What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

LockM

Noob
What combo's do you use online?

On a side note could anyone tell me if this combo connects? Been practicing it out, kinda hard to do.

B 1 1 4 > TKS > j.K > Teleport > dash> 22 > TKP

The dummy keeps falling too far after the dash part and I can't connect, but it's easy to do if I start off with 22. Is this due to the BK kicking him too far?

And does anyone know if TKS > j.K. > Teleport > j.K > Teleport worth it?
If the dummy falls too far that means you aren't doing the teleport fast enough, also with the first mentioned combo the j.K needs to connect a bit later than normal because of how far you need to jump. I'm pretty sure unless you got them close to the corner you can only hit the 2 at the end only once(unless using the EX TKS), again this is of the B114>TKS, otherwise you can do the 2 twice.

The double teleport is not really worth it though as the other combo ender does more damage and is easier, unless you can connect the D1 into BF1 after the 2nd teleport...which is pretty difficult.

As for my question, how do you cancel the force ball(dissolves into thin air), i've seen LI Joe do it sometimes, although i'm wondering its usefullness.

Also new guy here :D

Xyero

Noob
Ok thanks for that. Also I've been wondering how some people say you can use TKS, and then later in the combo use an EX TKS to continue a combo.

Everytime I try EX TKS Ermac slams the opponent on the ground, I can't juggle them off the ground.

And to your post: Do you mean force ball the projectile? Because in Air he doesn't shoot the projectile just a green hand in the air.

LockM

Noob
The 2nd TKS in a combo will not let you juggle anymore, regardless if it's EX or not.
Yes the fire/plasma ball, it can be cancelled on the ground when it's traveling horizontal..somehow.

Link
At 1:52:50

Xyero

Noob
The 2nd TKS in a combo will not let you juggle anymore, regardless if it's EX or not.
Yes the fire/plasma ball, it can be cancelled on the ground when it's traveling horizontal..somehow.

Link
At 1:52:50
I think it's because reptile jumped, Ermac's projectile is weird as in if the enemy does a certain motion it can be affected, for example I was a fighting a sektor who did a low pick and it passed right through him.

EDIT: That Ermac I watched only linked his TKS into a TKP negating some incredible damage potential.

ON a side note, I'm finding online that doing >22>TKS is unreliable, namely the 22. Is it worth it to link 22 online? or just go straight into TKP like >TKS> j.K> Teleport> TKP

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Found a 59% combo with Ermac hehe

A 57%, few 40% let's hope they still do good damage after Ermac's damage gets nerfed :( lol

@ the new guy here, OP LockM, it's worth it if you mix it up with other specials like his X-ray or jump ins with 1,2,2 or 11 into TKS, then JK, teleport, dash in F+1 or 2, 2 then force push or X-ray, he has quite a lot of scenarios.

MKF30

Yeah he has quite a few easy 30%-45% without meter, but if you use X-ray even more like 50%+ lol I'm sure this will all be a little less once the next patch/update comes out since Ermac is supposed to get damaged nerfing.

MKF30

Jump in, 1, 2,2, ~TKS, JK, Teleport, dash in, 2,2, X-ray....the timing is ridiculous...lol

My 57% is jump in, 1,2,2 TKS, JK, teleport, dash in, F+1, X-ray

A lot of his more damaging combos sadly will not work online though, but he does have some nice 41%-53% with and without X-rays online ;) that you can get that aren't TOO difficult unless the lag is extremely bad

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Ok, so for the extra 2% you just finish the 1,2 string? I'm gonna give it whirl after work. Any suggestions on combos that link the Tele-Punch first then start a TKS combo? I want something to punish people when they sit back and special. (i.e. my roommate). What I've been working with is: EX Tele-Punch, TKS, jk, Tele-Punch. I rarely can keep him high enough to continue to the juggle. That's why I prefer using the 2,2 starter over the B+1, 1, 4... The TKS is just too far away. I would EX TKS, but I always forget about my meter with Ermie unless I need an X-RAY or a Breaker.

EDIT: On the combo I posted above the jump in and the first 2 are the same.... I'm just handicapped with notation sometimes.

Loot

the special effects
I seem to have a trouble doing a j.k xx Tele after TKS. I can n.jk xx Tele all day (basically meaning we're touching during TKS) but if they're a few steps away out of n.jk range my j.k xx Tele always wiffs or if it does connect it sends them towards the direction I teleported from.

Dusk

Noob
strongest combo ermac has mid screen with an xray, you have to be good at hit confirming jump in punches though.

jump in punch 1or2,b+2,b+1xxtks,dash in,f.jump kickxxTelepunch,dash in,2,2xxXRAY =61%

u can basically substitute the same combo but end it with a TKP = 47%

ermac sux though lol, no 50/50 mix ups just blan boring keep away that can be baited and punished very easily. because all ermac does is TKP and sometimes teleport which looks slow as hell and is blocked on reaction. i wish he was more than just a pretty face. :ermac:

wanna know how to beat ermac? just block high. lol

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I seem to have a trouble doing a j.k xx Tele after TKS. I can n.jk xx Tele all day (basically meaning we're touching during TKS) but if they're a few steps away out of n.jk range my j.k xx Tele always wiffs or if it does connect it sends them towards the direction I teleported from.
I had the same problem for a while, it helps to sort of delay your j.k so it sends them backwards, instead of down to the ground.

