What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

I know they are. Different , im talking about how good they are , outlaw has a godlike armored reversal that leads into dmg+oki , it has one of the best njps in the game , gunslinger has great zoning and great / somewhat safe chip and meterbuilding and it actually covers outlaws/marksman bad mus ? Or most of them atleast , and marksman has great corner damage and safe 50/50s , all 3 are the same in terms of how good they are maybe outlaw is tiny hair better.
That "godlike" reversal is -20

Marksman has everything Outlaw has other than the NJP and the damage you get from the sword stab. Marksman has better pressure, zoning tools and execution. People complain about it needing too much stamina but a list is the same way and it's top tier
Marksman dosen't have outlaws oki and armored reversal. And gunslinger zones much better than marksman. So if it is -20? Its still a reversal , thats like saying laos ex spin is terrible because its -

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
The 3 are too different, and when I say maximum potential I mean at the time. People are saying Outlaw is the best because of it's had so much success since MKX been out not realizing that it's being played by a godlike player (Sonic Fox)
Alright, what the actual fuck?
Talk about an argument non sequitur.

Not everyone believes Outlaw is the best variation. If SonicFox (or any other Erron Black player you're conveniently forgetting) were using, say, Marksman, then the entire argument could work in reverse.

"Why aren't people using X variation? It has Y tools. They're only using Z variation because top players use it too."

Do you know how many times people made that same statement about potential in other fighting games? People said it about Kabal and they said it about Jade in MK9, but only one of them was high on the tier list. What kind of credibility does a statement like that have?

Marksman dosen't have outlaws oki and armored reversal. And gunslinger zones much better than marksman. So if it is -20? Its still a reversal , thats like saying laos ex spin is terrible because its -
Zoning is probably the only thing Gunslinger have over Marksman. It's oki is unsafe if the opponent knows how to armour through the low shots. Marksman has better oki than Outlaw lol wtf

Not everyone believes Outlaw is the best variation. If SonicFox (or any other Erron Black player you're conveniently forgetting) were using, say, Marksman, then the entire argument could work in reverse.

"Why aren't people using X variation? It has Y tools. They're only using Z variation because top players use it too."

Do you know how many times people made that same statement about potential in other fighting games? People said it about Kabal and they said it about Jade in MK9, but only one of them was high on the tier list. What kind of credibility does a statement like that have?
Check any tier list on this site and you will see Outlaw above Marksman everytime, and why do you keep misreading my posts? If SF was using Marksman and he's had the success he's had with Outlaw, this argument would never happen

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!

I agree. Thats why I know how to play all three variations. as soon as we stop the best variation game and start looking at the variations for their matchup potential, we can really lvl up.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Zoning is probably the only thing Gunslinger have over Marksman. It's oki is unsafe if the opponent knows how to armour through the low shots. Marksman has better oki than Outlaw lol wtf
Check any tier list on this site and you will see Outlaw above Marksman everytime, and why do you keep misreading my posts? If SF was using Marksman and he's had the success he's had with Outlaw, this argument would never happen
They all have the same oki WHAT THEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And why do you care about tier lists on this website? Are you serious? Even YOMI's tier lists have no merit, and they were made by some of the best players in the world.

Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I train the opponent to respect every 21122 by using gun smack, I take a few hits from armour but in that final round they will respect it. The ability to GC on any punch and go straight back into 21122, that + caltrops = better oki

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I train the opponent to respect every 21122 by using gun smack, I take a few hits from armour but in that final round they will respect it. The ability to GC on any punch and go straight back into 21122, that + caltrops = better oki
Are you talking about rifle swing?

Noob
So after reading the last two pages...

1. Marksman has the best oki
2. 21122xxsandtrap works (misread my mistake)
3. Marksman has better oki because of pressure after 21122

Common Thanilla, really? This is nuts haha >.>

Last edited: