What's new

D'Vorah Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

Crow

Noob
I just wanted to say there is so much sexism in this comment that I hope you were just joking.
And what exactly was sexist in my comment? If I wasn't right then, please give examples that contradict my claims. For the record I've said, that both males and females are not appealing to the audience (of movie or video game), when they are ugly (like fat, wrinkled, old) and there's really nothing you can do about it. However sometimes male characters can actually can take advantage of being ugly, if it's done the right way (like when they are creepy, disturbing, monstrous etc.). Can the same be done for females? I don't think so and I don't remember pop culture ever done it in the past. Yet I'm truly sorry if my comment hurt your feelings.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
And what exactly was sexist in my comment? If I wasn't right then, please give examples that contradict my claims. For the record I've said, that both males and females are not appealing to the audience (of movie or video game), when they are ugly (like fat, wrinkled, old) and there's really nothing you can do about it. However sometimes male characters can actually can take advantage of being ugly, if it's done the right way (like when they are creepy, disturbing, monstrous etc.). Can the same be done for females? I don't think so and I don't remember pop culture ever done it in the past. Yet I'm truly sorry if my comment hurt your feelings.
... there are a billion examples of scary old crones and female monsters in pop culture

Crow

Noob
... there are a billion examples of scary old crones and female monsters in pop culture
And how many of them are playable characters? Look, I know there are quite A LOT creepy (in a good way) female characters, yet still, as I already stated many times, they are all physically attractive, despite being ugly or creepy.

See my point? "Ugly" yet attractive. Same was for D'Vorah in MKX and I wanted that to also be the case in MK 11, that's all.

Last edited:

Lun

proud TERF!

Oh, boy.

Raider

Noob
Last night i had a dream of me playing MK11 on my phone. Yes, i was playing console/PC version of the game on my phone.
D'Vorah had an ability to turn herself into bug and also her fatal blow was about her turning into bug and going under the ground. I don't remember much but it felt so real, lmao.

Crow

Noob
She looks awesome so far :). Similar design to MKX, but with more details (new engine is damn powerful, hard to believe it's still based on UE 3.0, not 4.0) and slightly more creepiness :). I guess this screenshot a little bit more supports my theory, that the first render was indeed her "true form".

Lun

proud TERF!
To be honest, I like the first render more than this other screenshot. All good for me, since both versions are in the game, right?

I just hate the hood. I'm never gonna play her with that hood.

Raider

Noob
I just want to see her gameplay, even if it is for few seconds. And i also want to hear her voice.
I still can't believe that 2 renders is all we have, and she was officially announced month and a half ago. I really wonder is she still not ready to be showed, like SK wasn't when they were planning to show him at the reveal even and showed Geras instead. Maybe they had to change something about her? I really don't know.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I just want to see her gameplay, even if it is for few seconds. And i also want to hear her voice.
I still can't believe that 2 renders is all we have, and she was officially announced month and a half ago. I really wonder is she still not ready to be showed, like SK wasn't when they were planning to show him at the reveal even and showed Geras instead. Maybe they had to change something about her? I really don't know.
Honestly, D'Vorah seems like an incredibly expensive character to make. It doesn't surprise me that she would take the longest. That said, I'm not sure what kind of shortcuts they'll take to get her out on time. I'm starting to notice the idiosyncrasies in the fatal blows and fatalities now.

I just hope they treat D'Vorah like they did Jacqui and let her keep her pressure. I'm worried they turn her into some kind of gimmicky zoner with hard to implement bug setups.

Last thing I want is Konjurer alien or whatever that whack variation was.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Honestly, D'Vorah seems like an incredibly expensive character to make. It doesn't surprise me that she would take the longest. That said, I'm not sure what kind of shortcuts they'll take to get her out on time. I'm starting to notice the idiosyncrasies in the fatal blows and fatalities now.

I just hope they treat D'Vorah like they did Jacqui and let her keep her pressure. I'm worried they turn her into some kind of gimmicky zoner with hard to implement bug setups.

Last thing I want is Konjurer alien or whatever that whack variation was.
I am also worried she'll get the Wonder Woman treatment.