What's new

General/Other - Kitana EVERYTHING Kitana needs in kp2 patch

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Id like something to be done about her b3. Make it better somehow. It just seems a bit slow to me; maybe it's the whole animation but it could be improved to where she doesn't look like she's trying too hard to hit her opponent with her foot lol.

evolution07

And you're the type of player that wants to buff an already s+ character. Makes sense.
Yes, because I requested unnecessary changes on a player that doesn't need them. How about making Quan, Liu, Lao and all the S characters plus on everything?

Kandarr

Mournful Avenger
What? Mournful gets high 20s/low 30s meterless - with 1 bar you get nearly 40%.

b14~db1, f43, f43, 21~db3 (31%)

b14~EX df1, f43, f43, 21~db1, NJP, run cancel f4~db3 (39%)

Compare this to Royal Storm, which gets 34% meterless, and 42-43% with 1 bar.

On a side note, what would folks think about Parry gaining an EX version? Regular Parry would be identical to what it is now, but the EX version would have 1 frame start-up and 9 frames recovery (same damage and vulnerability to low attacks, jump attacks, certain specials etc.)?
She can get 40% midscreen with another F43 or by replacing the 21 with F33 but you have to do it at the highest juggle.

And corner she gets 44-45% with great advantage on knockdown or armor breaking on almost every char in the cast depending on which u choose.

There is one thing I forgot to mention that there's one fix that Kitana needs. Specifically, when Sharpen is active, the second hit of Rising Fans doesn't increase in damage when it should - it still only does 6% damage, the same as when Sharpen isn't active. This happens even if you use the EX version.

In practice this won't improve her game much, but nevertheless it's a necessary fix because at the moment the move literally doesn't function how it's supposed to. They fixed the issue with Sharpened f112, so there's no reason this can't be fixed as well.

gam224

The world's least hype player
There seems to be be two extremes in this argument. It's either NERF DIS BITCH or FORWARD 2 OVERHEAD (w/o sharpen) SHE NEEDS IT. People there is a means between the extremes

evolution07

i'm not exactly sure why people think kitana needs nerfs. she was so horrible when this game was launched. her ex fans were like -43 or some shit, she had no pretty kick (b3), she was missing her blade on her d1, she was just a mess and super negative on a lot of stuff. the buffs that were given were to bring her up to balance with other characters.

i'm just so sick of folks saying that a character needs nerfs just because they don't like what they're seeing in live game play or know how to deal with effectively. i only agree with nerfs when its absolutely necessary that a character receives them due to being OP, but simply crying out and asking for changes because you don't like how a character is designed is just in bad taste.