MKF30

strongest combo ermac has mid screen with an xray, you have to be good at hit confirming jump in punches though.

jump in punch 1or2,b+2,b+1xxtks,dash in,f.jump kickxxTelepunch,dash in,2,2xxXRAY =61%

u can basically substitute the same combo but end it with a TKP = 47%

ermac sux though lol, no 50/50 mix ups just blan boring keep away that can be baited and punished very easily. because all ermac does is TKP and sometimes teleport which looks slow as hell and is blocked on reaction. i wish he was more than just a pretty face. :ermac:

wanna know how to beat ermac? just block high. lol

Ermac doesn't suck, the point of using him is to play keep away and turtle well, if you can do that and believe me, he can if you know how to use him, then your foe won't even touch you.... he's just tricky but well worth it. Ermac is NOT about up close kombat, and he can do very well without 50/50 up close mix ups....trust me lol, he has other tricks like sweeping into specials, making his foes block thinking he'll do a TKS or force push and just throw their asses, his F+4 sets up mind games. I can go on, you just have to play him right and work on him.

Also, that 61% is far too risky and will only work offline lol, I wouldn't even bother with that offline or online in a close match. Just go with the 41%-60% that are far easier and less risky.

His whole game is keep away, zoning, turtling etc...if you want an easy melee character up close, pick Cage or Lao someone like that. Don't pick Ermac lol...

Ermac is deadly and arguably one of the best turtlers in the game, but sadly most people don't know how to use him...

And you can't just block high like Admiral said, you block high I'll just throw you all day and F+4 you until you die lol

Dusk

Noob
lol i said block high because if ur out of his TKP range he's got no up close game or any real mix ups. i wish this fool combo off his f+4 and u+4, man he'd be a threat up close aswell. but really if u just zone him and bait that teleport he seems not so good compared to other characters who like to get in that ass.

i stand by what i said, if u just bait grabs and that f+4 hes way easier to beat than people think. all he really has is turtling.

MKF30

Ermac has enough to get by up close, while lacking in close mix ups he can manage if played right. I can't say how many people I've played who think I'm going to do a psychic attack and I make them pay with throws and sweeps and F+4's etc lol. I've heard people curse me out over it, it's great haha. Especially when I'm facing a Lao or Smoke :)

You can try that with me anytime, so far people don't get close in on my Ermac lol. If they do, it's for a short while. Also, don't forget if you crowd him he'll just nail you with his wake ups which are very fast.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Ermac doesn't suck, the point of using him is to play keep away and turtle well, if you can do that and believe me, he can if you know how to use him, then your foe won't even touch you.... he's just tricky but well worth it. Ermac is NOT about up close kombat, and he can do very well without 50/50 up close mix ups....trust me lol, he has other tricks like sweeping into specials, making his foes block thinking he'll do a TKS or force push and just throw their asses, his F+4 sets up mind games. I can go on, you just have to play him right and work on him.

Also, that 61% is far too risky and will only work offline lol, I wouldn't even bother with that offline or online in a close match. Just go with the 41%-60% that are far easier and less risky.

His whole game is keep away, zoning, turtling etc...if you want an easy melee character up close, pick Cage or Lao someone like that. Don't pick Ermac lol...

Ermac is deadly and arguably one of the best turtlers in the game, but sadly most people don't know how to use him...

And you can't just block high like Admiral said, you block high I'll just throw you all day and F+4 you until you die lol
This^

Ermac is a beast, when played properly. Going along with that, if someone DOES get close to you -- which is bery bery unlikely if you're playing properly -- a reverse j.p is the key. If you j.p and it's blocked, you're guaranteed a throw almost always and the Tele-Push non-sense in-sues. If you're tired of being thrown and dash a little back, the 3,1,2 string will keep you guessing, oh and don't forget that it can be shortened to 3,1 and the ridiculous close up combos Ermac has start to happen. Ermac is a mind fuck and a half.

@MFK
Get a PS3 and make PSN come back up, I wanna do some Ermac duels! XD

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hey all... alright i've been an Ermac fan since forever. When MK9 came out i found Reptile and cyrax to be very interesting. today i got into ERMAC because of Floe lol

so i have a question please, how the heck do u do Ermac's Unblockable reset after f+4 ? :S

From what i read in here someone posted that he had version 0.1 ? so i wanna know first off, how do u know the versions? on my MK9 after ermac's f+4 u dont have time to dash at all! though today in the tourney everybody was doin it :S

any help if possible ? :)

also i think 3,1,2 is very neat and applicable for mind trick unblockables i guess?
thanks

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
afaik the tourney wasnt using the lastest version, coz in the latest one you cant do the unblockable setup (which was posted here a while ago and tom brady went all nuts over nothing about it).
no one knew it was practically an infinite and kept going "oh he's going for the reset", it shouldve been banned seeing as everything that was patched before was banned...

if you try it in the recent versions you'll just eat a combo lol

APPLES

Noob
hey i REALLY need some help maining ERMAK with character mirror matche's.. my main is kitana but i really like ERMAK i would greatly apreciate it..
MEXGIEF PSN...im in the midwest...chicago not allot of ppl playing MK HERE..mostly SSF4 N MVCf

FUCK I JUST 2BLE POSTED...