What's new

D'Vorah Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Kotal and D'Vorah were by far the two best characters designs for newcomers in MKX. Would be very happy if they were the only returning new characters from the previous game, but we already know that's not happening. I hope we get some more new characters. Geras is definitely the coolest character they've shown so far.

Assassio

Savagery is no match for skill
Really didn't think she'd make the base roster, happy for those that use her. The new design is terrifying.

Which is how she should look tbh, even if I prefer her more human design from X.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I didn't think she'd make it after they gave a carbon copy of her d4 to scarlet. Animation is identical, albeit a bit slower

trufenix

bye felicia
Pretty much a guarantee on Kotal, since we've definitely gotta deal with her betrayal now that Shinnok is dead. No way NRS is just going to ignore the Outworld civil war with Shao Kahn coming back off the bench.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Of course she can still be opinionated, but the question is at what point does an appearance change so much that it's basically a retcon, because it changes your entire perception of the character.

MKX D'Vorah was totally rocking a haughty, regal "I'm too hot for this shit" bitch vibe. Between her animations, her black lipstick, her necklace, and literally having biological high heels, you can't tell me it wasn't all creating a certain impression. With her new appearance, I'm not seeing how she pulls that off. She looks more ready to crouch down on all fours and pouce than to walk around like she owns the fucking royal palace.

I'm not saying I hate this redesign. I'm keeping an open mind. Maybe after the disaster that was Shinnok's defeat, she canonically devolves into some kind of bestial form and goes into survival mode. I dunno. I'm just not seeing how this design makes sense with the scenes she had in MKX.
With this whole "timeline" thing nrs is going for. This could be her in the past before she joins Shao Kahn.

Whats with the D'vorah hate? She was pretty much the only interesting MKX newbie (Kotal was alright). She has a unique design and moveset but somehow people prefer a generic cowboy and the shitty descendants of the most boring MK characters.

Raider

Noob
Whats with the D'vorah hate? She was pretty much the only interesting MKX newbie (Kotal was alright). She has a unique design and moveset but somehow people prefer a generic cowboy and the shitty descendants of the most boring MK characters.
I noticed something about D'Vorah. Ppl either love her or hate her. There is no "middle" when it comes to her.

Also many fans are pissed because their favorites are not yet confirmed and there are less and less slots in the game.

And there are also Mileena and Baraka fans that just hate her. Lol

trufenix

bye felicia
Everybody's been shown in their "current" representation, this is what she looks like now. Apparently loyalty to Kotal is the only reason the kytinn wore clothes.

Raider

Noob
I wonder when will they show her tho. Hopefully next week.
They have Kano, D'Vorah and new female character to be showed. Can't wait to see her gear and variations!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
:(
Who said that? I missed it. Well maybe in next few weeks then. Her trailer will be HYPE.
Tyler Landsdown was asked if D'vorah will be seen next week on Twitter and he replied, "NOPE."

Sorry to burst ya bubble BUT i think this is a good thing because it leaves a spot open for another reveal we do not know about ;)

I noticed something about D'Vorah. Ppl either love her or hate her. There is no "middle" when it comes to her.

Also many fans are pissed because their favorites are not yet confirmed and there are less and less slots in the game.

And there are also Mileena and Baraka fans that just hate her. Lol
I hope its more the former then the latter. It seems kinda childish hating on a character because it killed your favorite in a previous game.

Raider

Noob
I hope its more the former then the latter. It seems kinda childish hating on a character because it killed your favorite in a previous game.
Believe me, Mileena and Baraka stans are the laudest and hating her the most on social media. Yes, the hate is real.

Tyler Landsdown was asked if D'vorah will be seen next week on Twitter and he replied, "NOPE."

Sorry to burst ya bubble BUT i think this is a good thing because it leaves a spot open for another reveal we do not know about ;)
I think that he was asked is D'Vorah "her" that they teased and he said that she isn't. He didn't say that D'Vorah won't be showed?

Edit: Just saw the tweet where he confirmed that D'Vorah won't be showed on next Kombat Kast... oh well.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Ooh, me, me, me, me. I'm in the middle!

