What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Erron could use buffs on quite some stuff imo , MB db4 in Marksman and Gunslinger should have armor for consistent Anti airs and in Outlaw it should restand (only if he didn't already use a db4 on his combo ) , db1 in Marksman should be faster as it's pretty useless.

Cmd Grab should be at least +10 , the knockdown advantage is really bad and with everyone buffering armor tickthrows on 21122 has become risky for little reward.

EX slide should have more advantage on hit since it doesn't give Erron any kind of oki.

Normal slide should start up faster or low profile right away ala Sub Zero.

EX sand granade shouldn't have pushback or be around +10-11 on block.

f3 could use more hitstun as of right now f3xxEX close sand granade doesn't combo on some characters.

Dream buffs would be , f24 to be 10 frames startup , f132 / f122 safer on block , bigger low vertical hitbox on db4 ( Marksman / Gunslinger ) , safe on block Tarkatan stab

More than anything Erron problem is actually playing the neutral game vs the best characters in the game , and don't get me started on his inability to deal w jump backs in the neutral other than Yolo slide or run in 21122.
I feel like b32d1 should be more plus on hit too , that would be really nice since it has a gap in it and its like-16? And only like +3 on hit lol also make b32u1 23 recovery again please

Crathen

Death is my business
Why are you guys requesting for buffs that aren't needed, Erron is already fine.
He has a good mixup game and decent footsies if that's what you're saying , but has no decent fast mids to counterpoke other than d1 ( 12 frame d3 +3 on hit lol ) nor a way around it , top 3 worst backdash , no low profiling move , slowish armor w bad reward ( other than Outlaw and still is slowish ) , no way to negate most armor moves , plus frames only w EX SG and the only thing you can make them respect is a d4 / f24 ( and they still have options of armor ) , no way to get around zoning ( as i said EX slide doesn't give him knockdown pressure ) , throw negative on hit , no consistent anti air and his 50/50 are actually unsafe especially if they have around 15 frame startup armor , no consistent way to stop people from jumping away on neutral.

There's a reason no one is playing Erron outside SonicFox and even then he uses him only in good / even matchups.

Actually what are your thoughts on Erron in the current meta @SonicFox5000 ?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Erron's a perfect character with a few exceptions.

-His backdash is arguably the worst in the game, but should probably stay as is.
-If you need a move faster than 8f, you might as well wait for negative frames, start crying, or pick Outlaw.
-He really can't do much against blocked ranged attacks, which makes the weirdest matches more difficult.

He excels in pretty much every other category minus his projectile, but the hit advantage is quite good.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There's a reason no one is playing Erron outside SonicFox and even then he uses him only in good / even matchups.
Come on man you should know this isn't even a talking point. That has very little to do with his tier placement, plenty of people in the community play other characters because they fit their preferred archetype better or they're a character loyalist. Even then Gunshow and Arma at the very least still play him, King's been playing him and Saltface has even picked him up now so it's not even true that noone's using him. Too many variations/charactes as well for lots of people to be playing the one :p

He has a good mixup game and decent footsies if that's what you're saying , but has no decent fast mids to counterpoke other than d1 ( 12 frame d3 +3 on hit lol ) nor a way around it , top 3 worst backdash , no low profiling move , slowish armor w bad reward ( other than Outlaw and still is slowish ) , no way to negate most armor moves , plus frames only w EX SG and the only thing you can make them respect is a d4 / f24 ( and they still have options of armor ) , no way to get around zoning ( as i said EX slide doesn't give him knockdown pressure ) , throw negative on hit , no consistent anti air and his 50/50 are actually unsafe especially if they have around 15 frame startup armor , no consistent way to stop people from jumping away on neutral.

