What's new

General/Other - Kitana EVERYTHING Kitana needs in kp2 patch

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I agree with you. Parry is fine, but maybe something can be done to improve sharpen just a little bit.
Yeah sharpen does need to get a lot faster on startup, And maybe also the ability to cancel into special moves like Liu Kang flame fist. and yeah i still think the parry is what makes this variation shine, its an excellent anti-pressure tool that none zoners often eats tons of.

Can be full combo punished by a low
Oh well then #BUFFFFFFKITANA, because look at all those characters who got low starters.

Jack Ashe

Jaded
She really needs relevant hit advantage on D1 the D3 maybe, that would be more of a luxury buff.
Mournful's damage is fine, with everything else that variation has i think the damage is fine

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
let us use Royal Storm with her mask on :( that face is too much, all i ask is RS her mask is on
This ^^^ ... dear God, this lol

PLEASE give me a reason to pick Assassin, buff it somehow. It's like playing Royal Storm with one arm tied behind my back. I love the mask and dark makeup look.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Again, what?

Over 40% for one bar both midscreen and in the corner.
What you on about?

Edit: And over 20% unbreakable from full screen..
Meterless. I had to remake combos in order to get 30% again, and it sucks the amount of hits you have to get in order to even touch 30%, whereas characters no one wants to nerf like Tremor get this free, with 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 mixups and better zoning.

Meterless. I had to remake combos in order to get 30% again, and it sucks the amount of hits you have to get in order to even touch 30%, whereas characters no one wants to nerf like Tremor get this free, with 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 mixups and better zoning.
You get 32-35% meterless off all her starters except f22u4 midscreen, that's far from garbage. It's just not as good as before.
I'm not saying she's tremor or S+-tier, I'm saying her damage is NOT 'garbage' or 'horrendous'...

omooba

fear the moobs
d1 hit adv 10 up from 3.
Justification: d1 currently cannot be used for anything other than momentarily halting the opponent. It was meant to advance her offense and a hit advantage of 3 is not enough for anything. She can only follow with a standing 2 and that is if the poke was done within range of the standing 2.

d3 7f down from 9f.
Justification: d1's reach is too good to be a 7f poke but in the current game a character is next to helpless against certain forms of block pressure (Liu Kang, D'Vorah, Takeda, etc) without a 7f poke. d3's reach is abysmal but fitting of a 7f poke when they are all up in your grill. Still can be baited and blown up by pressure characters on a read / backdash but it gives her a chance at least.

Royal Storm: Nothing. That variation is excellent.
Mournful: Damage increased. This variation suffers greatly from the damage loss that was justified in RS.
Assassin: Parry needs work, left up to people more versed in balancing the game than I am; it's currently too slow to start up and generally doesn't lead to much. I'd also love EX-Sharpen to have armour and a better startup, with normal sharpen also having a better startup. These two moves are currently weak and would need some attention to make this variation work so well as RS.
If she gets 7f poke can we give it to liu and Johnny and mileena please

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
You get 32-35% meterless off all her starters except f22u4 midscreen, that's far from garbage. It's just not as good as before.
I'm not saying she's tremor or S+-tier, I'm saying her damage is NOT 'garbage' or 'horrendous'...
I dont propose that, I propose that she hasn't much to make up for it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The damage in royal storm is garbagé. She can't get over like 33% .
It's post like this why us Kitana players get such a bad rep.

OP made a damn good post asking for reasonable buffs, as did I, but it gets overshadowed because fools like you make ridiculous comments like this.

How is her damage horrendous? Kitana touches you once midscreen and you lose AT LEAST 30%. Her main bnb's do AT LEAST 35% meterless. Fan conversions do over 30%. JK fan does 37%. Spend a bar and she does over 40% midscreen. In the corner, she does well over 35% meterless and for one bar she does 48%. How the hell is that horrendous?

Do you even play the character? I swear people just post shit on TYM without knowing wtf they're talking about.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
It's post like this why us Kitana players get such a bad rep.

OP made a damn good post asking for reasonable buffs, as did I, but it gets overshadowed because fools like you make ridiculous comments like this.

How is her damage horrendous? Kitana touches you once midscreen and you lose AT LEAST 30%. Her main bnb's do AT LEAST 35% meterless. Fan conversions do over 30%. JK fan does 37%. Spend a bar and she does over 40% midscreen. In the corner, she does well over 35% meterless and for one bar she does 48%. How the hell is that horrendous?

Do you even play the character? I swear people just post shit on TYM without knowing wtf they're talking about.
Can you link me these BnBs?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Mournful most definitely does not need a damage buff - her combos only do 3% or so less than in Royal Storm, and she makes up for that with better pressure anyhow.
Best combo we have is 1bar and barely over 30%. Please advise if you know of optimal damage combos for her.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
A parry that you get to hold for ever to break momentum and gets you 15% on hit meterless, Is not enough for you?
No, because it gets low profiled and its startup is hardly worth mentioning in comparison to more successful parries.
Assassin is widely known to need adjustments right now. It is her weakest variation, you see.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What if he meant less damage to compensate for fan cancels! ?
I trust him, frankly. Most of the changes were warranted. Only thing where I wonder is Quan being Kabal status. He really need to be brought to the same level as the rest of the cast imo.