What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

So at best the Rifle Cancels will just make you safe against punishment on strings. Is Marksman still worth investing time into, it seems like Gunslinger & Outlaw are shifting to the go to variations.

So at best the Rifle Cancels will just make you safe against punishment on strings. Is Marksman still worth investing time into, it seems like Gunslinger & Outlaw are shifting to the go to variations.
Yes marksman is just as good as the other 2 , and safe 50/50s are huge , not to mention higher corner damage + mindgames with gun cancels and somewhat decent counter zoning in my opinion i think all 3 are just as good as each other.

CaptainCM

Certified trash
They never had good plus frames on anything except 4~GC, so it was always primarily to be safe. And now that you can't OS with Outlaw, being safe on GC jumped up in value.

Redux

Ex Phase
now that it's been a little while with the patch, canceling into stand off at the end of a combo is my favorite thing to do in the corner. Not only will sos3 break any wake up from certain characters (Tanya, Kenshi, etc), it's guaranteed chip+ meter if they choose to block. canceling stand off and going into a mix-up once in a while is so nice.

Yes it is better. I have a question. What are optimal combos for gunslinger now that he can combo off of sos 2?
Gunslinger only combos off sos 2 in midscreen off 2112(2) but you can cancel f1 into sos 2 if you would like in midscreen i think after sos 2 you do 21122 slide ( bf4) and in the corner you can combo off his sos 2 off any if not all his cancel able strings so for meterless corner id do xxsos2 3db4 b2 sos 2 njp f24 ct around 30% and oki , you could replace f24 ct for 21122 tackle if you want as for meter ( off exbf3) id do xxexbf3 4db4 b2 sos 2 njp f24 ct around 37% and if you want max dmg end but no oki end with 21122 grab (dbf2) im not much of a gunslinger guy so if there are any better ones let me know.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
What about sos2 to extend combos mid screen? Like f1 3~ex sand grenade b2~sos2 rc 21122, ender?

I saw someone do combos similar to that but can't seem to replicate anything...

Redux

Ex Phase
What about sos2 to extend combos mid screen? Like f1 3~ex sand grenade b2~sos2 rc 21122, ender?

I saw someone do combos similar to that but can't seem to replicate anything...
Yes that works, but if you want to include sos2 in your midscreen try:
starter xx ex-sg xx f3 xx sos2 (or db4)x rc xx 211xxtackle or cancel at the end of 21122 into slide, sg, etc;.

doing f3 instead of b2 is a bit more lenient in execution since the run is shorter + doesnt consume as much stamina.

Noob
If you are at B21 whiff distance (2 whiff only) 1 puts you at enough distance that if you do ex-sand grenade that it will stuff a lot of armored moves.

Probably has no practical use lol

Noob
Sweet. What made you go for Erron if you don't mind me asking.

Edit: lol damm I just realized you are the Yomi Saltface :eek:

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Sweet. What made you go for Erron if you don't mind me asking.

Edit: lol damm I just realized you are the Yomi Saltface :eek:
I actually played Gunslinger Erron before I even touched Mileena but the variation wasn't good back then.

I chose Erron because I actually have fun when I play him & I like his toolset.

@YOMI RM Saltface, you inspire me a lot. With your perseverance with Mileena. You stayed hardcore within the struggle. So glaaaaad that you've come to Erron Black. I was really taking a good look at the character since I watched xGunShow at his tournament he won.......xGunShow, you're truly amazing!!.........But I'm a complete novice when it comes to Erron Black. Could anyone please, I ask humbly, guide me on where to begin with him?.......and how to advance please. Because upon reading from the beginning of the thread. He has been on the "nerf" train too......and it's quite a read to see what works and what doesn't as at now. Thanks in advance!

Redux

Ex Phase
@YOMI RM Saltface, you inspire me a lot. With your perseverance with Mileena. You stayed hardcore within the struggle. So glaaaaad that you've come to Erron Black. I was really taking a good look at the character since I watched xGunShow at his tournament he won.......xGunShow, you're truly amazing!!.........But I'm a complete novice when it comes to Erron Black. Could anyone please, I ask humbly, guide me on where to begin with him?.......and how to advance please. Because upon reading from the beginning of the thread. He has been on the "nerf" train too......and it's quite a read to see what works and what doesn't as at now. Thanks in advance!
honestly everything still mostly applies, really what was nerfed was sand tackle shenanigans (advantage was reduced, no longer connects off d3 on hit) but that's really it unless my memory is bad.

if you look at any top player that uses erron black the best strings to use should become apparent (11, 11B3, 21122, f1 strings, etc) I suggest you skim through the discussion at least as really alot of it still applies as mentioned.

My piece of advice would be to learn 21122 and all it's cancel points. We are blessed to have this string lol.