What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Thank you so much! @Redux.....i'll start taking in all the info put out there then. Is there a particular variation as a beginner I should do us in first? Or it's ok to just pick anyone.......for a beginner that is.:)

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Thank you so much! @Redux.....i'll start taking in all the info put out there then. Is there a particular variation as a beginner I should do us in first? Or it's ok to just pick anyone.......for a beginner that is.:)
Unless you are already comfortable with run cancelable specials, I'd start with gunslinger, as I really think outlaw is a crutch that a lot of people continue to lean on and learn bad habits from, especially for a new player.

Last edited:

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
if anyone wants to play some mirrors id love to see the gameplay of others. Have yet to play against another gunslinger in hundreds of matches besides maybe 1-2.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
if anyone wants to play some mirrors id love to see the gameplay of others. Have yet to play against another gunslinger in hundreds of matches besides maybe 1-2.
Add The_Farmer_101. I haven't played since August because mgsv has basically taken over. But I will trying to get back to mkx after this weekend.

I'm curious as to why some feel as though Outlaw is a crutch. Considering its combo extenders, armored stun reversal and effective bleed damage.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I can't say which variation is the best because all three are pretty good. I feel Marksman may be the top one by small margin with the cancels. I'm just happy our character has 3 useful variations, some other characters have barely one usable variation.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
The meta has evolved. Cancels are overrated. It's not like Marksman was ever Swarm Queen to begin with. Plenty of characters fight, and win, without special cancels. They are great when mastered, detrimental when dropped. I would not base an entire fighting philosophy on one tactic when a game is this fast-paced. Thus, the variation system, which in Erron's case has almost all the bases covered. The fact that people honestly can't mutually agree on an apex variation is a testament to how lucky Erron mains have it.

wsj515

I'm curious as to why some feel as though Outlaw is a crutch. Considering its combo extenders, armored stun reversal and effective bleed damage.
I mean we've had this debate ad nauseam on this forum, no use on going into what variation is "best." However I see players who have only played outlaw write marksman and now gunslinger off due to their lack of an armored launcher and the better NJP. Those tools are very easy to implement and successfully execute in your game, and many people can't see past them, which is why I call them a crutch.

The meta has evolved. Cancels are overrated.
Pssshhh what?? One of the more egregious posts I've seen on TYM in a while.

G4S Pharaoh

No limit
marksman cancels are not plus at all tho. even off of a 21122 into 21122 they can easily poke out of it or neutral duck

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
marksman cancels are not plus at all tho. even off of a 21122 into 21122 they can easily poke out of it or neutral duck
Lord almighty, its not even about the cancels allowing to continue pressure uninterrupted. Its about making strings safe on block and creating mindgames. While marksman MAY be his worse variation now, the safe cancels are still a great tool that people overlook because they don't create guaranteed pressure.

wsj515

Lord almighty, its not even about the cancels allowing to continue pressure uninterrupted. Its about making strings safe on block and creating mindgames. While marksman MAY be his worse variation now, the safe cancels are still a great tool that people overlook because they don't create guaranteed pressure.
It amazes me how people STILL don't understand this pressure style. It's like a-list cage lite (which I guess people constantly underrate too haha) while having access to EB's crazy tick throw/ex grenade pressure

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
It also helps that a lot of people don't know the Marksman MU so you can get away with a lot of shit. But even if they do know his cancel frame-data he's still super good.

Add The_Farmer_101. I haven't played since August because mgsv has basically taken over. But I will trying to get back to mkx after this weekend.
Lol this is me exactly!

I hopped on today for a but and was sad to see there were only 5 players in a room..... pls tell me the servers were down or something. ..

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So I've been messing around with Gunslinger. What time is it time to go in and what time is it to zone? And should I commit to one or the other?