What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr F/T is bottom 5! Lets do this.

I think Vicious and Lackey are nice, I think Ruthless needs something I just don't know what. Maybe even if they made the OH a bit faster and increased his damage back to what it was.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Give Ferra/Torr that damn Sub-Zero :l2 because by logic when you look at Torr arm and sub-zero (even in his roided up Russian costume) that goddamn overhead belongs to a Brute like Torr.....:coffee:
The ape swings are always funny to see on Sub Zero. For a ninja he has very little finesse, just fat ass punches and kicks and big ol ape swings, he puts his entire body into every animation

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think Vicious and Lackey are nice, I think Ruthless needs something I just don't know what. Maybe even if they made the OH a bit faster and increased his damage back to what it was.
OH doesn't need to be faster, but if they made PnG like 20 frames faster it would be fantastic.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Yeah, you give up so much in ruthless atm for so little in return. U pretty much gotta bait a wakeup, use PnG, eat the damage of both pnG and the wakeup attack and then punish. Thats the only use i can think of for ruthless, cuz aside from that its just a nerfed vicious.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah, you give up so much in ruthless atm for so little in return. U pretty much gotta bait a wakeup, use PnG, eat the damage of both pnG and the wakeup attack and then punish. Thats the only use i can think of for ruthless, cuz aside from that its just a nerfed vicious.
And if the pain n gain isnt timed perfectly after making the read and depending on their wake up it wont even be a punish at all :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@Parnak

Now that the thread is a bit less tounge-in-cheek, please post your thoughts in here.
Otherwise, assemble my council members, and make yourselves heard.

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
Key things

-Fix B1(mid) whiffing issues on crouching opponents
-Fix F2 issue where it connects but doesn't launch properly
-Fix aerial hitbox on B2 where Ferra phases through opponent
-Fix Close Ferra Toss whiffing issues on crouching opponents
-Fix Deep Stab and Grab n Stab damage to reflect last patch notes

- Reduce Pain n Gain recovery from 71 to 51
- Add MB Pain n Gain to remove 5% health loss
- Ferra keeps hurtbox on Ferra Toss even Torr gets hit

- Leave oppenent closer after Lackey command grab
- Reduce roll recovery
- Give Lackey charge more push back on block

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
IMO if they could make uppercut like 5 frames faster, or maybe just not -11 on block, that would be great.

Also maybe making f.4 special cancelable

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
f4 special cancellable would be fantastic.

Im okay with his uppercut, its really unique, catches people off guard cuz theyre not used to it. But I can understand, as it cant be used in situations like punishing KL tele.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Key things

-Fix B1(mid) whiffing issues on crouching opponents
-Fix F2 issue where it connects but doesn't launch properly
-Fix aerial hitbox on B2 where Ferra phases through opponent
-Fix Close Ferra Toss whiffing issues on crouching opponents
-Fix Deep Stab and Grab n Stab damage to reflect last patch notes

- Reduce Pain n Gain recovery from 71 to 51
- Add MB Pain n Gain to remove 5% health loss
- Ferra keeps hurtbox on Ferra Toss even Torr gets hit

- Leave oppenent closer after Lackey command grab
- Reduce roll recovery
- Give Lackey charge more push back on block
All the fixes Forr suggested should be a priority for NRS patches. These are all annoying bugs that shouldn't exist in the game. T'is hard to decide which one is the worst of them; Noting a next to useless buff for a problematic to use variation (Ruthless), one that does nothing to solve the variation's issues, a frikkin ghost buff that doesn't even occur (hell no) after the patch :mad: ?! Having Cassie-duck whiffing our B1 mid at times while swinging her head at duck state? B2's nice arc phasing through aerial opponents? Or Torr turning his back for nought after landing a far fetched F2 that fails to launch?

As for the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, imo..

2nd paragraph
- That, or at least make the move's last 20 frames of recovery dash/jump cancellable. Torr doesn't have to take the pain just standing there, he should have the option to dash/jump right as Ferra's pulling the blades out. That would fit a reaction to the pain.
- Health loss has to be there due to move's nature, I'd like a MB Pain n Gain that offers a 2 level increase instead of a 1 level increase (after a normal P n G that hasn't expired, an EX one would take thee straight to Lv. 3). Move would inherit the armor of the level it reaches and inflict to the player 7% damage. MB P n G should work as a wake-up attack too. Cancelling out of move's latest 20 frames of recovery stands as mentioned of course.
- Agreed, if Torr has already thrown Ferra, why should she lose her hurtbox when he gets hit? Unless it's supposed to be a symbiotic thing of sensing Torr's frustration and losing her focus due to that, that one I could pass.

