What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Noob
There is no set moment. There are a lot of variables.

Character
Health
Position
Variation

If my opponent is using a character with crappy or no zoning tools then I will just throw caltrops and go to sleep spamming coin shots and sand gernades lol.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Lol this is me exactly!

I hopped on today for a but and was sad to see there were only 5 players in a room..... pls tell me the servers were down or something. ..
I still can't stop playing mgsv. I tried to make conscious effort but I can't bring myself to remove the disc lol

Redux

Ex Phase
this was probably posted in the thread but I recently found out about it and maybe someone else also didn't know about this.

If the opponent delays their wakeup and you want to tick throw on the second hit of 21122, if you started the the string + tick throw early it will still connect but instead of the second hit it now happens on the third hit if they stand up just in time for it.

I just found it interesting since both have different timings.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
this was probably posted in the thread but I recently found out about it and maybe someone else also didn't know about this.

If the opponent delays their wakeup and you want to tick throw on the second hit of 21122, if you started the the string + tick throw early it will still connect but instead of the second hit it now happens on the third hit if they stand up just in time for it.

I just found it interesting since both have different timings.
Its because you cannot cancel into tackle on whiff, but the game still holds on to the inputs 211xxdbf2 because of how that string works (and buffering stuff in general in this game), when that second 1 hits it will cancel into tackle.

Noob
Since the beginning I always thought Erron was saying, "gun is the best defense". But now I have been informed its offense lol.

I also used to think for a while Erron was saying, "Like the new holds". Which I thought was weird, until I put on headsets and heard holes and facepalmed :DOGE

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Since the beginning I always thought Erron was saying, "gun is the best defense". But now I have been informed its offense lol.

I also used to think for a while Erron was saying, "Like the new holds". Which I thought was weird, until I put on headsets and heard holes and facepalmed :DOGE
o.m.g......you've stepped in it now.

Noob
Can anyone explain how to buffer ex-armour during Errons 21122 to stuff the command throw/ex-sand? I always hear about this. At the moment, I just guess the cancel point and input ex-armour.

Lol

I used to hear 'f*** it off' but I'm guessing it's 'walk it off' ?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Can anyone explain how to buffer ex-armour during Errons 21122 to stuff the command throw/ex-sand? I always hear about this. At the moment, I just guess the cancel point and input ex-armour.
You can just mash armour in this game since it uses the MB button which is also the block button. I'm guessing that that's what they're doing

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
But if you mash the buttons it will let go of block which will make you get hit by the string no?
Yeah if you mash too slowly - just gotta do it quickly. If you're mashing though Erron can bait it by stopping at 211 and punish the armour

Noob
If a patch comes out with KP2, what changes do you want to see for Erron, if any?

Mine is that they guve ex- DB4 gust armour and make sand trap more plus, like 12 lol but will never happen :p.

Is F122 data wrong? It got changed to -1 on block but it still gets punished by almost everything.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
If a patch comes out with KP2, what changes do you want to see for Erron, if any?

Mine is that they guve ex- DB4 gust armour and make sand trap more plus, like 12 lol but will never happen :p.

Is F122 data wrong? It got changed to -1 on block but it still gets punished by almost everything.
All we really need is increased start-up on db4, don't even really need armor.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
All he needs Is another Hat. It should have its own alternate selection inside of the alternate selection choices

I could be wrong but I thought it was F12 that is -1. But as you know... I don't know much about that stuff : )

They better give him some more alt costumes!!

Noob
Why did they even up the recovery.

Edit:

Does anyone else want Outlaw's F3, 2+4 buffed? Its so useless lol and it scales pretty bad imo in combos.

Last edited: