtbox that we just eat the jump in anyway

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
I know people will think this is completely OP...just let roll launch like mileenas, same properties making it unsafe, meaning its only use will be for punishing, dont even want the extra damage. If they can scale the damage to what he can get already then that will, without a doubt help lackey. cant really comment on the other variations, still don't have enough experience with them, but the fact they cant punish is what put me off. Lackey needs the extra meter for the zoning match ups not punishing for 30%.

Roll launch wouldnt make him op, maybe make him on par with the rest of the cast

Also they might as well chuck a few more frames of invincibility on the start up to charge :p

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I know people will think this is completely OP...just let roll launch like mileenas, same properties making it unsafe, meaning its only use will be for punishing, dont even want the extra damage. If they can scale the damage to what he can get already then that will, without a doubt help lackey. cant really comment on the other variations, still don't have enough experience with them, but the fact they cant punish is what put me off. Lackey needs the extra meter for the zoning match ups not punishing for 30%.

Roll launch wouldnt make him op, maybe make him on par with the rest of the cast

Also they might as well chuck a few more frames of invincibility on the start up to charge :p
I think that would be a little much and give him way too much combo potential for meterless damage. I think roll should just have less recovery on whiff so we can use it for movement better. Only thing I think they really need at this point is a couple of fixes, mostly to their mids not actually hitting mid. B121 and S2 specifically

Karnage

It probably seems a bit much but at the moment there are characters who have fast meterless punishing ability that completely surpasses lackey damage. It would just bring him in the mix. I wouldnt want it to mess with his combo ability, bnbs should stay the same so they would need to make sure the gravity in the combo stays the same...
for example....
b121xxroll, f2, f3, 4xxdbf1 (make it do about 30%)

i wouldnt want roll to be used as an extender to the current bnbs...f2..f3..4xroll will still launch but due to the gravity no follow up can be made

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I dunno Id rather have them make 11 2+4 actually launch mid screen so those strings would have a use. Make them launch the exact same way our overhead strings launch and with the same gravity

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
im not saying you guys aren't doing good, you guys totally are! this isn't singling out players of any character in particular. calling out people who make threads dedicated to why they think character x sucks and make the bold ass bottom 5 statement with titles suggesting that they are demanding buffs. there's pointing out their flaws and theres naming your thread "f/t is bottom 5 lets do this" which the title suggests "hey lets just say our character is bottom 5 so we can get buffs" which is what i have a problem with.
(Pssst... read the last sentence of the op)

Karnage

I dunno Id rather have them make 11 2+4 actually launch mid screen so those strings would have a use. Make them launch the exact same way our overhead strings launch and with the same gravity
actually that is the solution, forgot about that string, kind of pointless in its current form

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It probably seems a bit much but at the moment there are characters who have fast meterless punishing ability that completely surpasses lackey damage. It would just bring him in the mix. I wouldnt want it to mess with his combo ability, bnbs should stay the same so they would need to make sure the gravity in the combo stays the same...
for example....
b121xxroll, f2, f3, 4xxdbf1 (make it do about 30%)

i wouldnt want roll to be used as an extender to the current bnbs...f2..f3..4xroll will still launch but due to the gravity no follow up can be made
You can use roll as an extender already.