What's new

General/Other - Kitana EVERYTHING Kitana needs in kp2 patch

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
d1 hit adv 10 up from 3.
Justification: d1 currently cannot be used for anything other than momentarily halting the opponent. It was meant to advance her offense and a hit advantage of 3 is not enough for anything. She can only follow with a standing 2 and that is if the poke was done within range of the standing 2.

d3 7f down from 9f.
Justification: d1's reach is too good to be a 7f poke but in the current game a character is next to helpless against certain forms of block pressure (Liu Kang, D'Vorah, Takeda, etc) without a 7f poke. d3's reach is abysmal but fitting of a 7f poke when they are all up in your grill. Still can be baited and blown up by pressure characters on a read / backdash but it gives her a chance at least.

Royal Storm: Nothing. That variation is excellent.
Mournful: Nothing. Super-ultra-luxury would be staff normals instead of fan normals but yknow. Don't fix what works fine.
Assassin: Parry and Sharpen need work, Assassin is currently pretty bad overall. It would be nice if ex-versions had armour or somesuch.

Discuss below.

Last edited:

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
she has plenty of armored moves to escape pressure, and she converts to pretty decent damage, i dont think i have ever seen a kitana being pressured to dead, only assasin needs help

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Shes honestly fine.

Assassin just needs something to make it stand out. Better Parry cancels to compliment sharpen. But nothing extreme like +10

And yes she will decline down the tier list once the meta evolves but she will stay viable. But buffing assassin correctly will breathe new life into her.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
d1 hit adv 10 up from 3.
Justification: d1 currently cannot be used for anything other than momentarily halting the opponent. It was meant to advance her offense and a hit advantage of 3 is not enough for anything. She can only follow with a standing 2 and that is if the poke was done within range of the standing 2.
This is what Mournful is for.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Assassin: Parry needs work, left up to people more versed in balancing the game than I am; it's currently too slow to start up and generally doesn't lead to much. I'd also love EX-Sharpen to have armour and a better startup, with normal sharpen also having a better startup. These two moves are currently weak and would need some attention to make this variation work so well as RS.
A parry that you get to hold for ever to break momentum and gets you 15% on hit meterless, Is not enough for you?

gam224

The world's least hype player
Kitana won't survive as a non- pocket character until she recieves some sort of offense better than staggers.