Her MKX design was cool, her voice acting was great, and she actually did shit that mattered in the story, so those are all big pluses. But I really didn't like how little we learned about her. The plot twist erased basically all of her previous characterization. And then from that point on we never learn anything about what motivated her and why she's loyal to Shinnok in the first place.

The really annoying thing is that when Raiden fights her during Shaolin Monks, she has no reason to keep pretending to be loyal to Shao Kahn in front of him since no one else is watching them. She could have easily said something like "This one would never follow a god as weak as you Raiden," which would at least tell us SOMETHING about her, and suggest that she MIGHT follow a god who she thinks is stronger. But instead she just lies through her teeth for no reason and says "This one worships no gods." Which is obviously just 100% a lie, and really lazy from NRS, so... we're back to blank slate.

So I think she's potentially cool, but she's basically gonna have to be a brand new character now because we're gonna have to learn what actually motivates her. And whether I like her now will depend on what that motivation is moving forward.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ooh, me, me, me, me. I'm in the middle!

Her MKX design was cool, her voice acting was great, and she actually did shit that mattered in the story, so those are all big pluses. But I really didn't like how little we learned about her. The plot twist erased basically all of her previous characterization. And then from that point on we never learn anything about what motivated her and why she's loyal to Shinnok in the first place.

The really annoying thing is that when Raiden fights her during Shaolin Monks, she has no reason to keep pretending to be loyal to Shao Kahn in front of him since no one else is watching them. She could have easily said something like "This one would never follow a god as weak as you Raiden," which would at least tell us SOMETHING about her, and suggest that she MIGHT follow a god who she thinks is stronger. But instead she just lies through her teeth for no reason and says "This one worships no gods." Which is obviously just 100% a lie, and really lazy from NRS, so... we're back to blank slate.

So I think she's potentially cool, but she's basically gonna have to be a brand new character now because we're gonna have to learn what actually motivates her. And whether I like her now will depend on what that motivation is moving forward.
If you take the comics and her arcade ending into account, it forms a more complete view of her character. The leader's of her people were so busy arguing how to deal with the impending outworld invasion, that they didn't even mount a defense. So when everyone else was running away, she walks right up to Shao Kahn and swears fealty out of necessity. As a result, she is the only Kytinn not enslaved. This scene, which is barely touched on, seems to be extremely important, as it is the cause of her disdain towards leadership in general.

After Shao Kahn, she briefly swore to Mileena, who immediately made her grovel and abused her, but then joined with Kotal once she saw how devoted his followers tended to be, even claiming that Kotal was the only leader she has ever respected. It's easy to discount this as a lie given later events, but I don't think it was, if only because it makes for a better story if her betrayal here is in some way conflicting.

At some point, she must have been approached by Quan Chi and learns of Shinnok. This is a ridiculous opportunity for her. A completely immortal Elder God that provably can be contained and defeated by mortals could serve as a permanent host that empowers her drones due to his very nature. This would make her the progenitor of a terrifying god-eating swarm that nothing could stand against. It's ambitious, but that is what her arcade ending says is her ultimate goal. It's even in her in game dialogue when fighting Shinnok. "From Elder God to incubator."

To me, there's a clear progression of character here. She loathes how ineffectual her own people's leadership were, and is forced to swear servitude to a brutal Emperor or be killed or completely enslaved. She served Shao Kahn and watched as he was manipulated and destroyed by his own lust for power. She grew used to servitude and ended up with a lunatic who enjoyed humiliating and abusing her. Then she swore to Kotal and things were finally good. She was with someone who understood her worth and respected her, whom she respected in turn. But those core beliefs of disdain for leadership are still there, so when presented with a goal that could change everything for her and her offspring, D'vorah uses deception and guile to get what she wants. No Gods, no masters, no leaders, except her.

So that's how I see D'vorah.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I wonder when will they show her tho. Hopefully next week.
They have Kano, D'Vorah and new female character to be showed. Can't wait to see her gear and variations!
Well Tyler did say that not every week will reveal a brand new character. I take it to mean some weeks will be playing catch up to characters that have been revealed elsewhere - eg the Kanos and Dvorahs. Technically not revealing anyone new, but showing new content all the same.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I like the nests built into her body but I don’t like the face or splotchy dreds. She looks like a balding predator lol. I hope that’s a gear piece.

She was a cool character though I’m okay with her being a core character moving forward.