What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Noozzle

Noob
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but a friend and I found something that we haven't seen in any major tournament that is maybe unknown to a lot of people.

After Erron 11b3, you can simply jump over even if he cancels into ex bf3 or dbf2 and get a full combo punish. If Erron does 11b3 xx bd4, you'll get hit in mid air but he won't be able to combo any further.

For instance, at Defend of the North, DJT tried to armor between SonicFox's 11b3 xx ex bf3 when he could simply have jumped over.

Last edited:

Redux

Ex Phase
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but a friend and I found something that we haven't seen in any major tournament that is maybe unknown to a lot of people.

After Erron 11b3, you can simply jump over even if he cancels into ex bf3 or dbf2 and get a full combo punish.

For instance, at Defend of the North, DJT tried to armor between SonicFox's 11b3 xx ex bf3 when he could simply have jumped over.

Though, you can't do this with his f13 string.
People just don't lab the Erron matchup anymore lol. Gunslinger at least makes it safer with SOS2 which launches the opponent if they jump or breaks their armor if they go for that. It's also safer than finishing the string.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

After Erron 11b3, you can simply jump over even if he cancels into ex bf3 or dbf2 and get a full combo punish. If Erron does 11b3 xx bd4, you'll get hit in mid air but he won't be able to combo any further.

This has been known by the erron community since like may, you can jump over for full combo punish during any cancel point of 21122 as well, excluding the final hit.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

Can't jump 11b3 xx slide. If there's an option you have to respect meterless, the string can still be useful that way.

Noozzle

Noob
Can't jump 11b3 xx slide. If there's an option you have to respect meterless, the string can still be useful that way.
Since slide is highly punishable, it's not a string commonly used. But you still have to consider that.

This has been known by the erron community since like may, you can jump over for full combo punish during any cancel point of 21122 as well, excluding the final hit.
Oh well, weird no one does it in major tournaments. I knew for 21122 as well.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Since slide is highly punishable, it's not a string commonly used. But you still have to consider that.
Well that's the point, it's an unexpected. If i know you're going to jump after 11b3 I could slide or choose not to cancel after and Erron can anti-air in time. If you respect the slide, I ex grenade.

The purpose is to make your opponent think twice. Of course, all 10f<x armor will beat any mixup after 11b3.

Noozzle

Noob
Well that's the point, it's an unexpected. If i know you're going to jump after 11b3 I could slide or choose not to cancel after and Erron can anti-air in time. If you respect the slide, I ex grenade.

The purpose is to make your opponent think twice. Of course, all 10f<x armor will beat any mixup after 11b3.
Yeah right, it's all part of the mind game

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah right, it's all part of the mind game
I think you're right, jumping after 11b3 is not something most peope have even attempted. They don't know it yet. I just thought I should share Erron's options to deal with it, that's all.

11b3 should never hit anybody tbh, it's always been about what comes after

wsj515

Oh well, weird no one does it in major tournaments. I knew for 21122 as well.
its the most effective way of punishing an ex sg or tick throw attempt outside of an armored launcher (which is a safer option because it beats out slide, db4, etc.), it really is odd that the higher end players don't do it.

Noob
Do you guys think EB needs a buff on his db4 (marskman in particular) ?
Yes, give it armour and or make it recover faster so we can use it in combos.

also buff sand trap to plus 15 please. I feel this move got unjustly nerfed too hard.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yes, give it armour and or make it recover faster so we can use it in combos.

also buff sand trap to plus 15 please. I feel this move got unjustly nerfed too hard.
Using it in combo won't help. Marskman needs a decent AA. If it gotta be buff, it needs faster startup.

Noob
anyone else feel like F13~ex-sand is becoming a gimmick? Everyone I fight just armours through it now.

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
anyone else feel like F13~ex-sand is becoming a gimmick? Everyone I fight just armours through it now.
I believe so, especially after the amount of complaints I saw during the early release of MKX about EB's F13 special cancel.

Is F12 special cancel armourable, especially after its blockstun buff? I always thought game design wise sacrificing the low for more blockstun would be a good idea. You can also Sandtrap after F12, but Im sure you already know that

wsj515

I'd say its a bit gimmicky on outlaw because all you can do otherwise is sand toss or finish the string. In marksman you can bait out the armor and block/punish with a gun cancel into block.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Anyone struggling with MB gun slam combos midscreen? In the corner it's guaranteed 38%/40% for me but midscreen I find them inconsistent.

Crathen

Death is my business
Do you guys think EB needs a buff on his db4 (marskman in particular) ?
Erron could use buffs on quite some stuff imo , MB db4 in Marksman and Gunslinger should have armor for consistent Anti airs and in Outlaw it should restand (only if he didn't already use a db4 on his combo ) , db1 in Marksman should be faster as it's pretty useless.

Cmd Grab should be at least +10 , the knockdown advantage is really bad and with everyone buffering armor tickthrows on 21122 has become risky for little reward.

EX slide should have more advantage on hit since it doesn't give Erron any kind of oki.

Normal slide should start up faster or low profile right away ala Sub Zero.

EX sand granade shouldn't have pushback or be around +10-11 on block.

f3 could use more hitstun as of right now f3xxEX close sand granade doesn't combo on some characters.

Dream buffs would be , f24 to be 10 frames startup , f132 / f122 safer on block , bigger low vertical hitbox on db4 ( Marksman / Gunslinger ) , safe on block Tarkatan stab

More than anything Erron problem is actually playing the neutral game vs the best characters in the game , and don't get me started on his inability to deal w jump backs in the neutral other than Yolo slide or run in 21122.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What I hate with Erron Black is his shitty backdash, one of the worse to me. And the range of his pokes.