What's new

Erron Black General Discussion Thread

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
So I'm about 99% sure erron is catching a nerf in the next patch. Too much heat on him already. It's sad, but if it must happen, here's what I think will/should change:

- b222 made mid mid overhead
-21212 made mid overhead instead of overhead overhead
- f4 non ex-able on whiff and prolly more recovery

I'm sure there'll be more but those would be totally fair imo.

I'd like for them to give him back his f21 being cancellable again. I literally don't know what the use for that string is now. And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE US A BULLET COUNTER. It's so annoying having to keep track of 8 bullets that get randomly fired off mid match. Just a tiny UI next to his bar please NRS.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Lots of these are probably known. If there are others you want me to notate/make into GIFs LMK.

Midscreen
268 Midscreen
B222xxBF4 2 DASH 21212xxBF3

270 Corner Carry from Midscreen with Acid ender
21212xxBF4 D3(U) 2(U) 2 F32xxDB1F

282 Midscreen with Acid ender
21212xxBF4 D3 DASH 21 F32xxDB1

286 Midscreen
21212xxBF4 D3 21212

303 Midscreen
21212xxBF4 D3 F32xxBF3

Corner
268 Corner (The 11 can be interchanged with 21)
B222xxBF4 2 11 21212

272 Corner
B222xxDD3 D1 D1 21212

330 Corner
21212xxBF4 D3 21 21 21212

Kounter Blows
364 KB Corner (1 Difficult Link)
21212 KB 4xxBF4 2 D1 21212
Thanx for this.
I noticed that he gets less damage from doing more rifle hits. For example, 21212(4)~BF4 D3 2 2 21212 does 2 damage less than 21212(4)~BF4 D3 2 21212.

Also, you kan get more damage on the 21 starter, if you're ending with slide, by adding in a 21.
(325.41 Damage) Midscreen
21212~BF4 D3 21 F32~BF3

Man they need to make Erron's f4 a mid asap. Between AMP, KB and less mixups overall in the game, that move is far too good.
I think it can be an overhead. The real problem isnt the mix up, its the fact that its too fast to interrupt, perfect block reversal whiffs and its safe on block. A move can't have these 3 things AT THE SAME TIME. I think making it unsafe, and becoming safe through the meter burn its the best balancing. Plus, the meter burn version only coming out if blocked, not allowing you to waste a bar on hit, could be removed as well imo. Erron would still be a strong character, his f4 its just a bit too much, not gamebreaking, just annoying af.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think it can be an overhead. The real problem isnt the mix up, its the fact that its too fast to interrupt, perfect block reversal whiffs and its safe on block. A move can't have these 3 things AT THE SAME TIME. I think making it unsafe, and becoming safe through the meter burn its the best balancing. Plus, the meter burn version only coming out if blocked, not allowing you to waste a bar on hit, could be removed as well imo. Erron would still be a strong character, his f4 its just a bit too much, not gamebreaking, just annoying af.
That would still give him a mixup at footsies range, which has no place in this game. Reagrdless, having an AMP that makes it safe would make trying to punish it risky, which also makes no sense. Honestly I think it would be a terrible idea.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
So I'm about 99% sure erron is catching a nerf in the next patch. Too much heat on him already. It's sad, but if it must happen, here's what I think will/should change:

- b222 made mid mid overhead
-21212 made mid overhead instead of overhead overhead
- f4 non ex-able on whiff and prolly more recovery

I'm sure there'll be more but those would be totally fair imo.

I'd like for them to give him back his f21 being cancellable again. I literally don't know what the use for that string is now. And PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE US A BULLET COUNTER. It's so annoying having to keep track of 8 bullets that get randomly fired off mid match. Just a tiny UI next to his bar please NRS.
I really hope he doesn't get nerfed, that would be a terrible decision. A lot of the cast need buffs and tweaks, but taking mixups away from a mixup character would just water down what he's supposed to be.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I wish they would add one more slot for variations. Having eL&L gunslinger, scud shot, and down peacemaker would be perfect
I'd like it a lot if they'd make more moves part of the base character, EB with no slots used is super barebones.

Nobody needs nerfs...this game is so vanilla already due to character design and the stupid tournament variations. If Erron is that good then other characters need to be buffed.
Agreed, the game is only in its 1st week. Let the game breath a little first. Every character hasn't been fully dissected yet. I haven't even seen every character being used online yet let alone every variation.

i really want to play erron black but man
my thumb is hurting by spamming the 21212 and b22 strings and i cannot even pull them out LOL
is there any trick on how to perfom those?

Looks like nerfs may have already hit, boys. B222 no longer combos into LnL at all, and 21212 no longer combos into LnL D3.

Last edited: