What's new

Early Top 5 thoughts from Sonic Fox

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
The problem is that you are still comparing him to his IGAU version like... Just let it go! Yeah, he lost his toold or whatever but he gained a lot of stuff as well, maybe if you focus on doing well with this GL instead of being melancholic about it you will realize he is not a bad character at all.

Everyone has to deal with delayed wake-ups... That would be like me saying Cheetah's oki is a bill because you can just delay wake-up but it's really not, there are ways around it and it's all about reading what your oponent is going to do.
His damage being low is a weakness but he actually has meterless damage which most of the characters in this game lack so I don't think it's all that bad.
i only compare it because batman superman and black adam still have all of their dumb shit from IGAU and i tried going with this GL but he isnt good. he cant even anti air. please tell me whats good about his new moves because i dont see it? and by good i mean makes him tournament viable. im not just bitching i actually know this character. and delayed wakeups arent the reason he's trash its just a way to deal with what people think can be one of his strength's

not to mention you can still backdash b13 and even if i think you might backdash it the only way i can punish is with lift and if you block that i eat a full combo.he has more weaknesses and holes in his offense than you think.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
random thoughts on certain characters so far

Definitely think black adam is overrated and isn't the best. Certainly top 5 but I think Aquaman and Batman are better than him.

Atrocitus I feel will fall slightly lower once people get more familiar with him. Hes definitely overwhelming at first and is certainly a very strong character but i think he has a hard time against zoners who can build meter quickly if they manage their resources well so they always have push block for when he has trait out.

Catwoman i think is the current sleeper, her hitbox is actually kinda silly. Knockdown game seems a lot better

Deadshot i think is definitely very strong. I dont think hes too good but i think he should be adjusted since it isn't very exciting to watch and we're in an era where fighting games are playing on TV.

Swamp thing is trash but mostly because his anti-zoning tools aren't reliable. If they were fixed I think he would be a decent character.

Supergirl has the utility of a top tier character but lacks the damage output. She is still a very strong character and seems to be able to fight everyone pretty well despite being outdamaged by nearly everyone.

Firestorm is a lot of fun, hes good enough to win, i dont know about top 10 good, maybe he is, but hes good enough.

Cyborg and Joker are real characters now

Braniac is currently lacking but i think in future versions of the game can potentially be very strong so i think hes worth learning

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
i only compare it because batman superman and black adam still have all of their dumb shit from IGAU and i tried going with this GL but he isnt good. he cant even anti air. please tell me whats good about his new moves because i dont see it? and by good i mean makes him tournament viable. im not just bitching i actually know this character. and delayed wakeups arent the reason he's trash its just a way to deal with what people think can be one of his strength's
Well, those were lucky for having the same movesets mostly and even then they are still pretty different but Green Lantern got way more changes... You're just proving my point.

His bomb is a good way to create fullscreen frame traps, his beam is his best new move IMO because of the hitbox, it's mid and does good damage, it also knocks down maling it good for trades, his prohectile can't be MB like Oa's rocket but it recovers faster now, his low bulder is not a bad move at all... he can actually make you eat chip damage without spending a bar right now, his wall is good for safety and an "ok" wake-up.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Well, those were lucky for having the same movesets mostly and even then they are still pretty different but Green Lantern got way more changes... You're just proving my .

His bomb is a good way to create fullscreen frame traps, his beam is his best new move IMO because of the hitbox, it's mid and does good damage, it also knocks down maling it good for trades, his prohectile can't be MB like Oa's rocket but it recovers faster now, his low bulder is not a bad move at all... he can actually make you eat chip damage without spending a bar right now, his wall is good for safety and an "ok" wake-up.
his bomb is great full screen but punishable up close
his beam costs a bar of meter
his boulder is slow and has a lot of recovery so its only real use is ending some combos and a little bit of chip on wakeup
his wall isnt a wakeup you can go right through it very easily and its not an anti air unless they neutral jum p in front of you. its also -14. its just not a good move.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Can't really disagree with who is in Fox's top 10. Except Robin. Not super sold on him being beyond mid atm.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
his bomb is great full screen but punishable up close
his beam costs a bar of meter
his boulder is slow and has a lot of recovery so its only real use is ending some combos and a little bit of chip on wakeup
his wall isnt a wakeup you can go right through it very easily and its not an anti air unless they neutral jum p in front of you. its also -14. its just not a good move.
Wall isn't fully invincible, but that's pretty much a majority of the wakeups in the game. Still good, though, on knockdowns without good meaty setups.

OCL isn't really meant for up close safety. If you're using it to try and stay safe, you'll get blown up by anyone that knows the matchup. It's meant for distance oki and zoning vs non-zoners, as well as some counterzone.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Supergirl has the utility of a top tier character but lacks the damage output. She is still a very strong character and seems to be able to fight everyone pretty well despite being outdamaged by nearly everyone.
In my opinion damage isn't her biggest weakness. I'd be fine with her damage if everything she did in footsie range wasn't punishable.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If you block a trait cancel you're holding 9-12% chip and he's anywhere from +8-+24. If he throws you that's only 12% yeah, but you're still eating 9% from his trait so it's like a 19-21% throw. If he happens to open you up, you know the result of that. Superman has no mix ups as well(outside of the corner, Adam has them there too tho) and does nothing for chip even with trait on.

Sasolino I know you're just downplaying and you have an agenda. I'm just posting this so less informed players will know that you're being deceiving.

Black Adam trait frame data. Keep in mind his trait automatically does 9% unblockable for shits and gigs and basically all of these that good Adam's use are hit confirmable.
What you are saying is abolutely right actually, however Superman's chip is just as crazy and his 8f advancing normal is a mid. Besides, he has zoning.

ps: I have an agenda? seriously?

Last edited:
Im really curious to hear his reasoning for Darkseid, the rest are definitely top 5/debatable top 5.

Edit: Robin at 10 also surprises me, but admittedly I don't have a lot of matchup exp. against him so I can't say too much, but from what I've seen he's gets zoned rather easily, and struggles to open people up once he does get in close.
Bc of darkseid tele he is externally
Hard to out zone. Dead shot and super girl have the best chance bc u can't rest to their projectile.

He has room for a lot of creativity for mix ups and hits like a truck. Also, 1400 health! I get to play M2dave's a a lot and I'm starting to see his depth.

Robin has top 3 footsies with aqua and green lantern. No really mix up potential unless there is something with his trait we don't know. I played raptors in a long set. Robin is zoneable but his footsies are amazing.

WTF IS WIT THE ATROS DOWNPLAY??? I MAIN THE CHARACTER AND HES FUCKED UP. AND LOL AT THE IDEA OF SUPERGIRL BEING TOP 5. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
I haven't got to play supergirl yet. She has good zoning and mobility. What are the big issues with her?

I know people say her damage is low. And b12 to whatever follow up can be poked out. Just curious your thoughts on why's she is bad

Supergirl is A, not A+. There's no universe where she's better than GL, Cheetah, Ivy, Harley, BC, and Catwoman. She's a little overrated right now because people don't know the matchup and don't realize her weaknesses.

I'm not saying she's B or or worse, just not A+ or top 10.

@A F0xy Grampa Is one of the few top of the top players that have pointed out her weaknesses and realize she isn't really tournament viable at this point. Scar too, but I have no idea if he even has an account on here anymore. She does do good in some MU's, so she should really only be used as a counterpick.
Where did they point these things out?

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I also feel like Deadshot is still being a little slept on. Tier lists are ultimately based on MUs, and I feel like Deadshot does really well vs the entire cast. I hear his counters are Adam and Supergirl, maybe Aquaman. But he seems to dictate neutral vs Adam/Aqua and wins up close vs Supergirl. @PLAYING TO WIN thoughts?

I also feel like Deadshot is still being a little slept on. Tier lists are ultimately based on MUs, and I feel like Deadshot does really well vs the entire cast. I hear his counters are Adam and Supergirl, maybe Aquaman. But he seems to dictate neutral vs Adam/Aqua and wins up close vs Supergirl. @PLAYING TO WIN thoughts?
Deadshot is very good BUT great players can walk him down. That's were mb riffle comes in. There is no really unpredictability in his zoning. Like a sinestro trait that makes people go, "ok I'm not sure I can move right now"

For me, his difficult matchups are :

Harley ( can't aa her jump2. With d2 or instant jump 1) , her jump guns are the main reason. When she mixes up high shot, jump 2 and jump guns she controls space so well and freezes my zoning at that range. Full screen I do fine. She also has 50/50s. Imo she could be a better deadshot as the game progresses. Blink ducky is out there doing work with her)

cheetah (mobility),

catwoman (low whip and j2 plus her amazing plus pressure),

green arrow (no hurt box on legs when arrow and completely takes high shot out of the game bc low arrow),

green lantern( amazing forward walk speed and out footsies me badly, nopunish for b13close lantern)

I have no real exp vs beetle, joker, canary yet.

I'm sure it's been stated, and I'm not hating to any degree. But it is interesting that ANYONE who speculates on even one character's placement gets blown up with the endless stream of "it's too early".