Actually what are your thoughts on Erron in the current meta @SonicFox5000 ?
His slide low profiles, and why give him a good back dash when he already has good defensive reversals and wakeups. His offense is probably one of the best in the game because of the ability to cancel 21122 on any punch. He has a 50/50 on jump in, and his standing 2 covers decent distance, he doesn't need a fast moving mid that'll just turn him into a nastier version of Johnny Cage. Erron Black is perfect as is, leave him be...

lil freshie11

sargentsackslap
Ive mained marksman since the game came out, and I see absolutely no reason him or any other variation NEED a buff. In fact, I think he is one of the most balanced characters in the game.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Erron's 50/50's and pressure is honest. Both players have to make a read to capitalize. I think he is solid as is. He does have poor anti-air options outside of outlaw's NJP.

lil freshie11

sargentsackslap
The way I pressure with 21122 in the corner. Builds crazy amount of meter and stuff. I haven't seen a high level player deal with it yet, let alone even do it. I don't think people are playing with it right tbh
Im assuming your talking about mixing up with EXsg and gun cancel, but you dont need to be in the corner for it, and yea builds crazy meter. But it ends up being just a guess of when theyll armor or not, in which case I jump over or block. I hardly think its strong enough to say he's overpowered when your trading an insane njp and armored launcher for outlaw and footsies/zoning for gunslinger though

Last edited:

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
The only thing "crazy" about his meter building is SOS3, and after every blockstring the final shot is armorable, not to mention the cancel into SOS itself is interruptable by armor or fast pokes and jabs.

High level players can't deal with it?
Watch Erron high-level play. Tick throws get ducked, he gets zoned/out-footsied, etc.

The character isn't just good, he's great. But he isn't godlike.

lil freshie11

sargentsackslap
The only thing "crazy" about his meter building is SOS3, and after every blockstring the final shot is armorable, not to mention the cancel into SOS itself is interruptable by armor or fast pokes and jabs.

Watch Erron high-level play. Tick throws get ducked, he gets zoned/out-footsied, etc.

I believe he's talking about marksman

I agree with all the buffs crathen mentioned as i think it could help him and wont make him broken , however outlaw restanding is abit ridiculous but i cant upplay my character so i gotta agree

cambros22

There are SOS 3 spacing that make the last shot a complete string. Its good to practice the spacing in the corner for guarenteed chip.

Im assuming your talking about mixing up with EXsg and gun cancel, but you dont need to be in the corner for it, and yea builds crazy meter. But it ends up being just a guess of when theyll armor or not, in which case I jump over or block. I hardly think its strong enough to say he's overpowered when your trading an insane njp and armored launcher for outlaw and footsies/zoning for gunslinger though
yeah mid screen its even worse. Everybody is mistaken, Marksman is Erron's best variation, it's just that nobody plays it at it's maximum potential.

cambros22

slide low-profiling instantly would be interesting. I agree, F3 should have more hitstun. I never paid attention to it not comboing on all characters.

Nobody plays a character at his "maximum potential" yet , also i wouldn't say his best , id say it goes even with outlaw and gunslinger.
The 3 are too different, and when I say maximum potential I mean at the time. People are saying Outlaw is the best because of it's had so much success since MKX been out not realizing that it's being played by a godlike player (Sonic Fox)

Nobody plays a character at his "maximum potential" yet , also i wouldn't say his best , id say it goes even with outlaw and gunslinger.
Marksman has everything Outlaw has other than the NJP and the damage you get from the sword stab. Marksman has better pressure, zoning tools and execution. People complain about it needing too much stamina but a list is the same way and it's top tier

The 3 are too different, and when I say maximum potential I mean at the time. People are saying Outlaw is the best because of it's had so much success since MKX been out not realizing that it's being played by a godlike player (Sonic Fox)
I know they are. Different , im talking about how good they are , outlaw has a godlike armored reversal that leads into dmg+oki , it has one of the best njps in the game , gunslinger has great zoning and great / somewhat safe chip and meterbuilding and it actually covers outlaws/marksman bad mus ? Or most of them atleast , and marksman has great corner damage and safe 50/50s , all 3 are the same in terms of how good they are maybe outlaw is tiny hair better.