What's new

East Coast Throwdown Schedule and Discussion

Immortal

Blind justice....
You literally just said earlier that “Baraka has been deleted from competition”.

And as far as ECT not being filled with Baraka/Cyrax, we’ve seen several Baraka’s on stream today. But also, not every match is streamed. I’m sure there’s a lot more than we’re able to see. RakaRax is super easy to learn and use, so I’m sure there’s plenty out there at ECT. If not mains, they have ‘em in their pockets.
I literally put that sentence in "" so there wont be any confusion...................

And i also said before he is very good/good. Please stop with the selective quoting.

One last time - Baraka is very good/good. Just not as good as Raiden or Cage paired with Cyrax. And yes he is easy to pick up and im sure that a lot of people have him as a pocket character, never said otherwise.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The fact is, Baraka is top tier just like Kenshi, Cage and Raiden. There’s just more Baraka players to get MU experience against since he’s the easiest to use out of the 4. Simple as ¯\(ツ)

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yes - there is a lot Baraka players(online) althou one can argue that at this point in time there is a lot more Cage/Raidens but it doesn't really matter.
No - the fact is you can get out of Baraka/Cyrax pressure pretty easily and you really can't do the same vs Raiden or Cage with Cyrax. That is the main difference.

Thou no point in arguing, i have my opinion, you have yours... so agree to disagree.

Yes - there is a lot Baraka players(online) althou one can argue that at this point in time there is a lot more Cage/Raidens but it doesn't really matter.
No - the fact is you can get out of Baraka/Cyrax pressure pretty easily and you really can't do the same vs Raiden or Cage with Cyrax. That is the main difference.

Thou no point in arguing, i have my opinion, you have yours... so agree to disagree.
But pressure isn’t the only thing he has…he has amazing whiff punishing tools and 1 million year active frames a decent projectile and is incredibly hard to anti air.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Obviously, just like any other top tier character, they all have additional strenghts not only pressure. Cage has star power on top of phasing throu gaps and full combo punishing and great going 2/3 of the screen whif punisher. I dont think i need to go into Raiden options... coz most people know it.

Meta currently is pressure above all. So i focused on that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

I don’t mind you saying that Cage and Raiden are better than Baraka. But you seem to be implying that Baraka isn’t top tier. Also, curious why you keep omitting Kenshi though? Don’t tell me you you don’t think Kenshi is top tier either?

I don’t mind you saying that Cage and Raiden are better than Baraka. But you seem to be implying that Baraka isn’t top tier. Also, curious why you keep omitting Kenshi though? Don’t tell me you you don’t think Kenshi is top tier either?
I feel like a lot of characters have potential to be top tier but are going under the radar because of the attention these 4 are getting. I want to see how well they do without cyrax though.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I do think Kenshi is top tier.
Thou im more of the same mind as Tigers is about him - tale of two worlds - the best in the game with Sento out, mediocre without him.

I also think that when they nerf Cyrax, Baraka and Rain will fall the hardest out of any characters in the game(if they dont change anything else about them).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I do think Kenshi is top tier.
Thou im more of the same mind as Tigers is about him - tale of two worlds - the best in the game with Sento out, mediocre without him.

I also think that when they nerf Cyrax, Baraka and Rain will fall the hardest out of any characters in the game(if they dont change anything else about them).
I feel you, and agree. I honestly don’t think Cyrax needs a ton of nerfs. Just make Kopter Chopper cost more Kameo Meter and make the Kameo Meter recharge slower after using Kopter Chopper. That’s how I believe they should handle it at first. Then if he’s still too good later on, you go from there. Oh, and make picking him give you either -100 HP or at least -50 HP.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
everybody now(high level players) know how to blow up his fake pressure (d,f2 into Cyrax)
Yeah this will definitely help in the MU and it’ll bring Baraka down a bit. A lot of people still don’t realize there’s a gap in df2. You can flawless block it, or you can just armor through it completely, at least I know you can do it with Scorpion.

Same with Raiden’s Electromagnetic Storm. You can flawless block it while blocking, you just have to lab the timing. But I don’t think you can armor through it or anything like you can Baraka’s df2

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yeah this will definitely help in the MU and it’ll bring Baraka down a bit. A lot of people still don’t realize there’s a gap in df2. You can flawless block it, or you can just armor through it completely, at least I know you can do it with Scorpion.
That's the main difference like i pointed out before - you can blow up Baraka pressure with almost any character and Cage can straight up kill you for trying with phase throu the gap. He is like a hard counter to Baraka.

You can't blow up Raiden/Cyrax or Cage/Cyrax pressure you have to hold it and after that it's not your turn either. The best you can do - flawless block but again you still dont get your turn. That is why in my opinion Raiden and Cage are just straight up better than Baraka in current meta.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This tournament is delivering. Not a lot of Sub, Scorp, Nitara, Shang, but I think I've seen everybody else today.