However, with Fox, tweets in order top 5, get made into a thread. To the victor goes the spoils lol.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Fight me Bro - My living tier list

"living"

S+

Batman

Aquaman

Deadshot

Adam

Darkseid

Superman

Atrocitus

A+
Harley

Canary

Robin

Supergirl

A

Firestorm

GL

poison Ivy

Catwoman

Joker

Dr Fate

Flash

Scarecrow

Cheetah

Arrow

Cyborg

Beetle

Bane

B+

Brainiac

Cold

WW

Grodd

C trash

Swamp
Catwoman and possibly Firestorm could probably lumped in the A+ tier. Canary and maybe Supergirl could stay where they are at or get bumped down 1 group. Just my opinion.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Deadshot is very good BUT great players can walk him down. That's were mb riffle comes in. There is no really unpredictability in his zoning. Like a sinestro trait that makes people go, "ok I'm not sure I can move right now"

For me, his difficult matchups are :

Harley ( can't aa her jump2. With d2 or instant jump 1) , her jump guns are the main reason. When she mixes up high shot, jump 2 and jump guns she controls space so well and freezes my zoning at that range. Full screen I do fine. She also has 50/50s. Imo she could be a better deadshot as the game progresses. Blink ducky is out there doing work with her)

cheetah (mobility),

catwoman (low whip and j2 plus her amazing plus pressure),

green arrow (no hurt box on legs when arrow and completely takes high shot out of the game bc low arrow),

green lantern( amazing forward walk speed and out footsies me badly, nopunish for b13close lantern)

I have no real exp vs beetle, joker, canary yet.
Catwoman b3 RIP. I think she is def one of DS's worst MU's. I am maining Harley and the MU is honestly still annoying. I'd still call it even but I definitely don't think Deadshot wins.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Fight me Bro - My living tier list

"living"

S+

Batman

Aquaman

Deadshot

Adam

Darkseid

Superman

Atrocitus

A+
Harley

Canary

Robin

Supergirl

A

Firestorm

GL

poison Ivy

Catwoman

Joker

Dr Fate

Flash

Scarecrow

Cheetah

Arrow

Cyborg

Beetle

Bane

B+

Brainiac

Cold

WW

Grodd

C trash

Swamp
Now that's a list I like. Mostly.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I see a lot of talk about GL and why he's bad or good and this is what I've been thinking.

Green Lantern's greatest strength is also a big weakness, his set ups. Because of his lower than average damage and meter dependence Green Lantern has to use his abundance of set ups to go for unguaranteed damage that doesn't even equal a character like Superman, Aquaman, or Black Adams bnb damage. When a majority of the set ups work and he lands his combos GL looks like a great character who can confuse and overwhelm his opponent. However when the set ups aren't landing because your opponent is delaying their wake up correctly or guessing right on block Green Lantern looks like a shitter who is leaving huge amounts of damage on the table and wasting his opportunities. I hear it all the time from the announcers when Dr Gross plays, "why did he drop that?" "why is he doing all this cute shit?" "why didn't he finish his combo?!" He's just not a character who's meant to bnb every time he has the opportunity. Not to mention a slower F3, heavily nerfed Lantern's Might, and delayed wakeups making his set ups a little harder to land (yes you can read and punish but that's just one more thing getting in the way of damage). I get why Sonic doesn't have him in the top 10 and why we're seeing so few GLs in tournament. Even the ones we are seeing (DJT and Gross) are using Aquaman and Superman as well.

Green Lantern is definitely not garbage and can beat any character in this game IF he lands his set ups and B13 even though nerfed is still a GREAT footsie tool and a force to be reckoned with. But in a competitive tournament setting do you want to rely on risky set ups to get through an entire 400+ person tournament or would you rather just play Black Adam and land 60% combos, 21% throws, and full combo punish safely from full screen?

9_Lives

Noob
His zoning isn't amazing you're right. It does allow him to play lame with a life lead, though. His b13 has a big gap but i'd be concerned if it didn't. It's hit confirmable off of an amazing 9 frame advancing low. No mention of his jump 1? I think it's one of the better jump ins in Injustice 2.

If they use delay wake up, you can read that and mix them. Pretty much all characters are gonna have to deal with no delay or delay wake up, it's how it was in MKX. If you wanted to mix with Alien who was super broke, and you were wrong on how they were getting up, you'd lose your turn or even get punished. It being in this game and not in the first is not really relevant. We're comparing him to the rest of the I2 cast, not the first game's cast.

His damage is definitely lower than others for sure. That's honestly the biggest point I've gathered from any Green Lantern player mentioning his weaknesses. While his zoning isn't amazing it's pretty good considering the rest of his tools. Besides his damage it really just seems like you guys are comparing him to a ghost aka the Inj 1 cast.
Max range is his safest option, but it's also the opponent's safest option, since he can't punish the backdash on a correct read at that distance. So if it's at max there's no reason not to backdash out of the gap.

I don't feel like he's all that bad, and I don't think the other GL players think he's all that bad. Vigilante was just saying him not being in anyone's current top 10 is a blow-up to a lot of people who had him in their initial top 5. I agree with most of what you're saying, he's not ass, but I also agree with vigilante that none of this puts him in league with the big boiz.

Personally I don't care about any of it since I don't have character loyalty. I'm playing to win, saw that he wasn't what I was looking for and moved on to Superman lol.

I'm not emo about it, I just happened to play him for a while and saw that you wanted an opinion to why people say he's overrated. I do think that any players who aren't satisfied with their character at 2 or 3 weeks in should definitely switch rather than argue about it on here.