3rd paragraph
- I'd prefer it if the Lackey command grab gave us some more frame advantage, like 20 let's say, so that we may cover the distance to a point and capitalize on it for corner game.
- Couldn't agree more.. If blocked, Roll can be punished hard, so why does it have so much recovery on whiff? That's unfair, Roll should be a mobility special, a way for Lackey Torr to cover distance, he NEEDS that for Kahn's sake, thus recovery on whiff should be minimal. Shades of MK9 Reptile minimal.
- Welcomed, but could do without it, pushback is barely viable as it is, yet viable still.

And if I may add some more buffs I consider justified;

- 1st is for Ruthless; Make the damage buff timer PAUSE when Torr is in a juggle/combo state. A hit counting state as I call it. P n G buff timer continues on as long as the enemy's combo hit counter isn't counting from the 2nd hit onwards. That's really fair if you think on it. It gives us a chance to retaliate with our buff after getting comboed, retaliation is what NRS games are all about. If the opponent wants to expire our buff, they can try some blockstrings or zoning, that's fair. But as of how the game is right now, the Ruthless player may attempt the buff, get punished after doing it due to long recovery, have it completely expired after receiving the duration of a long punish, adding 5% more damage to the punish himself in the process!! Now how fair is that ?!? Bulls*it:mad:!
- 2nd; B2, 3, 2+4 string should inflict 12% damage. All these mighty blows dealing only 10% is ridiculous. The launcher should also scale the damage in a manner that makes the final damage output 1% or 2% more than what the same follow-ups do after the F2 starter. It is absurd that B2 starter (which requires more inputs and shows more impressive blows) ends up doing less damage than the F2 starter. Do not nerf F2 combo damage, it is just fine. Buff B2 combo damage instead. For looks sake, it should provide at least 1% or 2% more damage than the F2 respective combo damage output.
- 3rd; Give a normal like Fierce Hook (2 high) or 4 (high) a more decent anti-air hitbox. Ferra/Torr need a viable anti-air normal.
- 4th; 1, 1, 2+4 string needs a more viable follow-up window. The one we got right now is absurdly strict, making the string effectively unreliable.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah I really dont even consider the damage increase to the Ruthless grab a buff (even ignoring the fact that it didnt actually happen) simply because they were just making it match the damage of the the variations so really more of a fix. I mean the command grab does less damage than a normal throw that's fucked up. And seriously the grab makes no sense, In Vicious when you can afford to have them full screen you keep them closer but in Ruthless where the whole point of the variation is damage you toss them ful screen while doing less than a throw. ugh

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
They still havent fixed any of his ground glitches... so glad i dropped this character
.........:rolleyes:.........

On the topic of ruthless, they should change the visual indication of pain n gain, because the blood dripping in the darkass stages of mkx is dificut to pay attention to when you are to busy guarding yourself against Sub "i should be afraid to let go of block without my ice clone, but we ain't playing mk9 so shut up and take my jump in punch that has more range and reach than Ferra/Torr neutral jump" Zero, and if your are using the alternate color of the second costume in ruthless where it becomes all red it is even harder to notice where the blood start and the costume finish.

I don't own the game, i play at a friends house and couldn't find the real image on google search, so i made this awesome photoshop

Forr

Variationless Ferra Torr
I think we can all agree that Ruthless has one of the worst damage buffs in the game considering recovery frames, health loss, and the impossibility to maintain it. I mean Ruthless is a variation solely based on a damage buff that only begins to pay off at level 3. Which is fine but the likelihood of getting to level 3 is non existent. Even if you can manage to get to level 3 you would have been better off just finishing combos and continuing pressure instead of buffing up. Using it in a setup or in the nuetral more or less guarentees free pressure for the opponent where our buff will disappear and simply add 5% to their combo or chip damage.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Kano gets a faster activation with armor to punish wake ups he absorbs much easier, EX doesn't take away any health, let's him combo into it safely without giving up damage because that does way more than level 1 pain n gain. On top of that the damage buff isnt even the only thing Kano gets in that variation, he gets the damage buff PLUS a shit ton of extra tools to open people up and extend combos after already comboing into his damage buff to take advantage of it. Meanwhile Ruthless has to drop combos early to pain n gain, take damage, and then the damage boost doesn't even make up for the lost guaranteed damage we gave up just to set up the pain n gain even if we do open them up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Even Kotal who has to give up health to get his benefit can at least combo into it safely to get the benefit and other utilities depending on what spec he is, either getting the health back, having totems, or the general usefulness of war god.