What's new

General/Other - Kitana EVERYTHING Kitana needs in kp2 patch

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
No, because it gets low profiled and its startup is hardly worth mentioning in comparison to more successful parries.
Assassin is widely known to need adjustments right now. It is her weakest variation, you see.
It's the tempest lao vs hat trick dilemma, Just because other variation(s) are more viable doesn't mean puffs are mandatory for the lesser ones. Her parry have a slight delay on startup compared to others only because she can hold it, making her the only character in the game,so far, that can play mind games with a parry. Shes fine, you guys just don't know how to use her.

Last edited:
It's the tempest lao vs hat trick dilemma, Just because other variation(s) are more viable doesn't mean puffs are mandatory for the lesser ones. Her parry have a slight delay on startup compare to other only because she can hold it, making her the only character in the game,so far, that can play mind games with a parry. Shes fine, you guys just don't know how to use her.
You do know, then?! NO? Shut up then, darling. Don't be mad.

OH SHIT MAN, BURN
such strong come backs, much additions to discussion.
Cause it's soooo easy saying we don't know how to use her. No one knows how to use her in that variation. You can search on youtube for people who play assassin Kitana and you will hardly see them using her parry and sharpen against a high level player. Know things before typing.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Cause it's soooo easy saying we don't know how to use her. No one knows how to use her in that variation. You can search on youtube for people who play assassin Kitana and you will hardly see them using her parry and sharpen against a high level player. Know things before typing.
Seen Kitana prime pull it off tons of times and top players eat it like hot cakes. Again, you just don't know how/when to use the moves.

Sorry but her d1 does not need that much hit advantage when it has plenty of range and its primary purpose is being an anti-air or a combo extender. What she does need is a useful sharpen in and longer armor on assassin strike.
Yes I agree Assassin doenst need much to be good, Goro properties on her EX Assassin Strike (its unsafe on block and doesnt lead into a full combo so its not broke), in general I wouldnt touch her parry at all, sharpen could be a bit better too. Other than that shes ok.

Best combo we have is 1bar and barely over 30%. Please advise if you know of optimal damage combos for her.
What? Mournful gets high 20s/low 30s meterless - with 1 bar you get nearly 40%.

b14~db1, f43, f43, 21~db3 (31%)

b14~EX df1, f43, f43, 21~db1, NJP, run cancel f4~db3 (39%)

Compare this to Royal Storm, which gets 34% meterless, and 42-43% with 1 bar.

On a side note, what would folks think about Parry gaining an EX version? Regular Parry would be identical to what it is now, but the EX version would have 1 frame start-up and 9 frames recovery (same damage and vulnerability to low attacks, jump attacks, certain specials etc.)?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What? Mournful gets high 20s/low 30s meterless - with 1 bar you get nearly 40%.

b14~db1, f43, f43, 21~db3 (31%)

b14~EX df1, f43, f43, 21~db1, NJP, run cancel f4~db3 (39%)

Compare this to Royal Storm, which gets 34% meterless, and 42-43% with 1 bar.

On a side note, what would folks think about Parry gaining an EX version? Regular Parry would be identical to what it is now, but the EX version would have 1 frame start-up and 9 frames recovery (same damage and vulnerability to low attacks, jump attacks, certain specials etc.)?
Hmm. With 11~ it's a bit less. I never found b1 to be much useful with how horrible its range is.

As for Parry, I believe it should meet the standards that Sonya's parry sets. It's fair that low hits beat it out, but it should start up much faster. EX would be a good idea still, yes.

Skedar70

Noob
Hmm. With 11~ it's a bit less. I never found b1 to be much useful with how horrible its range is.

As for Parry, I believe it should meet the standards that Sonya's parry sets. It's fair that low hits beat it out, but it should start up much faster. EX would be a good idea still, yes.
You are forgetting that you can Hold kitanas parry and you can't hold Sonya's parry. I believe Kitanas parry has a longer active duration even if you don't hold while sonya's has to be more on point.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's the tempest lao vs hat trick dilemma, Just because other variation(s) are more viable doesn't mean puffs are mandatory for the lesser ones. Her parry have a slight delay on startup compared to others only because she can hold it, making her the only character in the game,so far, that can play mind games with a parry. Shes fine, you guys just don't know how to use her.
I don't even know what to say to this. Everything I could say is either obvious, rude, or both.
Eh, thanks for sharing your ... opinion on the character and everybody who has ever played her?
Done talking to you either way. lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You are forgetting that you can Hold kitanas parry and you can't hold Sonya's parry. I believe Kitanas parry has a longer active duration even if you don't hold while sonya's has to be more on point.
Holding the parry is arbitrary since it doesn't start up in time and can be low poked while being held. I'd trade holding it for having a startup that can genuinely be a threat.

All the people calling me out- can you provide me with proof of this good midscreen damage meterless and with one bar?? Mournful has great damage.

All the people calling me out- can you provide me with proof of this good midscreen damage meterless and with one bar?? Mournful has great damage.
Dude, are you for real?

Go back to Kitanas subforum and then go into the combo thread!

Edit: Also these are bnb's we shouldn't need proof, and if you don't know her bnb's you shouldn't comment on her damage!

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Just went back into practice mode... Again. Damage is shit.
30 from her low, 39% with a bar
35% from f112, 40% with a bar from f11
36% from f43
33% from f33/b14, 42% with a bar
30% from f22u4
37% from jk fan
30% 212, 31% from 21
34% from fan AA's
21% unbreakable

I can keep going if you'd like. This is all midscreen btw. Don't get me started on the corner.

30 from her low, 39% with a bar
35% from f112, 40% with a bar from f11
36% from f43
33% from f33/b14, 42% with a bar
30% from f22u4
37% from jk fan
30% 212, 31% from 21
34% from fan AA's
21% unbreakable

I can keep going if you'd like. This is all midscreen btw. Don't get me started on the corner.
Keep going, then.