What's new

East Coast Throwdown Schedule and Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Posted this in Crim Crumbs MK1 Competitive Discussion Thread. Which is a thread to talk about all the tournaments for MK1. But since this thread was also made, I’ll just repost it since it took some time to do.

Excited to watch the first real Major for MK1. I REALLY like this game. And even though I haven’t gotten to play it anywhere near as much as I’d like, I’m not in a super rush like I have been with previous NRS titles. But I’ve been watching a bunch of sets and tournaments.

Curious to see if SonicFox is going to stick with his new main, Rain, or go back to his original one in Kenshi. Or of course any of the other characters he has learned.

I actually haven’t seen TOO much of NinjaKilla’s gameplay, just a few sets. With him of course using Liu Kang but also characters like Raiden.

F0xy’s content has been hilarious and he also has been using several characters. I assume he’s gonna go with Shang, but he also could use Kitana, Li Mei or others. However, it seems that he won’t be attending ECT. Even though he’s in the brackets, he has said recently on Twitter that he wouldn’t be able to attend. Mainly due to the high cost of traveling and that even if he managed to get 1st, he’d still be at -$2k so it wasn’t really worth it for him.

Xombat and pretty much every top player seem to have been using several different characters. Very few have I seen just been sticking to a single character. Only people like K7 with Kenshi, JustNasty with Smoke, HoneyBee and ChrisG with Reptile, A Virk with Scorpion, Tweedy with Geras at first but now almost 100% Baraka.

Looking at these brackets… yeah this is an absolutely insanely stacked tournament.

Notable players:

Bracket/Pool A3

-Pulse
-Bdogg
-iGRUESOME
-Fierce

Bracket/Pool A4
-TheMightyUnjust
-King Raj
-Alcatraz
-Ragnarok Tyr

Bracket/Pool B3
-Titaniumtigerzz
-facelessMan
-Jer
-Infinitii
-Scar

Bracket/Pool B4
-KingGambler
-Kompetitor
-Grr
-BigDaddyG

Bracket/Pool C3
-Splash
-NerdJosh
-CoRzz
-UnbearableSkill

Bracket/Pool C4
-TurkeySucks
-Matr!x
-Kevo
-Shujinkydink

Bracket/Pool D3
-WiZEGEMiNi
-Youphemism
-Mikemetroid
-Blackburry
-Kitana Prime

Bracket/Pool D4
-K7 Showoff
-GuamoKun
-Pluralmite
-Aztec

Bracket/Pool E3
-Rewind
-sooneo
-Semiij
-Cossner

Bracket/Pool E4
-ELCucuyFGC
-Michaelangelo
-Pure

Bracket/Pool F3
-NinjaKilla
-2eZ
-BigBirdMD
-Kxng Murdock

Bracket/Pool F4
-SonicFox
-Patient Impulse
-Skeezer
-Dyloch

Bracket/Pool G3
-Bluelinkys
-ReBeL
-Zyphox

Bracket/Pool G4
-Xombat
-Bdon
-Coach Steve
-Professor KO

Bracket/Pool H3
-VideoGamezYo
-Ludi
-oDittle

Bracket/Pool H4
-Zintai
-Destroyer
-MsMeseeks
-A F0xy Grampa (NOT ATTENDING)
-CrazyFingers
-Stabs

^^
There’s probably more players that I missed. But that was a lot of players to go through. So if you’re going to ECT and in this tournament and I didn’t mention you, it’s most likely because I just didn’t read your name.

Anyway, this is gonna be one HELL of a tournament!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
East Coast Throwdown 2023 - Mortal Kombat 1 Pro Kompetition | Day 1 Pools

Jynks

wow... CR_VYLETS's Meelina is crisp.... those Sektor rocket setups are spice!

Jynks

eveytime I see reptile on screen it sadness me HonneyBee is not at ECT23. His Reptile game with those invisible setups seems to be miles in front of any reptile I see, at the moment.

Jynks

I'm watching on delay... finally they fixed the game gamma after Aquaman and Infinity left the mic.

Jynks

holy fuck.. Jer's raidin is a problem... but triclops took it to 2/2. He almost pulled it back... fantastic set.

Last edited:

Jynks

BigDaddyG showing future meta... flawless blocking int he middle of strings, not gap, in strings.. and then the other players pressure means no chip at all for massive amounts of time. Cyrax chip... gone. Really impressive and how the game will be played by eveyone soon.

BlazingShrapnel

World's Worst Nitara
That's MsMeseeks. she commentates on R1ps Arena a bunch

Related to R1ps Arena: it's interesting to see the difference in meta between the EU scene and the pools at ECT so far. Way more Baraka/Cyrax over there than here so far

Immortal

Blind justice....
There can't be less at ECT tbh since there was 0 Baraka on stream lol(i don't count one pocket one which was in 1 game of 1 set). Baraka is great but he is no Raiden/Cage or Kenshi, that much is obvious. Also R1ps Arena is an online tournament and this is offline, makes a big difference in character selection imo.

BlazingShrapnel

World's Worst Nitara
There can't be less at ECT tbh since there was 0 Baraka on stream lol(i don't count one pocket one which was in 1 game of 1 set). Baraka is great but he is no Raiden/Cage or Kenshi, that much is obvious. Also R1ps Arena is an online tournament and this is offline, makes a big difference in character selection imo.
No doubt about the difference between online and offline, but I was also thinking about Viennality having more Baraka, too. Raiden definitely seems like the better of the two. tho Probably better just to compare the meta based on Viennality being two weeks in vs. a month+ for ECT